+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top ten reasons la tech lost the game to odu!

Bulldog ronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of light ronmyster's Avatar

Re: Top ten reasons la tech lost the game to odu!

You don't think they could have someone watching and on cell phone to press box. If the tarp is not to protect signals what is it for?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronmyster View Post
    I have a question, it may be stupid but hey it is what it is. Diaz goes to great lengths to shield his defensive calls from somebody (maybe the press box with the opposing coaches?) Then the tv camera zooms in on him showing to all that want to see what his signals are. I am not sure how many times they did this but I know they did several times. Isn't this defeating the purpose if the other team really wants to steal defensive signals?
    That is so he can stand out among the hot mess that is the sideline and be seen by the players on the field. Easier to see a big blue block with one object in front of it than one object among many objects.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    ..........and did absolutely nothing with either one!
    frustrating to see back to back perfect passes dropped with game on line ( i will never call out a specific player unless he showboats) -- our seats gave us perfect view of what qb saw-- so it had to be third period --beautiful passes ..... I think at end of game Sokol only had confidence in 1 guy and he was triple teamed --HOPE I wrong about that. Sokol also had trouble with the wind ( seriously)-couple shots at TD . THAT said, we got one hell of a break with the pass interferance call, that thing was way past catchable but OD got penalty -- I still credit their fan base for great support, my seat was bouncing and Sokol had to call time out at least once and another time got penalty for delay of game --FANS really can make a difference, and I have seen Tech fans keep team fired up --lets do it this weekend

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    frustrating to see back to back perfect passes dropped with game on line ( i will never call out a specific player unless he showboats) -- our seats gave us perfect view of what qb saw-- so it had to be third period --beautiful passes ..... I think at end of game Sokol only had confidence in 1 guy and he was triple teamed --HOPE I wrong about that. Sokol also had trouble with the wind ( seriously)-couple shots at TD . THAT said, we got one hell of a break with the pass interferance call, that thing was way past catchable but OD got penalty -- I still credit their fan base for great support, my seat was bouncing and Sokol had to call time out at least once and another time got penalty for delay of game --FANS really can make a difference, and I have seen Tech fans keep team fired up --lets do it this weekend
    Yep. If Grant (oops! ) doesn't drop the pass in the end zone forcing the FG just before halftime, then we never have to go to overtime.

As for Sokol calling timeout because 20K fans were "too loud", well......I just thought that was silly.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just curious, have you actually watched the replay of the Grant pass?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just curious, have you actually watched the replay of the Grant pass?
    How many times do I need to watch it? I just watched it again, and BOTH announcers went on and on about how he should have caught the ball. In fact, both said "it went right through his hands. That ball should have been caught."

Not trying to pick on Grant, but a YOU asked.

He dropped it. Period.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 11-24-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not saying Grant shouldn't have caught it, but the pass was a little behind him and a bit high. It was NOT a drop in the traditional sense. It was also a bang-bang play, with him leaping and trying to adjust to the off-target pass. I bet Sokol would say, yeah, my pass could of have been a tad better.

Look, I expect WRs to catch everything they can get their fingers on. After that catch by the NY Giant, EVERY WR should think....well, no more excuses, if I can touch it, I should catch it.

But, YOU are laying a lot of blame on Grant for that play, and I'm just saying it was not a drop of a perfectly thrown pass, an easy catch. That's all. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Not saying Grant shouldn't have caught it, but the pass was a little behind him and a bit high. It was NOT a drop in the traditional sense. It was also a bang-bang play, with him leaping and trying to adjust to the off-target pass. I bet Sokol would say, yeah, my pass could of have been a tad better.

Look, I expect WRs to catch everything they can get their fingers on. After that catch by the NY Giant, EVERY WR should think....well, no more excuses, if I can touch it, I should catch it.

But, YOU are laying a lot of blame on Grant for that play, and I'm just saying it was not a drop of a perfectly thrown pass, an easy catch. That's all. Carry on.
    For the record, the pass was NOT behind Grant. It was not a bad throw. It was a little high, however. But it really did go right thru his outstretched hands. IMO, it should have been one of the easier "difficult catches" to make. Make that catch, and it's game over, lights out.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

We missed our veteran receivers in that game. Had either Hunter or Sterling been able to go, more dependable options would've been open.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

On Monday night show Holtz made a comment about Overtime, he said the third down play was designed for TT in endzone, he says lineback all but tackled TT, I have not heard him comment on refs before so I am going to believe him MOSTLY because I saw the play and expected a flag -- my seats were in endzone -perfect view of play. That said-- ONE play seldom costs you a game and OD did not get in position to win because of that play

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    We missed our veteran receivers in that game. Had either Hunter or Sterling been able to go, more dependable options would've been open.
    amen. and because it is 100% does NOT make you captain obvious, just the person who correctly pointed it out.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    I am one with a man sized Diaz crush! I believe he is the only reason that we are still playing meaningful games. Without him, we would have been a slight improved 2013 team going at best 5-7.

Diaz brings a fire and accountability to the D. I talked to a couple of players and Diazs intensity and requiring that the D play to a certain standard was lacking in 2013.

I hope he is our next head coach. He reminds me of peace and ensminger.
    Ensminger was a helluva OC when he was here. I still believe that Joe Raymond was one of our best HCs of all time.

I always liked JRP. Seemed he had a chip on his shoulder (in a positive way) and his teams played that way, as well.

For anyone who has competed at anything you know their really is no logical reason why 2 relatively equal competitors "trade off " wins. Why does a pro golfer shoot 66 one day and 75 the next. I was competitive raquetball player for 15 yrs--beat many folks better than me and lost to a lot of folks not at my level ( won mens b division at age 40 against kids in 20's. ) now that was 80 pounds ago and 26 yrs. Had travelling football and fast pitch baseball teams, spent 5 days in Orlando playing in national tournament -- WHAT IS POINT , besides the babbling, sometimes things just don't go your way..period. Guess that is why I tend to not panic or be over optimistic about any one game. Even the best in NFL have lost a game -- it comes down to body of work -- we finish 8-4 , i will be happy til bowl /conference title game - we win either I will will consider this a great year-great team. so my answer to thread, just wasn't our day...

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    For anyone who has competed at anything you know their really is no logical reason why 2 relatively equal competitors "trade off " wins. Why does a pro golfer shoot 66 one day and 75 the next. I was competitive raquetball player for 15 yrs--beat many folks better than me and lost to a lot of folks not at my level ( won mens b division at age 40 against kids in 20's. ) now that was 80 pounds ago and 26 yrs. Had travelling football and fast pitch baseball teams, spent 5 days in Orlando playing in national tournament -- WHAT IS POINT , besides the babbling, sometimes things just don't go your way..period. Guess that is why I tend to not panic or be over optimistic about any one game. Even the best in NFL have lost a game -- it comes down to body of work -- we finish 8-4 , i will be happy til bowl /conference title game - we win either I will will consider this a great year-great team. so my answer to thread, just wasn't our day...
    Or.....as they say: SH_T HAPPENS!!!

+ Reply to Thread