+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1-2 ...OMG we're LOSERS!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 1-2 ...OMG we're LOSERS!

Total BS!

A lot needs to be said.

IF it is true Boy Wonder (BW) is TRYING to teach this group to play real team basketball, we should see the team TRYING to execute a real offense. And, if it is true this bunch is too set in their ways, which I will dispute, then we would see them trying, but not doing particularly well running a real offense. BW is not the first coach to step into a situation and try to make wholesale changes to a system.

At NSU I never saw, NOT ONCE! Tech even try to execute any semblance of a real offense. Again, it would be one thing to see the team trying to run set plays, and not doing well, especially early in the season. Hell! I could live with that. Quite another to only see school yard play.

Why didn't he call a timeout early in the game, say after a few minutes, and instruct them to run a play? And then, if the starters and the top 8-9 either can't or refuse, bench their butts. Find 5 players who WILL do what you're asking them to do and, if no one else seems to want to, allow those to play all 40 mins. That's what I would do.

Bet the starters would either quit the team, or suddenly start doing what you want them to. Either result is fine.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Total BS!

A lot needs to be said.

IF it is true Boy Wonder (BW) is TRYING to teach this group to play real team basketball, we should see the team TRYING to execute a real offense. And, if it is true this bunch is too set in their ways, which I will dispute, then we would see them trying, but not doing particularly well running a real offense. BW is not the first coach to step into a situation and try to make wholesale changes to a system.

At NSU I never saw, NOT ONCE! Tech even try to execute any semblance of a real offense. Again, it would be one thing to see the team trying to run set plays, and not doing well, especially early in the season. Hell! I could live with that. Quite another to only see school yard play.

Why didn't he call a timeout early in the game, say after a few minutes, and instruct them to run a play? And then, if the starters and the top 8-9 either can't or refuse, bench their butts. Find 5 players who WILL do what you're asking them to do and, if no one else seems to want to, allow those to play all 40 mins. That's what I would do.

Bet the starters would either quit the team, or suddenly start doing what you want them to. Either result is fine.

Dawg80, I think everyone gets your point. I do, at least. It might be a little better if you didn't call him "Boy Wonder", though. That seems to indicate you have a bias about him that is already built in and not likely to change. I know that you will change your mind, when you see the Lady Techsters execute like they should be doing, though.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Total BS!

A lot needs to be said.

BW as you call him is the coach and nothing to do but live with it cause he is going to do as he sees fit and that is fact!!!
    I am not disagreeing with you that it wasn't a good game but nothing to be done but move forward.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Phil: that's your position, he's the coach and even if he sucks, too bad, he's the coach, really?

Champ: as I always do I give any new coach a "blank slate" and allow them to show me what they got. I sat in stunned silence at NSU not believing what I was seeing. I am still shaking my head.

I will see the Techsters play again, planning to see them multiple times. I hope I see real basketball....if I do, I will dash to this forum and post it.

And, you don't like my nickname for the coach? Ya know...it could be considered a compliment. He takes the Techsters into the Elite 8 as a young coach....I could see the media buzz now. "Boy Wonder leads La Tech back to Elite Status."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Phil: that's your position, he's the coach and even if he sucks, too bad, he's the coach, really?

Champ: as I always do I give any new coach a "blank slate" and allow them to show me what they got. I sat in stunned silence at NSU not believing what I was seeing. I am still shaking my head.

I will see the Techsters play again, planning to see them multiple times. I hope I see real basketball....if I do, I will dash to this forum and post it.

And, you don't like my nickname for the coach? Ya know...it could be considered a compliment. He takes the Techsters into the Elite 8 as a young coach....I could see the media buzz now. "Boy Wonder leads La Tech back to Elite Status."
    Way to put a positive spin on it. I will be waiting in a few years for that post. Should I save this one?

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

IMO the game against Alabama A&M on Saturday is going to be an important one. It should be one that the Techsters are able to win easily. If they struggle, it could make for a very long season. Winning by a double digit margin won't mean we are on the way to a championship, but losing or barely winning would not be a good sign.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Arkansas won 78-30
    That speaks volumes about where the Techsters program is at right now!
    Like it or not! I for one have not been impressed
    by the new coaching staff ability to coach, re-cruting he gets a A+

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Well, we all wrung that out pretty good. Here's an interesting postscript for what it's worth:

On the Lady Vols forums they're calling for Holly Warlick's job. Seems the #4 ranked Orange girls lost to in-state wannabe Chattanooga. Actually, to rub salt in that wound, Chattanooga's full name is University of Tennessee at Chattanooga--mighty Lady Vols whipped by a little sister school!

The reason(s) given? No half-court offense. Bad shooting. Team played clueless. OUT COACHED!

Several posters were calling for the AD to call Tyler to come save the program. I had to break it to them that he's suffering from the same November as Holly.

On to Rocket City...!

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Well, we all wrung that out pretty good. Here's an interesting postscript for what it's worth:

On the Lady Vols forums they're calling for Holly Warlick's job. Seems the #4 ranked Orange girls lost to in-state wannabe Chattanooga. Actually, to rub salt in that wound, Chattanooga's full name is University of Tennessee at Chattanooga--mighty Lady Vols whipped by a little sister school!

The reason(s) given? No half-court offense. Bad shooting. Team played clueless. OUT COACHED!

Several posters were calling for the AD to call Tyler to come save the program. I had to break it to them that he's suffering from the same November as Holly.

On to Rocket City...!

Even though Holly is VERY qualified for the job at Tennessee, it is SO difficult to follow a legend. We know that first hand....... I am sure she will get the Lady Vols back on track, though. Once you have been at the top and stay there for a while, it is tough to even experience the sight of the valley and the fans are not patient. If only Geno would leave UConn, so we could watch a real fall......... :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    If only Geno would leave UConn, so we could watch a real fall......... :icon_wink:
    What? You don't think girls would still flock to play a winter sport in the Tropic of Connecticut?

Picture UConn 4 years after Geno leaving. They'd be secretly giving recruits the studio tour of ESPN Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    What? You don't think girls would still flock to play a winter sport in the Tropic of Connecticut?

Picture UConn 4 years after Geno leaving. They'd be secretly giving recruits the studio tour of ESPN Classic!
    So true........

Geno has an assistant coach who has been with him a long time, and whom he credits for their success. So, Geno will retire and she will be offered the HC position. Only, she'll wait until it's too late to do a proper search and they're in the middle of recruiting, and she'll leave, blaming UCONN's president.

Nah! that only happens at Tech.

Geno has an assistant coach who has been with him a long time, and whom he credits for their success. So, Geno will retire and she will be offered the HC position. Only, she'll wait until it's too late to do a proper search and they're in the middle of recruiting, and she'll leave, blaming UCONN's president.

Nah! that only happens at Tech.
    Geno's Assistant is just there to pull him away from the court.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Remember the Spirit of 88 in football...what was our record that year? 4-7.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

If he was an awful coach he would not be the head coach at Louisiana Tech!!!!! so REALLY!!!!!!
    His program, his way Enough said

+ Reply to Thread