+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So.... Access Bowl Possibilities!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: So.... Access Bowl Possibilities!

You wanna know the definition of weird?

LA Tech and Marshall are both going into their 11th game of the 2014 season, and they've only played ONE (1) common opponent (USM), despite both having won 6 games in CUSA. And that one "comparison" is practically worthless, because USM folded its tent and quit after losing its fast start advantage against Marshall. When USM played Tech, they were motivated, because they were coming off a nice CUSA road win, and it was USM's Homecoming game. They really thought they had a chance for a turnaround season.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by richardtech2010 View Post
    I've been wondering this and please let me know if this is wrong.
    First, doesn't the playoff committee select this team into access bowl. Secondly they make the top 25 ranking.

I have kept seeing that the highest ranked G5 champ would be in. In my opinion the key word is ranked. Not even Marshall is ranked in the top 25 of the college football playoff poll which is made up of the committee. so let's just say they don't put anyone in top 25 at end of year, does that mean they have to put someone in access bowl?

It's not like they release teams with their points outside of top 25 like coaches and AP. Could you see them putting a G5 champ outside of a possible but definitely not wanted undefeated Marshall team in my view. I just want tech to win out and that is all we can control
    The highest ranked G5 champion gets an access spot. Even if every P5 team is "ranked" ahead of every G5 team, the top G5 champion still gets in.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    The highest ranked G5 champion gets an access spot. Even if every P5 team is "ranked" ahead of every G5 team, the top G5 champion still gets in.
    I think he was asking which ranking is used since none of the G5 champions will be ranked by the committee. Is it the BCS computer rankings? Or does the committee just pick the team they believe is the best of the G5?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I think he was asking which ranking is used since none of the G5 champions will be ranked by the committee. Is it the BCS computer rankings? Or does the committee just pick the team they believe is the best of the G5?
    The Committee picks the team. If no G5 team is ranked in their Top 25, they simply announce which G5 conference champion is highest ranked outside of their Top 25.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You wanna know the definition of weird?

LA Tech and Marshall are both going into their 11th game of the 2014 season, and they've only played ONE (1) common opponent (USM), despite both having won 6 games in CUSA. And that one "comparison" is practically worthless, because USM folded its tent and quit after losing its fast start advantage against Marshall. When USM played Tech, they were motivated, because they were coming off a nice CUSA road win, and it was USM's Homecoming game. They really thought they had a chance for a turnaround season.
    13 team conferences. . .

Bulldog richardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nicerichardtech2010 is just really nice richardtech2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    The Committee picks the team. If no G5 team is ranked in their Top 25, they simply announce which G5 conference champion is highest ranked outside of their Top 25.
    I am just wondering, but have you seen something that confirms this? I find it weird that even an undefeated marshall who yes has a poor schedule is not ranked in the committee's rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I see no way that they can use the BCS computers because seems like they want to get away from that model. I'm just uncertain they would pick any team that is not ranked in their poll except a boise who would offer up a good attendance.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Wrong.

The five champions of the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MWC, and Sun Belt are the five teams that will be considered after the games are done December 6. ULL has the inside track to be the Sun Belt team since Georgia Southern is ineligible for a bowl game as an FBS transition team.

I have posted the projected pool of champions/championship game matchups in other threads, and here is that list again....

Memphis
    Marshall or Louisiana Tech
    Bowling Green or Toledo
    Boise State or Nevada
    ULL
    call Bruce and let him figure it out. Wish some of you guys could have been with me monday night at Rottolos for BB game, sat with 3 time N la Tech alumni president and he personally negotiated with Brude on I-bowl fiasco. Every phone call about the invite went thru him--- this was guy who created group to raise money to send Lady Techsters to Hawaii ( think it was tournament) and one of about 10 people at Rotollos for BB game -- contributes to LTAC -- bottom line, when we get invite use the old Nike commercial--JUST DO IT--

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong.

The five champions of the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MWC, and Sun Belt are the five teams that will be considered after the games are done December 6. ULL has the inside track to be the Sun Belt team since Georgia Southern is ineligible for a bowl game as an FBS transition team.

I have posted the projected pool of champions/championship game matchups in other threads, and here is that list again....

Memphis
    Marshall or Louisiana Tech
    Bowling Green or Toledo
    Boise State or Nevada
    ULL
    Reality, do you have the current rankings of all these teams? How do Memphis, Boise, Nevada, Toledo, and ULL stack up in the rankings compared to us?

Varsity Bulldog Elwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Reality, do you have the current rankings of all these teams? How do Memphis, Boise, Nevada, Toledo, and ULL stack up in the rankings compared to us?
    They don't rank the, as I call them, non-dinner table schools if they aren't in the top 25.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Colorado St. Or Boise is going to get the magical ticket given out by the communist committee. The committee discount G5 so bad we are just above beating a high school team. I no longer care or will watch P5 games im so pissed. The only people worse than the P5 committee are the delusional AAC, they don't believe that we are their peers and we might as well call them P6 since they only have 4 of the worst teams in the country. All of the top half damn well better being bowl eligible considering they get 4 free wins in conference.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Elwagonne View Post
    They don't rank the, as I call them, non-dinner table schools if they aren't in the top 25.
    There are some complete rankings of all FBS teams somewhere. I have seen it before. I was searching, but can't find it.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, bad day made me write that.

Here are the computer rankings:
    http://www.compughterratings.com/home

We are at 48. I will try to jot down the other ones

Varsity Bulldog Elwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    There are some complete rankings of all FBS teams somewhere. I have seen it before. I was searching, but can't find it.
    There's the RPI, but the committee doesn't rank the other schools, or at least they don't announce them. They don't even announce who they think is the top non-dinner table school.

Computer rankings as of November 16th:

Colorado State - 21
    Boise State - 22
    Marshall - 35
    Tech - 48
    Nevada - 50
    Memphis - 53
    ULL - 61
    Toledo - 69
    Bowling Green - 78

+ Reply to Thread