+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The tech

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: The Tech

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The Dogs?
    Yep. Don't think there is Spanish word for Dawgs.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

My wife laughed out loud when she saw it. It is one of the worst ads I've ever seen...looks like it was done with a cell phone!

It is almost as bad as the "We Are Louisiana Tech" cheer...originality seems to take its holidays a long way from Lincoln Parish!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Its been awhile since I've seen the commercial. Do you hate the overall commerical or just the ending?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Its been awhile since I've seen the commercial. Do you hate the overall commerical or just the ending?
    From start to finish, the entire commercial is an embarrassment. It screams, "Come to THE TECH where we are bush league, but we are still better than ULM!"

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    but we are still better than ULM!"
    I said the exact same thing this weekend. It's a shame that we use such a low measuring stick.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I said the exact same thing this weekend. It's a shame that we use such a low measuring stick.
    Most other university commercials talk about how they are worldwide or national leaders... THE TECH commercial that we use for national telecasts says that we are the premier research university in North Louisiana... How impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Yep. Don't think there is Spanish word for Dawgs.
    Los Perraws

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Well, I found something positive about the commercial. It did not contain a picture of Dan Reneau anywhere in it. During his tenure they all always had his picture included. Nosiree, old Dan never missed an opportunity to promote himself.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Los Perraws
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

The whole thing is terrible, but the beginning really bugs me. I guess I tune out after that or the rest would as well. I can't stand the girl's voice and her tone and delivery sound like the beauty contestants when they introduce themselves in a pageant. Is she Miss Tech by any chance?

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Easy fix if our "so called marketing folks & sign-off folks" would bring their vision of producing a high quality commercial over to Shreveport. Between our TV stations, production studios & folks like Brando...we can make something much better happen. Just have to be willing to pay for it. Quit putting cheap garbage out there. This is the "window dressing for the university." Just look at how much bank LSU & NSU spend on marketing here.

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    The whole thing is terrible, but the beginning really bugs me. I guess I tune out after that or the rest would as well. I can't stand the girl's voice and her tone and delivery sound like the beauty contestants when they introduce themselves in a pageant. Is she Miss Tech by any chance?
    She wasn't Miss Tech but she was a student recruiter a few years ago. She dated a friend of mine a while back. She would have been much better if she had been coached on it correctly.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Most other university commercials talk about how they are worldwide or national leaders... THE TECH commercial that we use for national telecasts says that we are the premier research university in North Louisiana... How impressive...
    Yeah.. This has bugged me for a while. This phrase was in some of the other bush league commercials even before "THE TECH". We do have some pretty good credentials in this area. For instance we rank as one the top 39 Research Universities in the Carnegie-Mellon ranking of the country's best. Not sure if lspoo is even on that list. Putting the "North Louisiana" tag on ourselves is basically like saying "there ain't nobody else so we must be No. 1". Why not use the nationwide Carnegie-Mellon rating which actually carries some prestige? Why not tout our high ranking in the micro and nano engineering world??

This ultra provincial mindset has plagued Tech public relations, and even sports reporting, all the way back into my days. And continues! Up here in Pittsburgh, the Tech scores from home night games is rarely in the morning papers. But Grambling, NLU, USL, are always there. Hell, even some of the mountain and west coast games are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60 View Post
    Yeah.. This has bugged me for a while. This phrase was in some of the other bush league commercials even before "THE TECH". We do have some pretty good credentials in this area. For instance we rank as one the top 39 Research Universities in the Carnegie-Mellon ranking of the country's best. Not sure if lspoo is even on that list. Putting the "North Louisiana" tag on ourselves is basically like saying "there ain't nobody else so we must be No. 1". Why not use the nationwide Carnegie-Mellon rating which actually carries some prestige? Why not tout our high ranking in the micro and nano engineering world??

This ultra provincial mindset has plagued Tech public relations, and even sports reporting, all the way back into my days. And continues! Up here in Pittsburgh, the Tech scores from home night games is rarely in the morning papers. But Grambling, NLU, USL, are always there. Hell, even some of the mountain and west coast games are there.
    Yep...just lame
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60 View Post

Why our admin chooses to regionalize us to north or north central Louisiana is beyond my comprehension.

We are designated as a NATIONAL university by the Carnegie Foundation and as a STATEWIDE university by the Louisiana Board of Regents. We are in no way a regional institution.

But when you see our commercial we are the "premier research university in North Louisiana." Duh, we are the only research university in North Louisiana. Why not say we are a Tier 1 National University like Tulsa did?

Our twitter account uses this description for the university: "Founded in 1894, Louisiana Tech University is a research university located in north central Louisiana."

Our facebook description is better: "Founded in 1894, Louisiana Tech University is a Tier 1 national research university located in north central Louisiana"

Why remove "Tier 1 national" from our twitter description while keeping "north central Louisiana?" You don't have to tell anybody that Louisiana Tech is located in Louisiana, and there is no need to regionalize our school.

ULL is fighting tooth and nail to rid their identity from all regional and municipal tags while Tech insists on regionalizing the school. I don't get it.

+ Reply to Thread