+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baseball. @LATechBSB Inks Seven in Early Signing Period

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. @LATechBSB Inks Seven in Early Signing Period

Quote Originally Posted by TxBBDad View Post
    Most here are correct in their assessment of why JUCO players are needed especially when there is a change in staff. This process is simply the norm. That being said, it affects HS kids who are coming out during this period. For example, a school has interest in a player and offers him young because he's a quality player and projects to be a high level D1 player. The staff gets replaced and the kid gets lost in the shuffle because the immediate philosophy has to change to compete now. It's part of the process and gets overlooked by parents and athletes who have never been exposed to it previously. I am learning that first hand but we are dynamic in that we shift gears and change directions at the drop of a dime. No one is below our consideration.
    ?
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Why would a kid go to JUCO over coming to Tech or any other mid tier D1 out of high school then?
    Opportunity to get drafted after each year...Frosh, Soph and then Junior and Senior.

Varsity Bulldog dogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the rough

I don't agree. That caliber kid is gonna go big D1 or draft, depending on the money and projected round. That may occasionally be the case, but from first hand experience and knowledge, I would say the exception.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
    I don't agree. That caliber kid is gonna go big D1 or draft, depending on the money and projected round. That may occasionally be the case, but from first hand experience and knowledge, I would say the exception.
    Wanna reconsider your position?
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Varsity Bulldog dogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the rough

No. Two kids from our school had options of going in the draft vs aTm. Couldn't agree on money so both went to aTm. I know numerous kids from loaded programs locally that are playing at D1 JUCO's, not because of hopes of being drafted in the first year or two, but to hopefully make it to a D1 university program. My son is a Sr. in HS and will be playing for UTSA next year. Through summer ball and HS ball, we personally know nearly every big prospect in this area. LHP out of Chappel Hill, mid 90's, couldn't agree on money, went to U of Houston, not JUCO. 6'7" LHP out of Center, another mid 90's kid, couldn't agree on money, going to TCU, not JUCO. I know many kids and former pitching coach at TJC, they're not there looking to get drafted, the majority are there to make it to a D1 university. They're a D3 JUCO, but still with talent (National Champs). I know several pitchers there that had interest and offers from D1 schools only to get injured and are now rehabbing injuries (UCL reconstruction and labral tears). Some simply got overlooked. A kid out of Mt. Vernon had no offers out of HS but was the best pitcher we saw all year his Sr. year. He spent one yr at TJC and is going to Miss State next yr. I personally don't know anybody who had a D1 offer and chose instead to go to a JUCO. I'm sure they're out there, I simply can't give you a single example. Hard to change my position when that's all I've seen.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

No. Two kids from our school had options of going in the draft vs aTm. Couldn't agree on money so both went to aTm. I know numerous kids from loaded programs locally that are playing at D1 JUCO's, not because of hopes of being drafted in the first year or two, but to hopefully make it to a D1 university program. My son is a Sr. in HS and will be playing for UTSA next year. Through summer ball and HS ball, we personally know nearly every big prospect in this area. LHP out of Chappel Hill, mid 90's, couldn't agree on money, went to U of Houston, not JUCO. 6'7" LHP out of Center, another mid 90's kid, couldn't agree on money, going to TCU, not JUCO. I know many kids and former pitching coach at TJC, they're not there looking to get drafted, the majority are there to make it to a D1 university. They're a D3 JUCO, but still with talent (National Champs). I know several pitchers there that had interest and offers from D1 schools only to get injured and are now rehabbing injuries (UCL reconstruction and labral tears). Some simply got overlooked. A kid out of Mt. Vernon had no offers out of HS but was the best pitcher we saw all year his Sr. year. He spent one yr at TJC and is going to Miss State next yr. I personally don't know anybody who had a D1 offer and chose instead to go to a JUCO. I'm sure they're out there, I simply can't give you a single example. Hard to change my position when that's all I've seen.
    I wish we could have had a chance at your son. I know timing is everything sometimes. Good luck to him these next 4 years at UTSA!

You're exactly right. Timing was terrible. He would have been 3rd generation at Tech. God's plan doesn't always match mine.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

You're exactly right. Timing was terrible. He would have been 3rd generation at Tech. God's plan doesn't always match mine.
    So very true (mine either).

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

a large % of the top juco program in the country is made up of kids with D1 offers... IWCC

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

So...... if a kid goes the juco route, he can be drafted his freshman year? If he goes D-1 route, he has to wait until after his junior year?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    So...... if a kid goes the juco route, he can be drafted his freshman year? If he goes D-1 route, he has to wait until after his junior year?
    Correct. Or if he's 21 he can be drafted before jr year.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

so if a kid goes D-1 freshman year, transfers to juco for sophomore year, he can be drafted after sophomore season at juco?

If a kid goes D-1, unless he is 21, he can not be drafted until his junior year?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    so if a kid goes D-1 freshman year, transfers to juco for sophomore year, he can be drafted after sophomore season at juco?

If a kid goes D-1, unless he is 21, he can not be drafted until his junior year?
    Correct

+ Reply to Thread