+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Therapy Needed!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Therapy Needed!

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I just re-read Paul Myerberg's preseason take on Tech.

A dismal year, all things considered, defined by offensive incompetence, defensive lags and a handful of losses against extremely beatable opposition – Kansas, Army, Tulsa and the like.

2014:

Don't ever suggest that line coach Matt Moore doesn't earn his paycheck. Last summer, Moore was tasked with replacing four starters on one of the nation's most unheralded offensive fronts; one year later, Moore must replace a trio of starters while blending in six newcomers, three from the JUCO ranks.

I see Tech's receiver corps as having the potential to be among the most improving positions in Conference USA – and all the better, since Sokol could be the triggerman needed to stretch the field.

There are some things here that need fixing. The good news is that I can partially convince myself that Holtz and Louisiana Tech have what it takes to get it done. Take the offense, for one, where Sokol can provide the balance this system needs to take pressure of a vanilla running game; a proven ability to stretch the field – possible given the upgraded receiver corps – could vastly improve Tech's ability to find explosiveness between the tackles.

On defense, Diaz provides an immediate upgrade in style and approach; this will translate itself into improved production should the new-look line cooperate. As such, I'm nearly able to convince myself that this team is destined for a two-win improvement.

Dream season: Louisiana Tech charges to the top of the West Division, fending off UTSA, Rice and North Texas to reach the Conference USA title game.

He's pretty good isn't he?!
    thanks for bringing that back==think you posted that when it came out-- nice to see again

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    or we had a freshman qb with broken ribs, a superstar 4 star qb recruit who turned out to be basketcase and quit team, a superstar rb who was limping nid way thru seadon and wide reicers who average 5ft 8inches and could not get open. Also a case of fumblitice from key players. A wondeful talentent athlete returning from bad injury but just not built to take Dixon place. Also an absurd mandate from fans and administration to run spread offense but without talent to make it work. As it turns out the coach was brilliant, patient and recruited talent he needed to be successful. Only a handfull of us on BBB understood his plan and were belittled for defending him -- we kept saying he was a proven winner and 2 CUSA titles under belt-- he playing for 100 win this weekend and we can only afford him because he has 2.5 million buy out --can work for less
    Scarey! I read every word of Dogsince65's above post and understood everything! Maybe I will now start studying up on ebonics to see if I can master that! Seriously, though, most of this is historically correct, but I am not ready to buy in on the "coach was brilliant, patient, etc" quite yet-----unless you are talking about Diaz!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Scarey! I read every word of Dogsince65's above post and understood everything! Maybe I will now start studying up on ebonics to see if I can master that! Seriously, though, most of this is historically correct, but I am not ready to buy in on the "coach was brilliant, patient, etc" quite yet-----unless you are talking about Diaz!
    Thanks Amos-I was in what they call Sundowners Moment, brief repass in my dimenia ( before I get hammerred for making fun of alsheimer, my dad had it last few years of his life and I was primary care giver-- what can you do, whine about it or jest about it? ). The "brilliant" part is just a way of needling folks, my friends know I choose to post somewhat opposite of some posts just for fun... at games I second guess like crazy like all loyal fans - except Diaz -- gotta go, plane for Norfolk leaves in 3 hours--still take grandaughter to Byrd ...

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Amos-I was in what they call Sundowners Moment, brief repass in my dimenia ( before I get hammerred for making fun of alsheimer, my dad had it last few years of his life and I was primary care giver-- what can you do, whine about it or jest about it? ). The "brilliant" part is just a way of needling folks, my friends know I choose to post somewhat opposite of some posts just for fun... at games I second guess like crazy like all loyal fans - except Diaz -- gotta go, plane for Norfolk leaves in 3 hours--still take grandaughter to Byrd ...
    I always love reading your posts, '65! Have fun at the game, and have a safe trip!

Made it to Norfolk -- going to post all people I met with ties to Tech-- doctor from Natchitoches taking wife girls to Disneyland-- he had Tech tattoo on arm!! Girl in Atlanta who went HS with tyrone duplessis - guy who played HS basketball with Malone in HS - sister of o lineman who played for JRP-- lady with 2 small kids who is working on masters at Tech. God bless America-- we are everywhere!

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Made it to Norfolk -- going to post all people I met with ties to Tech-- doctor from Natchitoches taking wife girls to Disneyland-- he had Tech tattoo on arm!! Girl in Atlanta who went HS with tyrone duplessis - guy who played HS basketball with Malone in HS - sister of o lineman who played for JRP-- lady with 2 small kids who is working on masters at Tech. God bless America-- we are everywhere!
    cheer loud and long for our Dawgs. Looking forward to your posts as one of our "eye" on the ground.guys. Be safe!

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

There are a lot of Dawgs and people with ties to La Tech in DFW area. I started doing Loyal Blue Friday in 2012. I've now met 4 Dawgs that work in the same department FOR THE SAME COMPANY as I. I've discovered a lady that grew up in Farmersville but - sadly - chose to attend NLULM. Another lady went to Grambling but took a few classes at Tech. What is really interesting about her is she grew up in Chicago. Her grandmother lives in Bastrop and she used to visit in the summers.

I've been in restaurants, grocery stores, liquor stores, and other places where someone will recognize the logo/name and strike up a conversation. I love it when it's someone with no ties to Tech but they know about us.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    There are a lot of Dawgs and people with ties to La Tech in DFW area. I started doing Loyal Blue Friday in 2012. I've now met 4 Dawgs that work in the same department FOR THE SAME COMPANY as I. I've discovered a lady that grew up in Farmerville but - sadly - chose to attend NLULM. Another lady went to Grambling but took a few classes at Tech. What is really interesting about her is she grew up in Chicago. Her grandmother lives in Bastrop and she used to visit in the summers.

I've been in restaurants, grocery stores, liquor stores, and other places where someone will recognize the logo/name and strike up a conversation. I love it when it's someone with no ties to Tech but they know about us.
    Fixed it for ya. :icon_wink:

In reference to your post though, I have had a lot of the same experiences. My Tech polo has broken the ice on quite a few occasions with co-workers as well as partners and clients.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post
    Fixed it for ya. :icon_wink: . . .
    If she was born in a town in Texas, it IS Farmersville. If Louisiana, it's Farmerville.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    If she was born in a town in Texas, it IS Farmersville. If Louisiana, it's Farmerville.
    Is Farmersville different from Farmers Branch? I believe so.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

I know of Farmersville, Texas given the context of the post I assumed he was speaking of my hometown which if he was not then I recant my statement. However given that my wife's not involved I think I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Is Farmersville different from Farmers Branch? I believe so.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post
    I know of Farmersville, Texas given the context of the post I assumed he was speaking of my hometown which if he was not then I recant my statement. However given that my wife's not involved I think I'm right.
    Farmersville, TX is due east of McKinney (HD's, etal. stomping grounds). Farmer's Branch,TX is due north of Dallas on I-35.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Driven through Farmer's Branch on I35E many times. Can't really remember ever stopping. Never been to Farmersville. Been to Farmerville though.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to thread title. Should we pull a couch up next to the UNT fans?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Should we pull a couch up next to the UNT fans?
    Hell no!!! We need to show up Saturday to watch some Bulldogs who are pissed off about that collective shitty effort (playing and coaching) yesterday and atone for it on Saturday.

We can still be CUSA West Champions and play for the 2014 CUSA Championship, but nobody is going to lay down after we go up by 10-14 points. We must kick Rice's asses for a complete 60 minutes, not just the first 30 or so.

+ Reply to Thread