+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LaLaff

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

LaLaff

Got a text saying we had lost to Louis. We certainly don't need to be encouraging anything but ULL?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LaLaff

We made a huge comeback in the second half from 17 down, but couldn't pull it off in the end. This team still does not have the system branded with them. It is going to take some time. I heard Tyler stating that they were all used to everything going thru Whitney and they are not used to his system yet of spreading it out. It might take half of this year before we start to gell and a few years to be really good. I believe, though. Football layed an egg today too.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I kept my mouth shut after our second embarrassing loss to NWST on the year. Not keeping my mouth shut now. The Lady Techsters notched their second embarrassing loss of the year to an in-state double-directional juco. Like I've said a hundred times, if we aren't gonna beat these guys, then don't schedule them. These losses are unacceptable. I don't care what the excuses are. We were what, something like a perfect 44-0 all-time against U-La-La, a school that cares nothing about their WBB program that they play in half a high school gym and sacrifice the program to build a softball powerhouse? Even Spoon beat both of these teams last year. No way either of those jucos has the talent that we do. Embarrassing and unacceptable. End rant.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I kept my mouth shut after our second embarrassing loss to NWST on the year. Not keeping my mouth shut now. The Lady Techsters notched their second embarrassing loss of the year to an in-state double-directional juco. Like I've said a hundred times, if we aren't gonna beat these guys, then don't schedule them. These losses are unacceptable. I don't care what the excuses are. We were what, something like a perfect 44-0 all-time against U-La-La, a school that cares nothing about their WBB program that they play in half a high school gym and sacrifice the program to build a softball powerhouse? Even Spoon beat both of these teams last year. No way either of those jucos has the talent that we do. Embarrassing and unacceptable. End rant.
    I'm still willing to give CTS a pass, being so new. That being said, I do wish these learning games weren't so must win.

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

You are correct in that these teams should not have the talent that we do but you have to remember that this coaching staff did not schedule these games or recruit these players. They are trying to put in place a new system and are 3 games into the season. Losing to ULL sucks and it hurts but I'm not ready to quit on this team or these coaches. Wait until they've had a chance to get their players on the court and really implement their system. I've been lucky enough to see what happens in practice and know what the potential is if the team can effectively run what the coaches are asking.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm still willing to give CTS a pass, being so new. That being said, I do wish these learning games weren't so must win.
    Quote Originally Posted by kj77 View Post
    You are correct in that these teams should not have the talent that we do but you have to remember that this coaching staff did not schedule these games or recruit these players. They are trying to put in place a new system and are 3 games into the season. Losing to ULL sucks and it hurts but I'm not ready to quit on this team or these coaches. Wait until they've had a chance to get their players on the court and really implement their system. I've been lucky enough to see what happens in practice and know what the potential is if the team can effectively run what the coaches are asking.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not quitting on this team or these coaches. I believe that they will turn it around. I'm simply letting it be known that it is embarrassing and unacceptable for any of our teams to lose to these in-state teams. I don't care who recruited the players, who scheduled the games, or how long our players have been in the system. There is no excuse for losing to these lowly in-state teams. As much as I love all of our coaches (yes, even Skip won me back... for now), they along with many of our players just don't get it when we play these in-state teams because they aren't from here. It's just another game for them, no different than SFA. They apparently don't understand what it's like to be a LaTech fan in this state because they don't show up in most of these games. Whether it's Skip losing to Toolame and NWST, White losing to NWST, McNeese, and U-La-La, or Summitt losing to NWST and U-La-La, they just don't understand that these are must-win games. (Skip knew about U-La-La because of what their classless coach was saying to our recruits.) It's very damaging to our in-state perception, to our fan base, and to our seasons to lose these games to lesser teams, and it's tough on our in-state alumni who have to deal with these people who went to these schools. We are the biggest name school that will go play in their high school gyms. Our coaches did not recruit their players so they all have a chip on their shoulders when they play us, and they circle their games with us in the offseason. Several of these coaches at these schools are Tech alumni who have been passed over for our coaching jobs (Brooke, McConathy x3, Simmons). These teams will always give us their best shots because they are jealous that Tech has risen above their level. And like I've said 100 times, if we aren't gonna be ready and show up to beat these jucos, then don't schedule them because they'll always be ready to play us.

