+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1-2 ...OMG we're LOSERS!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 1-2 ...OMG we're LOSERS!

Coach White's first year at Tech: 18-16 overall record 6-8 in conference.

Now, look at us since then.....

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Great post Orange. 80 and 06, don't hurt your selves as you jump off the band wagon.
    Never did I say or imply that I was jumping off the bandwagon. I said I believe our coaches will turn it around. I'm simply letting it be known that it is embarrassing and unacceptable for us to lose to in-state double-directional schools that we've never lost to before. There's no excuse for that.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Never did I say or imply that I was jumping off the bandwagon. I said I believe our coaches will turn it around. I'm simply letting it be known that it is embarrassing and unacceptable for us to lose to in-state double-directional schools that we've never lost to before. There's no excuse for that.
    Dawg06 is never going to jump off. He is a true blue Tech fan that shows his frustration. It it passion! We just all have different ways of expressing our disappointment after a loss - especially one to a double directional in-state team.

Personally, I love the passion. It shows we still have fans that believe we should be better.

Puppy bigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Personally, I love the passion. It shows we still have fans that believe we should be better.
    I completely agree... We should be better.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

How did NSU fair against Arkansas? Probably won, or got close, since they must be so good!

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    How did NSU fair against Arkansas? Probably won, or got close, since they must be so good!
    Arkansas won 78-30

Who said NSU was good? I think SFA will take the Southland.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Who said NSU was good? I think SFA will take the Southland.
    Arkansas wouldn't.....

Sure kicked Boy Wonder's ass though.

Coach White's first year at Tech: 18-16 overall record 6-8 in conference.

Now, look at us since then.....
    If you go back and check the archives, I have liked White from the beginning. Yeah, I have expressed some concerns on specific issues. But overall I have been on the White Express. Why? Because I liked what I saw from the very first time I saw us play, with he as coach.

I wasn't concerned about the 18-16 record. In fact, I was quite pleased.

I call 'em the way I see 'em.

If you go back and check the archives, I have liked White from the beginning. Yeah, I have expressed some concerns on specific issues. But overall I have been on the White Express. Why? Because I liked what I saw from the very first time I saw us play, with he as coach.

I wasn't concerned about the 18-16 record. In fact, I was quite pleased.

I call 'em the way I see 'em.
    It seems that we all liked Mike when he got here. I sure did and supported him through a fairly rough first season. Of course, he was following an even worse season. I hope you will find it somewhere deep inside to give Summit some time, because I think he knows exactly what he is doing and has a ton of pressure on him - more than other coaches starting out. It will take time, but the two games you saw were opposite of the game at SFA. I don't know why the players slid backwards, instead of forward, but that is fairly common. I think you are more upset at WHO beat us than us getting beat by a small margin in those 2 games. I hate it too, but I am going to give Tyler full support this year as he tries to build something, instead of just piece milling it together. I never judge a coach too much in his/her first year. It takes time.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

It seems that we all liked Mike when he got here. I sure did and supported him through a fairly rough first season. Of course, he was following an even worse season. I hope you will find it somewhere deep inside to give Summit some time, because I think he knows exactly what he is doing and has a ton of pressure on him - more than other coaches starting out. It will take time, but the two games you saw were opposite of the game at SFA. I don't know why the players slid backwards, instead of forward, but that is fairly common. I think you are more upset at WHO beat us than us getting beat by a small margin in those 2 games. I hate it too, but I am going to give Tyler full support this year as he tries to build something, instead of just piece milling it together. I never judge a coach too much in his/her first year. It takes time.
    +1

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Agree

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I have to keep emphasizing, BASED ON WHAT I SAW, there is no band wagon. This wagon is wheel-less.
    then tuck and roll

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

In the so-called halfcourt offense, 5 players standing around, no movement, and then surprise!! another jacked-up three.

Maybe had Boy Wonder stayed on the bus and the players just turned loose, they would have beaten NSU with their athleticism.
    I think you're absolutely right, dawg80--which is my point.

But first... I started this thread not to defend CTS, but to encourage everyone to adjust their expectations (for their own sanity and happiness) and shift their focus to supporting these special players who chose to stay loyal to La Tech under unique and challenging circumstances.

These girls were recruited by a different coach to play a specific style of basketball. They are good at it. They've probably played that way most of their lives. Which (IMHO) best explains the impotent play we've seen AND our team disparity at the foul line. It's not hard to understand if we'll put ourselves in their Adidas.

Chances are these girls developed their style of play out of necessity, playing against guys who were taller, stronger, and could elevate. That means their initial skills and instincts have been acquired to take the ball into an open area where they can get off a clean shot. It's like Vince Lombardi applied to basketball: Run to Daylight.

Their natural instinct is to NOT drive the lane against a packed zone... to NOT seek contact for the purpose of drawing a foul. When moving without the ball, their instincts are to spread out around the perimeter, stretch the zone into a hollow shell they can drive through, or, as a last resort, launch a three. So what happens when their new spacing is intended to open passing lanes instead of launching pads? The threes are more contested and without rhythm.

Sure, the coaches have been coaching them against those habits--but for how many weeks vs a lifetime? Right now their heads are playing in one system while their eyes, legs, hands and feet keep trying to play the old. And it didn't help that in their first real game they shot the lights out, giving them false confidence that they could still pull out a win using the old ways. (If you've been around very long, you understand how hard it is to replace old habits.)

I hope Lady Techster fans appreciate the loyalty and courage of these girls. They knew what was coming, and they still decided to stay and accept the challenge after others left. They understood the new staff would demand a style and level of basketball new to them, often playing against their own strengths. But they committed to rebuild the foundation at La Tech rather than run to another stage where they could "show their stuff" in the security of their own comfort zone. The seniors could have sulked, but they bought in.

Maybe the only way we can share meaningfully in their sacrifice is to sacrifice our pride for a season or two. Let's at least unburden them from our expectations. On behalf of us over-the-horizon fans, I hope y'all in the stands will cheer them anytime they attempt the right thing, regardless of the immediate outcome. Knowledgeable, unselfish fans can actually help them through the process, and buttress them against self-doubt. This is a character-building season for the players, and that will be part of them the rest of their lives.

Finally, this:
    Which do you think means more to these seniors?
    Going out with a plus-.500 season, or being the first to rebuild the foundation of a historic program. I think these girls have already chosen history over pride stats. When do we join them?

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    I think you're absolutely right, dawg80--which is my point.

But first... I started this thread not to defend CTS, but to encourage everyone to adjust their expectations (for their own sanity and happiness) and shift their focus to supporting these special players who chose to stay loyal to La Tech under unique and challenging circumstances.

These girls were recruited by a different coach to play a specific style of basketball. They are good at it. They've probably played that way most of their lives. Which (IMHO) best explains the impotent play we've seen AND our team disparity at the foul line. It's not hard to understand if we'll put ourselves in their Adidas.

Chances are these girls developed their style of play out of necessity, playing against guys who were taller, stronger, and could elevate. That means all their skills and instincts have been acquired to take the ball into an open area where they can get off a clean shot. It's like Vince Lombardi applied to basketball: Run to Daylight.

Their every instinct is to NOT drive the lane against a packed zone... to NOT seek contact for the purpose of drawing a foul. When moving without the ball, their instincts are to spread out around the perimeter, stretch the zone into a hollow shell they can drive through, or, as a last resort, launch a three. So what happens when their new spacing is intended to open passing lanes instead of launching pads? The threes are more contested and without rhythm.

Sure, the coaches have been coaching them against those habits--but for how many weeks vs a lifetime? Right now their heads are playing in one system while their eyes, legs, hands and feet keep trying to play the old. And it didn't help that in their first real game they shot the lights out, giving them false confidence that they could still pull out a win using the old ways. (If you've been around very long, you understand how hard it is to replace old habits.)

I hope Lady Techster fans appreciate the loyalty and courage of these girls. They knew what was coming, and they still decided to stay and accept the challenge after others left. They understood the new staff would demand a style and level of basketball new to them, often playing against their own strengths. But they committed to rebuild the foundation at La Tech rather than run to another stage where they could "show their stuff" in the security of their own comfort zone. The seniors could have sulked, but they bought in.

Maybe the only way we can share meaningfully in their sacrifice is to sacrifice our pride for a season or two. Let's at least unburden them from our expectations. On behalf of us over-the-horizon fans, I hope y'all in the stands will cheer them anytime they attempt the right thing, regardless of the immediate outcome. Knowledgeable, unselfish fans can actually help them through the process, and buttress them against self-doubt. This is a character-building season for the players, and that will be part of them the rest of their lives.

Finally, this:
    Which do you think means more to these seniors?
    Going out with a plus-.500 season, or being the first to rebuild the foundation of a historic program. I think these girls have already chosen history over pride stats. When do we join them?
    Nothing needs to be said after that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread