+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we have a shot at the AAC if the Big 12 expands?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Do we have a shot at the AAC if the Big 12 expands?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Champ:

You guys in Texas, like HD and others, are always posting that Tech has a better reputation there, and in other states. But, for those of us in the ole home state, we get an earful of bashing about how we are no better than Nicholls, and others....

I know Tech has surged ahead in so MANY areas, and there is separation. But, I also know it isn't a huge gap and the state legislature (ala UAB) could pull some political shenanigans.

Anyway, we just have to keep on, keeping on!
    We have done a poor job in Louisiana and need to keep the separation growing in the minds of the people there. I know they find it hard to grasp. I travel a LOT (mostly in Texas, but all over). I rarely find that someone has never heard of Louisiana Tech. Our name is known. If I say Tech in Texas, they no longer assume Texas Tech like they did in the 90's. They now ask Texas or Louisiana? There are a few "Texas, Louisiana, or Virginia?" And (to further Wade_Antley's post), I can go anywhere and ask what two universities are there in Louisiana and get Tech and the school in BR, with a Tulane thrown in sometimes. Funny thing about Tulane, most forget it is in Louisiana. They have name recognition, but no state identity.

We down ourselves in-state more than any school I know. Time to step up and get past the perception that we are on the level with any other Louisiana school. As for as name recognition goes, it is lsu and us. I will admit that fewer people have heard of Ruston. They know Tech is in Louisiana, but aren't sure where. Probably similar to Southern Miss problem. Oh, and Southern Miss has a name, as well.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Champ:

You guys in Texas, like HD and others, are always posting that Tech has a better reputation there, and in other states.
    So, our Dallas dogs show have no problem putting 30,000 in the Cotton Bowl on Friday.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    So, our Dallas dogs show have no problem putting 30,000 in the Cotton Bowl on Friday.
    With a little help from folks from other places....like Memphis, perhaps.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Recognizable name doesn't necessarily equate to casual fans in the seats. We will get a great tv rating, though. Also, I expect to see 25,000 plus there.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Ask any sports fan in Canada how many NCAA schools they can name in Louisiana and most will say two. Tech and the school in BR.
    Thank you Kerry Rupp??

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Thank you Kerry Rupp??
    twdws

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Ask any sports fan in Canada how many NCAA schools they can name in Louisiana and most will say two. Tech and the school in BR.
    In all honesty that's the same here in Texas.

Puppy no1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time no1cajunfan's Avatar

...yeah keep telling yourself that....we got Richard Simmons and y'all got terry Bradshaw. We'll never mind that part...

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    ...yeah keep telling yourself that....
    Y'all forget to send Coach Mack Brown the memo.

Puppy no1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time no1cajunfan's Avatar

You guys crack me up...you have about as much of a chance going to AAC as your local high school does. Your facilities are poor at best. Your in Ruston(need I say more). You have very little athletic success and you still have tarps over your seats in that hole you call a stadium...and you LOST to an FCS school. Your a little school in the UL system and we are the biggest school so shut your mouth and speak only when spoken to...lol I love poking at you ladies....

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

...yeah keep telling yourself that....we got Richard Simmons and y'all got terry Bradshaw. We'll never mind that part...
    Nicol, do you really still use AOL???

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Says the guy who's team loses to ULM and McNeese St practically every time they play them.

An engineer buddy of mine asked where the ULL located that was playing in the N.O. Bowl this year. He then goes on to ask, "There are 3 ULX's in Louisiana right?". I was confused so I asked him where he thought the three were located. He started that he wasn't sure but that
    one of them was in Lake Charles! I almost spit my coffee out. I guess I shouldn't have corrected him. Or did I?

But everyone over here in Texas knows about Louisiana Tech and the school in Red Stick as well as Tulane about 50% of the time.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

You guys crack me up...you have about as much of a chance going to AAC as your local high school does. Your facilities are poor at best. Your in Ruston(need I say more). You have very little athletic success and you still have tarps over your seats in that hole you call a stadium...and you LOST to an FCS school. Your a little school in the UL system and we are the biggest school so shut your mouth and speak only when spoken to...lol I love poking at you ladies...
    And back in 2010 you were saying this about Tech and CUSA. Yet, if there had been one opening in CUSA in 2012, it was going to Tech. Two openings and it was Tech and FIU. And how many reputable national publications even mentioned the Cajuns as a possible CUSA candidate at that time. The answer is zero.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I can't wait to see the meltdown that'll take place over on raginpagin when CUSA replaces UAB with someone other than UL-L.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

This little troll does not deserve to be answered. He probably really does prefer Richard Simmons.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread