+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Where does the Rice game rank in terms of most important home game in LaTech history?

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Where does the Rice game rank in terms of most important home game in LaTech hist

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    MAYBE Rice will bring some folks .. oh well, we will have at least 2 car loads coming from our place..
    That's about as many as Rice will bring.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Where does the Rice game rank in terms of most important home game in LaTech hist

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    That's about as many as Rice will bring.
    Who will bring more fans in FROM Houston - Tech or Rice? I'd say Tech!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Yep - I would guess less than 125 Rice fans
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog 1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough

I understand the question but the reality is where does it rank for the players? as they are the ones that hold the majority of the cards when it comes to getting a result Saturday (we help by being there and supportive but execution is what will sew up this game one way or another).

So - I would think that for the Snrs it should be the most important game of their playing career so far - it may be the last for some (if reports on grades are to be believed) - it will be their last in JAS and that should mean something. For the others there will be next year - but they are so close to a Conference Championship game and all but the true FR (and transfers) had to live through the debacle of last year you have to believe that they also want it really badly. So what happened at ODU? I don't know - everything we didn't want to happen - same as the NWSt game. I have no time machine, I cannot change the past - they can make a reality of the future.

From a fan - it is the most important game we have - until the next one...as a player it may also be the most important one as it may be the last one or a doorway to a Championship ring / bowl celebration. I think it should mean more to them than us fans and I hope they prove that theory right on the 29th

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

Tis game with Rice ranks number one to me right now! Not many time to have a chance for
    a 3 game win and win two Championships and a Bowl Game! Last 2 yrs we at Tech were very
    sick and even this yr at start of season looked very Hopeful at best!

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1962DAWG View Post
    I understand the question but the reality is where does it rank for the players? as they are the ones that hold the majority of the cards when it comes to getting a result Saturday (we help by being there and supportive but execution is what will sew up this game one way or another).

So - I would think that for the Snrs it should be the most important game of their playing career so far - it may be the last for some (if reports on grades are to be believed) - it will be their last in JAS and that should mean something. For the others there will be next year - but they are so close to a Conference Championship game and all but the true FR (and transfers) had to live through the debacle of last year you have to believe that they also want it really badly. So what happened at ODU? I don't know - everything we didn't want to happen - same as the NWSt game. I have no time machine, I cannot change the past - they can make a reality of the future.

From a fan - it is the most important game we have - until the next one...as a player it may also be the most important one as it may be the last one or a doorway to a Championship ring / bowl celebration. I think it should mean more to them than us fans and I hope they prove that theory right on the 29th

Excellent post!

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Who will bring more fans in FROM Houston - Tech or Rice? I'd say Tech!

I can say from experience that our fans outnumber their fans at games in Houston.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Go Dawgs....JFW!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread