+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My trip to Norfolk -OD game

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: My trip to Norfolk -OD game

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Not when I was 18 in Louisiana. You could buy beer and wine at the liquor store and anything at a bar when your were 18. The legal age was raised sometime in the 70's I believe, well after I was 21. Now Texas was different, but I was 21 by the time I got here. And talking about getting drafted (which I was) you could buy drinks at the E club on post (Ft. Polk and Ft. Sill for me before I went to Germany). I don't think they even cared if you were under 18, although there probably weren't many younger. I said EM (enlisted men's club) and not NCO club because I doubt if there were any NCO's (or officers) younger than 21.
    '

Klinton and Congress passed the national law in 1986. The states risked losing federal hwy funding if they did not comply. In Louisiana was finally changed in 1996 to prevent anyone under 21 from buying alcohol.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Not when I was 18 in Louisiana. You could buy beer and wine at the liquor store and anything at a bar when your were 18. The legal age was raised sometime in the 70's I believe, well after I was 21. Now Texas was different, but I was 21 by the time I got here. And talking about getting drafted (which I was) you could buy drinks at the E club on post (Ft. Polk and Ft. Sill for me before I went to Germany). I don't think they even cared if you were under 18, although there probably weren't many younger. I said EM (enlisted men's club) and not NCO club because I doubt if there were any NCO's (or officers) younger than 21.
    He was referring to Virginia drinking age - where he was in 1966 at 18

http://www.abc.virginia.gov/facts/legalage.html

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    '

Klinton and Congress passed the national law in 1986. The states risked losing federal hwy funding if they did not comply. In Louisiana was finally changed in 1996 to prevent anyone under 21 from buying alcohol.
    Those of us who had already turned 18 weren't grandfathered either.

We were legal, and then we weren't.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

That happened to me in 1995 - legal for two months

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

And then there was "the greatest generation;" those of us who were legal at 18 but had children who weren't legal until 21!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    That happened to me in 1995 - legal for two months
    You and I are the same year.

Some of my friends spent those months ingratiating themselves to all the bartenders around Ruston, but I was never into that scene.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

You and I are the same year.

Some of my friends spent those months ingratiating themselves to all the bartenders around Ruston, but I was never into that scene.
    My brother Andy worked for Stowes ( my friend Vince) and he was not old enought to drink -- think they have tweeked law since then about not serving alcohol if you are under 21 .. ultimately vocting down video gambling made it hard for Stowes so they closed.

+ Reply to Thread