+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: UAB Coach Says Program May Be Shut Down

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UAB Coach Says Program May Be Shut Down

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post

However, what was most startling to me during the interview was when he said that he, nor ANY of the other football players, had never met or even seen the prez before he came to the locker room to announce the death of UAB's football program. He said that some of the players didn't even know if the prez was male or female prior to the announcement! To me, that'd be the final nail in the coffin for his tenure. It's completely inexcusable. I see Dr. Guice out there giving hugs and handshakes to our guys as they walk down Tailgate Alley before every home game. He knows them by name. That alone is a reminder of how blessed we are to have the type of atmosphere that we do at Louisiana Tech.
    amen!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

UAB players didn't know if the prez was male or female? That is a reflection on them. How could ANY student not know who the prez is? I find that hard to believe. But, if true, those players deserve what they are getting. Certainly no "student"-athlete thingy there.

I do agree it is shameful for the prez to not have been involved in, not only football, but all activities on campus.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I would agree that the players should at least know if the president is male or female, but it's obvious that he has shown a lack of leadership at his university and interest in athletics. It's shameful that senior football players had never met or even seen him in the 4 or 5 years they were there, though.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Its a shame, he too should be fired

+ Reply to Thread