And IIRC U-La-La's WBB team lost 2 starters this offseason due to ACL tears.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 11-22-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get me wrong. I'm not quitting on this team or these coaches. I believe that they will turn it around. I'm simply letting it be known that it is embarrassing and unacceptable for any of our teams to lose to these in-state teams. I don't care who recruited the players, who scheduled the games, or how long our players have been in the system. There is no excuse for losing to these lowly in-state teams. As much as I love all of our coaches (yes, even Skip won me back... for now), they along with many of our players just don't get it when we play these in-state teams because they aren't from here. It's just another game for them, no different than SFA. They apparently don't understand what it's like to be a LaTech fan in this state because they don't show up in most of these games. Whether it's Skip losing to Toolame and NWST, White losing to NWST, McNeese, and U-La-La, or Summitt losing to NWST and U-La-La, they just don't understand that these are must-win games. (Skip knew about U-La-La because of what their classless coach was saying to our recruits.) It's very damaging to our in-state perception, to our fan base, and to our seasons to lose these games to lesser teams, and it's tough on our in-state alumni who have to deal with these people who went to these schools. We are the biggest name school that will go play in their high school gyms. Our coaches did not recruit their players so they all have a chip on their shoulders when they play us, and they circle their games with us in the offseason. Several of these coaches at these schools are Tech alumni who have been passed over for our coaching jobs (Brooke, McConathy x3, Simmons). These teams will always give us their best shots because they are jealous that Tech has risen above their level. And like I've said 100 times, if we aren't gonna be ready and show up to beat these jucos, then don't schedule them because they'll always be ready to play us.

Great post!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Bingo. Hopefully CTS (and everyone else) has the guts to stand up and say "I'm sorry, this was unacceptable."

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

They do not care about all that...they want to win every game refardless of who it is...bottom line...the two bb coaches are short time anyway...we know that...both will continue to build programs then be gone..neither is worried bout some in state deal..sure they do no want to drop one but to them it is just like sfa

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Based on what I saw in Natch, Boy Wonder is clueless. That's his system? Really? That was the worst excuse for basketball I've seen.

Oh! if you're gonna tell me, No! what you saw in Natch is not Boy Wonder's real system....then, I have to ask, why did he allow it to continue for the full 40 mins?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Based on what I saw in Natch, Boy Wonder is clueless. That's his system? Really? That was the worst excuse for basketball I've seen.

Oh! if you're gonna tell me, No! what you saw in Natch is not Boy Wonder's real system....then, I have to ask, why did he allow it to continue for the full 40 mins?
    He is far from clueless. It takes a while to get a system in place instead of chaotic run and gun, which is what we were doing. We were playing street ball and adjusting to a system is difficult for players. It will come, though. In the first game, I saw it, but I don't expect to see it consistently yet. Sounds like you want to get rid of a coach taking over a losing program after the first 3 games. Give him time and I know you will be impressed.

And, yes, we probably would have won against NW State and LaLa with a run and gun style. We are much more athletic than either of those teams. However, if you want long term results and truly building of a program, you have to implement a system. Getting players to stick to that plan is difficult and will take time, but that is what I want.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I agree...two year process....he is very smart...but he be gone soon then you guys wish we still had him

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    I agree...two year process....he is very smart...but he be gone soon then you guys wish we still had him
    I wouldn't be so sure he will leave quickly. Yes, he is building his name but I know that he would love the Cinderella story that is his for the taking. Anyway, too early to talk about that for me. I just hope our fans have patience. This will take time, but will be well worth it.

I do not think he will leave soon...just think he will go big 5 league

+ Reply to Thread