+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kicking problems

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Kicking problems

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Turned the Pats game on just in time to see Ryan Allen boom a 60-yarder down to the SD 13, and on the next drive he put one down inside the 10 from around midfield. SD's punter is out, so their place kicker is filling in. Has punts of 27 and 33 yards so far... I don't think I fully understood how important a punter is until I watched Ryan play at Tech.
    Unfortunately, our defense was so bad in 2012 that he could have dropped it on the 1 yard line on every kick and the opponent would have gone 99 yards and scored every time.

Varsity Bulldog 1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Unfortunately, our defense was so bad in 2012 that he could have dropped it on the 1 yard line on every kick and the opponent would have gone 99 yards and scored every time.
    It was that bad in 2012 and sometimes they did. You must be also thinking 2013 - when we had same miserable D but no Air Raid to counter it with

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by JNJ33 View Post
    Matt Nelson Kicking Academy

College Football Dad

I am sure Matt will help anyway he can if the coaching staff asks!
    I'm pretty sure Matt has been working with them for quite some time now.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I think JNJ would know better than you.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree. People like the guy you responded to with the post above often don't understand just how important a STRONG kicking/punting game is to a team's overall success.

I know people on the board sometimes know some of these kids personally and don't like to hear this type of thing, but our current kickers and punters need to be sent packing. They have no business returning next year. As far as I can tell, none of them are D1 material. That doesn't mean they are bad kids. They are probably GREAT kids, and great students. Just not D1 talented college kickers.
    +1000

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Don't know if this would help the kicking game...but.... So far, this year, Hunter Lee has played the positions of inside receiver, wide receiver, and running back. This week, at practice, let him kick a few punts and field goals and see what he can do. He is willing to play any position to help the team win!!! Hell, let him throw a few passes too!! Sokol could hand the ball off to Lee...Lee runs right and then throws a long pass to Henderson! Be creative!!!! See what works.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Don't know if this would help the kicking game...but.... So far, this year, Hunter Lee has played the positions of inside receiver, wide receiver, and running back. This week, at practice, let him kick a few punts and field goals and see what he can do. He is willing to play any position to help the team win!!! Hell, let him throw a few passes too!! Sokol could hand the ball off to Lee...Lee runs right and then throws a long pass to Henderson! Be creative!!!! See what works.
    Instead of throwing to Henderson, Hunter could throw it to himself, and then, when confronted with a tackler downfield, he could lateral to himself.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Instead of throwing to Henderson, Hunter could throw it to himself, and then, when confronted with a tackler downfield, he could lateral to himself.
    Or just stare at the defender until he curls up in a ball and sobs like a baby.

Or stare at the defender until he spontaneously combusts.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you all noticed Kyle Fischer was an honorable mention all conference. Don't know what he did but he laughed when I told him.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    I hope you all noticed Kyle Fischer was an honorable mention all conference. Don't know what he did but he laughed when I told him.
    Not intended to demean Fischer, but that's fascinating. To my knowledge, Fischer never even won the starting job as LA Tech's kicker. Part time, yes. Full time, no.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Fischer ended the year very strong last year. So strong that I thought he had found himself and never gave one second thought that Barnes would even have a real shot to win the job. Fischer was on the preseason Groza watch list and I thought he was on his way to a great career, maybe this seasons all around horrible special teams play and the back and forth were just too much for any kicker to handle.

+ Reply to Thread