+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bus Trip To Marshall for CUSA Championship game?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Bus Trip To Marshall for CUSA Championship game?

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I was thinking the same -if you could get flight cost down to $300/person out of Shreveport/Monroe, it would be worth it. Lowest price I see on travelocity is $460/person - includes 1 night in hotel.
    No bus offered to UAB either.

We have some folks sleeping on the job over there.

Varsity Bulldog dawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    No bus offered to UAB either.

We have some folks sleeping on the job over there.
    They floated a trial balloon around town about UAB bus and the response was minimal at best. Most people willing to go preferred driving themselves.

Varsity Bulldog Kodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the roughKodawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg68 View Post
    They floated a trial balloon around town about UAB bus and the response was minimal at best. Most people willing to go preferred driving themselves.
    That must not have been done in a very visible manner because I was among a number of people that was asking about a bus and I contacted Mr.Washington with the Alumni Assoc. to inquire about a bus on Monday of UAB game week and he said none was planned. I think there is more support for Tech out there if someone in the administration was get on the job.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

These need to be set up and promoted during the Summer.
    trips should have been scheduled - with stops in S'port, Ruston, & Monroe - to all of the Away games except ODU. The trips should include a ticket to each game.
    Have a disclaimer that if the bus doesn't reach a certain level by a certain time it will be canceled.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Like I said...sleeping on the job.

Little secret. If word didn't get out on this board there wasn't much effort. If Tech's admin would work with this board instead of working against it, they'd be way ahead.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Like I said...sleeping on the job.

Little secret. If word didn't get out on this board there wasn't much effort. If Tech's admin would work with this board instead of working against it, they'd be way ahead.
    In my own career as a public servant, I consult an advisory committee of my most immediate constituents on a monthly basis. Tell them what I did, what I'm working on, ask for their thoughts on pending projects. I strive to populate the advisory committee with both supporters and skeptics of my agency. Sometimes they agree with me, sometimes they disagree, and sometimes theyre split down the middle. But I report their recommendations, right alongside my own, the the board (my bosses) who make the final decisions.

It creates a good deal of extra work for me. And rarely is everybody happy at the same time.

But we are always communicating,

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I figured '65 needed travel advice . . . .
    one of my few talents-- had my OD tickets and hotel for month. Refundable tickets for Marshall but if Tech does something--I am in. Bowl game when we know ( dec) Booked for Auckland New Zealand Jan (side trip Sydney again) Hotel booked last week on April for Jazzfest--pre-paid non refundabe--trip to Destin first last week may. still working on my annual N York trip . July I was in Barcelona, Nice, Florence , Naples, Amalphi coast and Rome, March was in Sydney(3 day) port dougas breat barrier reef for week . May was Chicago for 4 days. couple of other minor trips . Notice 1 thing NEVER book anything that conflicts with Tech football ! I do 3 weeks annually ouside US and alternate 2 weeks yr between Chicago, New York-San Fran and 17 of last 26 Jazz fests -- do not count Dallas trips , family or annual Tech football game flight . Travel advice really is one of my few talents, my grandaughter loves Paris food, Rome Churches , London museums, and shes walked the great wall of China. Blame it on my military genes, just love to travel--- how else could I live in Shreveport

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    one of my few talents-- had my OD tickets and hotel for month. Refundable tickets for Marshall but if Tech does something--I am in. Bowl game when we know ( dec) Booked for Auckland New Zealand Jan (side trip Sydney again) Hotel booked last week on April for Jazzfest--pre-paid non refundabe--trip to Destin first last week may. still working on my annual N York trip . July I was in Barcelona, Nice, Florence , Naples, Amalphi coast and Rome, March was in Sydney(3 day) port dougas breat barrier reef for week . May was Chicago for 4 days. couple of other minor trips . Notice 1 thing NEVER book anything that conflicts with Tech football ! I do 3 weeks annually ouside US and alternate 2 weeks yr between Chicago, New York-San Fran and 17 of last 26 Jazz fests -- do not count Dallas trips , family or annual Tech football game flight . Travel advice really is one of my few talents, my grandaughter loves Paris food, Rome Churches , London museums, and shes walked the great wall of China. Blame it on my military genes, just love to travel--- how else could I live in Shreveport
    Yes, you gotta love it!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Yes, you gotta love it!
    Rhinodawg and I work for company that reward us with 2 trips a year outside USA, hes headed to Australia and 2 trips a year in USA with some of greatest investment comapnies in the world. My life has been like this for 30 plus yrs--- the real anchor for N La is Tech Athletics and more importantly, 8 grandkids (9th on way) and my friends from Tech . Go Dogs win that title for DAWGPIX!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Rhinodawg and I work for company that reward us with 2 trips a year outside USA, hes headed to Australia and 2 trips a year in USA with some of greatest investment comapnies in the world. My life has been like this for 30 plus yrs--- the real anchor for N La is Tech Athletics and more importantly, 8 grandkids (9th on way) and my friends from Tech . Go Dogs win that title for DAWGPIX to take great pictures of!!
    Fixed it for you.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog SteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rowdy View Post
    14-15 hours on a bus each way is a tough sell, especially when the Google is showing flights from Shreveport/Monroe to Huntington for under $400 round trip.
    Yea I knew it may not be optimal for a lot of folks, thats why I wanted to gauge interest. As a recent graduate, money is still fairly tight and for a couple to go @ $400 each and then rent a car and pay hotel its a little over budget for me even though i desperately want to be there.

I just wanted others opinions, and maybe see if this even had a possibility of working. I feel like it is something students may be interested in as well.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed!!!! WOW! Now that's what a great TECH education allows a man and his family to do right there.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The game could still be in Ruston guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    The game could still be in Ruston guys.
    Lloyd?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Yes indeed!!!! WOW! Now that's what a great TECH education allows a man and his family to do right there.
    +
    Tech #1 source of education--Griffs burger bar #2 Santiam plywood plant graveyard shift #3 . Taught Cedar Creek, Tech English and worked on masters at same time. NO, not whining--great days in my life-- and you are right, no way any of this happens without opportunities Tech gave me. My plane leaves for Norfolk in 3 hours--

+ Reply to Thread