+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Question?

Puppy BreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the rough BreadDawg's Avatar

Bowl Question?

Long time reader, first time poster...So I am figuring we beat Rice and lose to Marshall. Would you guys agree a victory Sat. keeps us out of Mac-tion for our bowl game? Seems to me we would be in Dallas, N Mex, or at worst Hawaii. TMac said today on Fletcher show here in Shreveport that the Indy Bowl was unlikely at this time. What do y'all think?

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Bowl Question?

I agree Indy not in cards with record SEC teams being eligible after Saturday with probably Tennessee being added to list.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Ohio did not help our situation if we lose Saturday.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the board, BreadDawg. I just hope the UTEP/ULL/UNT version of the BULLDOGS show up on Saturday.

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Welcome to the board, BreadDawg. I just hope the UTEP/ULL/UNT version of the BULLDOGS show up on Saturday.
    ...And for two more games after that.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to Hawaii or Bahamas. Marshall isn't going access no matter what so they will take HOD. The only other bowl that we have a chance armed service in ft worth.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Only Sports Illustrated and CBS sports picking Tech for New Mexico bowl. other 11 pretty much on UTEP or Utah ...; I hope its Dallas like rest of you ....best for fan base ( duh)

Puppy BreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the roughBreadDawg is a jewel in the rough BreadDawg's Avatar

Seems to me if we beat Rice and no matter if Marshall goes access, wouldn't we be the 2nd team CUSA puts in a bowl? Also, I think the administration would rather not play a MAC team on the east coast or Bahamas. I don't know...I guess JUST WIN and you can't control anything other than that.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    We are going to Hawaii or Bahamas. Marshall isn't going access no matter what so they will take HOD. The only other bowl that we have a chance armed service in ft worth.
    I get the feeling that CUSA will shop Marshall around to an open bowl with a P5 opponant, thus freeing everything else up. Just a hunch.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I get the feeling that CUSA will shop Marshall around to an open bowl with a P5 opponant, thus freeing everything else up. Just a hunch.
    on plus side, Marshall will attractive because of undefeated regular season and their dramatic history. on the negative side, thrier strength of schedule (140) and loss i CUSA title game to La Tech will make it less attractive. Many of us remember when an overrated, undefeated Hawaii team got to play GA in bowl and were embarrassed ...

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    on plus side, Marshall will attractive because of undefeated regular season and their dramatic history. on the negative side, thrier strength of schedule (140) and loss i CUSA title game to La Tech will make it less attractive. Many of us remember when an overrated, undefeated Hawaii team got to play GA in bowl and were embarrassed ...
    If tech beats Marshall tech gets to pick it's bowl. Marshall won't be embarrassed playing a non SEC p5.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    I agree Indy not in cards with record SEC teams being eligible after Saturday with probably Tennessee being added to list.
    It appears the SEC will have no trouble filling every bowl slot it has and then some. I didn't do a super in-depth analysis, but I think it's possible the ACC might not be able to fill all its slots. The Indy Bowl is supposed to be ACC vs. SEC, so I guess we'll see.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Somebody had a Miami vs Florida projection for i-bowl

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    It appears the SEC will have no trouble filling every bowl slot it has and then some. I didn't do a super in-depth analysis, but I think it's possible the ACC might not be able to fill all its slots. The Indy Bowl is supposed to be ACC vs. SEC, so I guess we'll see.

ACC has enough teams to fill Indy. Looks like the SEC will be able to fill also with Tenn beating Vandy. That's assuming 2 SEC teams in the playoff & 1 to the other access bowls. This seems pretty likely given the rankings.

Boise has overtaken Marshall in the hunt for the G5 Access Bowl spot. We need to win out to select our bowl game (HOD) or beat Rice & hope CUSA can farm us Ft. Worth) or Marshall to another bowl. If we lose to Rice or cannot be farmed...hello Hawai'i or Bahama Bowl.

At the end of the day, this team has still exceeded my preseason expectations based on what we all witnessed last year. And more practice for this team is a good thing regardless of where we go.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

UTEP is going to New Mexico. MTSU is going to Bahamas. If Indy/armed forces isn't in play we fight Rice for HOD. Loser goes to Hawaii. UAB goes Boca, WKU stays home. If Marshall doesn't get access I think they take hod. On Indy. I think they can be in play. SEC has 11 eligible with 2 in the playoff. 1 probably gets in the cotton. Even if Tennessee gets eligible that leaves 9 and Indy has 10th pick. Kentucky has to get eligible.

+ Reply to Thread