+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My trip to Norfolk -OD game

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

LaTech My trip to Norfolk -OD game

These are loose ends of my trip so far-- don't waste your time unless you want rumblings of old fart. LOT of Tech folks. Met doctor in Tech gear on way to Disneyland with family-- he showed me his Tech tattoo! Lady who had brother play for Tech under JRP.lady with 2 kids who is working on maters. Guy who played BB with Karl Malone in HS. Took a photo of tattoo-- hopefully sportsdawg can post.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: My trip to Norfolk -OD game

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    These are loose ends of my trip so far-- don't waste your time unless you want rumblings of old fart. LOT of Tech folks. Met doctor in Tech gear on way to Disneyland with family-- he showed me his Tech tattoo! Lady who had brother play for Tech under JRP.lady with 2 kids who is working on maters. Guy who played BB with Karl Malone in HS. Took a photo of tattoo-- hopefully sportsdawg can post.
    Who was the guy who played with Karl??? He would have to be a great guy, since he is from Claiborne Parish!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Folks here on campus are Awesome!! Basketball gym was locked up but they unlocked gym for Bob and I and gave us tour-- 3 lady championship ( nancy Lieberman days) . Security guard allowed us to walk around football stadium--several OD plays doing toss around. Hotel on campus -- stadium easy walk.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Who was the guy who played with Karl??? He would have to be a great guy, since he is from Claiborne Parish!
    . Sorry, did not get anyone's name-- just airport rambling-- I talk with anyone I meet and if no one around I talk to wall

Ok - the young lady I met who was in HS with Tyrone Duplessis. She was pretty happy when I said #22 was much loved at tech-- I misprounced his name but she let that slide.

My friend bob goes to more games than me-- he flew out early and on plane with Grambling basketball team

Great article in paper-- very well written. Coach and bobby wilder are close friends who have tallk each week and played against each other for years. Talked about 100 th - days of glory for Holtz including win over Notre Dame. Coach wilder said Skip lst all his qbs to injury at South Florida and had to play tight end at qb. Lost his rbs receivers etc to injury. Details about 2013 - losing 32 seniors- no qb etc. talked about Bates- Sokol and Tech turnaround. Article in Virginian Pilot sports section ..

Sorry this thread is so dumb-- just responding to couple of folks who expressed interest. 48 yrs ago I was here at Arned Force Staff college-- saw Stones-- ticket was 10$. Taylor Swift for granddaughter $302 today. Go dawgs

Spent 2 hours doing tour of Norfolk naval base-- largest naval base in world

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry this thread is so dumb-- just responding to couple of folks who expressed interest. 48 yrs ago I was here at Arned Force Staff college-- saw Stones-- ticket was 10$. Taylor Swift for granddaughter $302 today. Go dawgs
    No, not dumb at all! Keep it going! It is great to follow a dyed-in-the-wool Tech fan from my era!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Spent 2 hours doing tour of Norfolk naval base-- largest naval base in world
    Saw two docked aircraft carriers as we flew over port to land on team charter this afternoon.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

My brother-in-law took me onto the Naval Station today. We got to see those ships up close. Pretty cool.

Watched Tech basketball in sports Bar and rice game-- just gave up on it-- el paso had no offense except # 14. Spent 45 minutes with OD athletic department and wife. He was in athletic department at Wk ( think AD)-- place was a blast because they led entire game and beat LSU-- great for conference. Sat next to guy who son plays defensive end (91). We had OD folks pulling for el paso-- told everyone, including AD that if Rice lost it would be okay if they beat us. ( obviously bs but they thought it funny). Goodnight, it's 11:30 here and past old folks bed time

Thanks dawg06-- he told me to request BB game as well as Rice and they did it

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Great article in paper-- very well written. Coach and bobby wilder are close friends who have tallk each week and played against each other for years. Talked about 100 th - days of glory for Holtz including win over Notre Dame. Coach wilder said Skip lst all his qbs to injury at South Florida and had to play tight end at qb. Lost his rbs receivers etc to injury. Details about 2013 - losing 32 seniors- no qb etc. talked about Bates- Sokol and Tech turnaround. Article in Virginian Pilot sports section ..
    Here is the link to the newspaper article: http://hamptonroads.com/2014/11/la-t...lder-coach-not

+ Reply to Thread