+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 11/15 @ SFA game

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: 11/15 @ SFA game

Keep it going...tks champ for info

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Eek Re: 11/15 @ SFA game

Oh. When I first read the link I thought it said www.nudemoms! (...and on a Sunday morning)

Outstanding report champion110--you added all the little nuances we would have looked & listened for if we had been there. THANK YOU!

My wife and I had already planned to go to the January game at MTSU. After I read her your report, she said, "We need to get our tickets now, before Summit-nation surrounds Murfreesboro. And let's splurge for some really good seats!"

If any of you BBBers come to the MTSU game, please introduce yourselves. Just look for the lady with the trophy-husband.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    A bigger question is why are you on the WBB board? You hate the Techsters.
    . Assume that's when they are not winning and it's been a slow week on football site

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Well, I was at the game. I hope others that were there will post their thoughts too. First of all, we had about 200 people there. SFA finally filed in some and had about 500 from my very rough guesstimate. Tyler thanked all of us for coming. My seat was one row behind the bench. What a fun game!

First of all, SFA is a GOOD team. The will win the Southland and go dancing this year, I am sure. I don't see any team in CUSA that could be any more difficult, unless someone emerges. We would have lost this one by double digits last year.

I saw team work and structure. Tyler coaches every single play. It was the most organized team I have seen since Leon. In fact, I haven't looked at the stats yet, but I couldn't tell you who had the most points on our team. NO ONE stood out. It was a total team. Something I haven't seen in a very long time. That post player of SFA is a monster. She got in foul trouble in the last 5 minutes or so, which we caused by driving on her. No one could stop her, although Whitney made some outstanding defensive plays on her.

Whitney switched back and forth from being a guard to a forward. Tyler would yell out what position he wanted her to play and she would switch up. In fact he called out plays from the bench (or instructions) on every offensive possession. The players listened every time too.

Demoss would whisper something she saw every once in a while to him and he would change something up.

There was never ever a panic by the team. I don't think they even saw the score. They just kept doing what they needed to do. They were calm, used GREAT ball movement, and were swarming on defense. The refs were biased and did not call half the fouls that should have been called on SFA. We just kept going, though.

Toward the end, it was very obvious that we were in better shape. We pressed a little and SFA looked worn out. We looked completely unfazed. We were strong to the basket and acted like we had 20 minutes left, when we had 5 minutes left. I was IMPRESSED. The panic hit SFA in the last 2 minutes and we just kept doing what we do.

It was an AWESOME team win and the mistakes we did make (some turnovers and a few shots that were not wise) were few and we would get right back to the game plan. Tyler was calm, but assertive. You could tell the players completely trusted him and did exactly what they were told. Since I was so close to the bench, I could hear him encouraging them on every single play and instructing every player as he rotated in and out. SFA was deep, but I think we substituted more than they did. We kept fresh legs on the court.

I can usually say "such and such had and AWESOME game". Last night, all I can say, is the TECHSTERS worked their butts off, never gave up, and remained calm under pressure.

It was a fantastic first win for the Techsters under Tyler. This guy is perfect for our program and the most emotion I saw from the players (other than cheering on players coming off the court during substitutions) was the look on their faces when that final buzzer when off and they had a "if we follow the plan, this will win us games". I think Tyler made believers out of them last night. He earned their complete trust.

SO glad I went!!!!!!!!! Again, SFA (in my opinion) is better than any CUSA team based on last year.

GREAT job, Techsters!
    . Man-- you need to be our PR guy!! Always like your posts on football side -- this post will have me coming over earlier to watch Techsters play this year

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Well, I was at the game. I hope others that were there will post their thoughts too. First of all, we had about 200 people there. SFA finally filed in some and had about 500 from my very rough guesstimate. Tyler thanked all of us for coming. My seat was one row behind the bench. What a fun game!

First of all, SFA is a GOOD team. The will win the Southland and go dancing this year, I am sure. I don't see any team in CUSA that could be any more difficult, unless someone emerges. We would have lost this one by double digits last year.

I saw team work and structure. Tyler coaches every single play. It was the most organized team I have seen since Leon. In fact, I haven't looked at the stats yet, but I couldn't tell you who had the most points on our team. NO ONE stood out. It was a total team. Something I haven't seen in a very long time. That post player of SFA is a monster. She got in foul trouble in the last 5 minutes or so, which we caused by driving on her. No one could stop her, although Whitney made some outstanding defensive plays on her.

Whitney switched back and forth from being a guard to a forward. Tyler would yell out what position he wanted her to play and she would switch up. In fact he called out plays from the bench (or instructions) on every offensive possession. The players listened every time too.

Demoss would whisper something she saw every once in a while to him and he would change something up.

There was never ever a panic by the team. I don't think they even saw the score. They just kept doing what they needed to do. They were calm, used GREAT ball movement, and were swarming on defense. The refs were biased and did not call half the fouls that should have been called on SFA. We just kept going, though.

Toward the end, it was very obvious that we were in better shape. We pressed a little and SFA looked worn out. We looked completely unfazed. We were strong to the basket and acted like we had 20 minutes left, when we had 5 minutes left. I was IMPRESSED. The panic hit SFA in the last 2 minutes and we just kept doing what we do.

It was an AWESOME team win and the mistakes we did make (some turnovers and a few shots that were not wise) were few and we would get right back to the game plan. Tyler was calm, but assertive. You could tell the players completely trusted him and did exactly what they were told. Since I was so close to the bench, I could hear him encouraging them on every single play and instructing every player as he rotated in and out. SFA was deep, but I think we substituted more than they did. We kept fresh legs on the court.

I can usually say "such and such had and AWESOME game". Last night, all I can say, is the TECHSTERS worked their butts off, never gave up, and remained calm under pressure.

It was a fantastic first win for the Techsters under Tyler. This guy is perfect for our program and the most emotion I saw from the players (other than cheering on players coming off the court during substitutions) was the look on their faces when that final buzzer when off and they had a "if we follow the plan, this will win us games". I think Tyler made believers out of them last night. He earned their complete trust.

SO glad I went!!!!!!!!! Again, SFA (in my opinion) is better than any CUSA team based on last year.

GREAT job, Techsters!
    . Wish this could post on football site!!

Bulldog BoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the roughBoneDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post

If any of you BBBers come to the MTSU game, please introduce yourselves. Just look for the lady with the trophy-husband.
    I will be there! I'm currently in grad school at MTSU. Can't wait for the Dawgs and Techsters to get up here after they didn't come last year.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Great, BoneDawg! I did grad work there in '77-'78 ...back when the restaurant options were Pablo Fanques (4 tacos for $1 on Tuesdays) and the ubiquitous Krystal.

+ Reply to Thread