+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top ten reasons la tech lost the game to odu!

Varsity Bulldog larhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of lightlarhob is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Top ten reasons la tech lost the game to odu!

I'm with you gooddawg. Never have seen so many open receivers every play. The zone killed us. He finally pressed a little at the end, but too late.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Agree. Diaz was scared of their QB. We hinted at it all week... "he's not like WKU's QB, this guy is good!" "He's probably the best QB we've seen this year." I guess it would have been worse if we had played man (in their opinion). We did confuse him and he threw 4 picks, but they never punted and he nickle and dimed us to death. I think he was 18/19 at one point in the 2nd half.
    Quote Originally Posted by larhob View Post
    I'm with you gooddawg. Never have seen so many open receivers every play. The zone killed us. He finally pressed a little at the end, but too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Number one reason we lost this game was a terrible defensive game plan that we stuck with in spite of not working all day long. Diaz has been phenomenal all year but for some reason we did something different in week 11 on defense. We ran every play on defense, all 75 snaps in a 3-4 and played zone, a soft zone at that behind the blitz. We crushed utep and wku and just about everybody else playing press, a lot of man and the blitz all year. We did this mostly with a 4 man front and the occasional 3-4 look but almost always with man or press outside. The four man front allowed us to stop other teams run and make them one dimensional or at least predictable. The 3-4 did not stop the run all day it was wide open and we never adjusted. We held the ball 12 minutes in the first quarter and 12 total the final 3 quarters because the D could not get off the field. That was disgusting. We somehow have managed to lose to the two worst teams on our schedule but still win 7 games and have a shot to play for championship, hope we leave that gamelan in Norfolk.
    You guys kill me. Defense did not lose this game. The offense did. The defense set up the offense many times, but they fell flat on their faces EVERY TIME in the second half. Two first downs all second half? If we had only scored any kind of points in regulation, we would be singing a different tune today. We played against the 120th ranked defense in the country! Digest that for a bit.

Rice will kill us if this offense doesn't click. The defense has set the table all year. Hell, we are number one in the country in points scored after turnovers! How did that occur? The defense did their job, that's how! I concede that the second half was not at all pretty defensively, but they only gave up 13 points in that half. ODU took advantage of some of our offensive turnovers to get some of those points.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    You guys kill me. Defense did not lose this game. The offense did. The defense set up the offense many times, but they fell flat on their faces EVERY TIME in the second half. Two first downs all second half? If we had only scored any kind of points in regulation, we would be singing a different tune today. We played against the 120th ranked defense in the country! Digest that for a bit.

Rice will kill us if this offense doesn't click. The defense has set the table all year. Hell, we are number one in the country in points scored after turnovers! How did that occur? The defense did their job, that's how! I concede that the second half was not at all pretty defensively, but they only gave up 13 points in that half. ODU took advantage of some offensive turnovers to get some of those points.

The offense did stink in the 2nd half on the few plays they ran (4 plays in the entire 3rd quarter!). Defense only gave them 1 shot... an interception at midfield with about 2 minutes left in the game. Offense gave it right back to them. It was a dominating effort by ODU on both sides in the 2nd half, but mostly their offense (possessing the ball 20 of the first 23 minutes of the 2nd half). Offense only had 2 possessions in 23 minutes!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    The offense did stink in the 2nd half on the few plays they ran (4 plays in the entire 3rd quarter!). Defense only gave them 1 shot... an interception at midfield with about 2 minutes left in the game. Offense gave it right back to them. It was a dominating effort by ODU on both sides in the 2nd half, but mostly their offense (possessing the ball 20 of the first 23 minutes of the 2nd half). Offense only had 2 possessions in 23 minutes!

..........and did absolutely nothing with either one!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    ..........and did absolutely nothing with either one!
    Agree, they played like crap on those 2 drives. 2 dropped passes on the first drive. Nobody blocked the DE and we lost 7 yards on a jet sweep, then got a delay of game penalty on the 2nd drive. And meanwhile, ODU is keeping the ball away from our offense on long, time-consuming drives to limit our chances on offense. You are not acknowledging that part.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

All these people have a man crush on Diaz. It's cute.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Our receivers did NOT make catches they should have made!!!! Skippy should have lined up the receivers after the game and given each one a swift kick in the ass!!!

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    All these people have a man crush on Diaz. It's cute.
    I am one with a man sized Diaz crush! I believe he is the only reason that we are still playing meaningful games. Without him, we would have been a slight improved 2013 team going at best 5-7.

Diaz brings a fire and accountability to the D. I talked to a couple of players and Diazs intensity and requiring that the D play to a certain standard was lacking in 2013.

I hope he is our next head coach. He reminds me of peace and ensminger.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    I am one with a man sized Diaz crush! I believe he is the only reason that we are still playing meaningful games. Without him, we would have been a slight improved 2013 team going at best 5-7.

Diaz brings a fire and accountability to the D. I talked to a couple of players and Diazs intensity and requiring that the D play to a certain standard was lacking in 2013.

THIS!!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Everyone needs to be at the JOE this Saturday to support the Dawgs!!!! GO DAWGS. JFW!!!!!
    We'll be there!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    We will definitely be at Da Joe.
    Have you figured out that you can't make it from Tyler to Ruston in 2.5 hours?:icon_wink:

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Skippy should have lined up the receivers after the game and given each one a swift kick in the ass!!!
    Yes, since all the fans had already been kicked in the

Bulldog ronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of light ronmyster's Avatar

I have a question, it may be stupid but hey it is what it is. Diaz goes to great lengths to shield his defensive calls from somebody (maybe the press box with the opposing coaches?) Then the tv camera zooms in on him showing to all that want to see what his signals are. I am not sure how many times they did this but I know they did several times. Isn't this defeating the purpose if the other team really wants to steal defensive signals?

Quote Originally Posted by ronmyster View Post
    I have a question, it may be stupid but hey it is what it is. Diaz goes to great lengths to shield his defensive calls from somebody (maybe the press box with the opposing coaches?) Then the tv camera zooms in on him showing to all that want to see what his signals are. I am not sure how many times they did this but I know they did several times. Isn't this defeating the purpose if the other team really wants to steal defensive signals?
    Only if they are watching the game on tv.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    He will be ...

In 2-3 years, TMac will move on to his next gig. Skip will become AD and Diaz will be HC.

+ Reply to Thread