+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Building Fan Support

Varsity Bulldog ElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Building Fan Support

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I agree with your point to an extent, but we've shown that Texas Tech will draw a big crowd in Ruston. That's the last big name OOC opponent I remember we've played in the TAC, and that was almost 10 years ago. I'd love to play a team like UMass at home. If Tech wants me to take out at least 5 hours of my day to make the drive to Ruston for an OOC basketball game, they've gotta schedule a legitimate school. I'm not making the drive to watch us play Southland, SWAC, and DII schools. Schedule real schools in the SEC, Big 12, Pac-12, Big Ten, ACC, Big East, A-10, American Athletic, Mountain West, WCC, Missouri Valley, MAC, Ivy, New Mexico State, or some other "name" team in a lower conference, and I will be there. If not, I'll just be there for as many C-USA games as possible.
    I think part of the issue is people not taking time out of their day to drive to see a game at the TAC. I take five hours out my schedule everytime they play because I cheer for the bulldogs primarily instead of against the opponent. A nicer showing in the TAC would go a long way.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    You stand and cheer in our student section at basketball games? If so, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the same old people who have been sitting in the student section for years. I love 'em, but they've got to move if Tech ever wants to have a real student section.
    A real student section will develop for hoops, when students do as they (we!) do in football. 30 mins before kickoff there are always lots of folks who sit in our sections. But, to a person, they leave after they realize we aint sitting down no matter how much they complain. Do that in the TAC and those folks who wish to see the game, but sit, will go find other seats.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMgxtO5cbtg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Think good thoughts.
    SWEET!! Ya gotta love it!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoDawgFan View Post
    I think part of the issue is people not taking time out of their day to drive to see a game at the TAC. I take five hours out my schedule everytime they play because I cheer for the bulldogs primarily instead of against the opponent. A nicer showing in the TAC would go a long way.
    EXCELLENT POST! Worth every second of the trip to see this team.

+ Reply to Thread