+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarter System Rules for eligibility

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: Quarter System Rules for eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    The earliest I saw anything on Lennon Creer was December 17, 2011. I'm guessing there are players who have academic problems every year, but we don't hear about it when Tech's season ends with the last regular game of the season (which would be before the beginning of the Winter Quarter). Creer didn't play in the last two regular season games in 2011. Even though players might not be considered academically ineligible until the beginning of the Winter Quarter, I could see the coaching staff not allowing them to play once the grades come out for the Fall Quarter (which was Tuesday of this week). So, I guess we'll see. If we don't see some of the usual starters in the game this Saturday, that is probably a big clue.

I decided to do a little BBB research on Creer. On 12/15/11 it was reported "He said he is doing really well in school." On 12/16/2011 someone on BBB broke the story that Creer was an academic casualty.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I decided to do a little BBB research on Creer. On 12/15/11 it was reported "He said he is doing really well in school." On 12/16/2011 someone on BBB broke the story that Creer was an academic casualty.
    He had been injured and did not play due the injury in the last few games (saved us a few turnovers :icon_wink He lost eligibility for perfect attendance in October of his last year.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    Back when I played you just had to have 21 hours towards your major to be eligible for the whole year. I a little birdy told me some players (not going to name them but it will hurt badly) will not be available for the bowl game for grades? What are the current rules.
    NCAA = "All Division I student-athletes must earn at least six credit hours each term to be eligible for the following term and must meet minimum grade-point average requirements that are related to an institution’s own GPA standards for graduation."

Tech's academic requirements are convoluted but can be read here (assuming these are still valid = http://www.latech.edu/registrar/bulletin/2006-2007/chapt4.pdf

Essentially stay within reach of a 2.0 gpa

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Hopefully whoever it is can put their head on straight and get back on track academically. If missing games and letting your team down is the wake up call they need to focus on academics so be it. Young men are not known for their superior judgement (except when that NLI says LaTech on top). I want our STUDENT-athletes to excel both on and off the field, but for their future off the field is most important. Hopefully if one or more of the guys are falling off track they can get it corrected, but in the mean time NEXT MAN UP! No one is irreplaceable, NO ONE. There is talent on this team and hopefully someone who's hungry will step in and step up if their number is called.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, with the extra practice this could be a blessing for next year. Funny thing is we would never have known if we didn't have such a great year. This will be Techs first conference championship game and bowl game combo.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

We are the only honest school in the country.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    If that is the case, then so be it. Although I believe the fact that semesters start after most bowl games aid other schools. However if Tech is the only team in the country that does things the right way then so be it. I'd much rather tout my alma mater for what it is rather than for what it or refineryville judicial procedures pretend it to be.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her game Dawgyinmiami's Avatar

Weber State University, where I work, just got hit with 3 years probation and loss of 9 football scholarships after self reporting a part time math professor taking tests for 5 football players. So, I guess we're not the only honest one out there. Of course, it's only the honest that get punished. WSU is an FCS school that has won a grand total of 6 football games in the last three years. I find it amazing that you rarely hear of the bigger schools losing players (especially key ones) due to academic inegibility. I guess they must be recruiting smarter student-athletes than the rest of us.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgyinmiami View Post
    Weber State University, where I work, just got hit with 3 years probation and loss of 9 football scholarships after self reporting a part time math professor taking tests for 5 football players. So, I guess we're not the only honest one out there. Of course, it's only the honest that get punished. WSU is an FCS school that has won a grand total of 6 football games in the last three years. I find it amazing that you rarely hear of the bigger schools losing players (especially key ones) due to academic inegibility. I guess they must be recruiting smarter student-athletes than the rest of us.
    They can afford more tutors and tutoring centers.

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    If that is the case, then so be it. Although I believe the fact that semesters start after most bowl games aid other schools. However if Tech is the only team in the country that does things the right way then so be it. I'd much rather tout my alma mater for what it is rather than for what it or refineryville judicial procedures pretend it to be.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her game Dawgyinmiami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    They can afford more tutors and tutoring centers.
    Yeah, that's it.

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

...the education isn't free - you have to attend class to get a degree. The degree is there after the football career is over. Athletes get special treatment from the normal student anyway. Sometimes they forget about the fans that support them and the sacrifice they contribute to their season...it's sad to hear we'll loose some key players...all I can say is for them to play these last two games with everything they have. Any bowl game is icing on the cake for those that made the sacrifice and keeping their grades up ! Our coach has faced this at other schools, so he's got the experience to meet this challenge.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Is it factual that there will be ineligible players or is this speculation?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Is it factual that there will be ineligible players or is this speculation?
    It happens every year -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread