+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Softball. @LATechSB 2014-15 News

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Softball. @LATechSB 2014-15 News

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech softball will hold walk-on tryouts on Sept. 4 at 3 p.m. at the Lady Techster Softball Complex.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Softball HC Montgomery & AsstC Doria @ Lions Club - Homer. Wow!

Just got back from the Homer Lions Club where Head Coach Mark Montgomery and one of his assistant coaches, Emerald Doris gave a presentation and talk. Came away very impressed with them. The presentation media info was professional and Coach Montgomery speaks with great clarity and conciseness while being very interesting and engaging.

His talk was based on a presentation he made to the LHSAA about team building and what they are doing at Louisiana Tech. He discussed the team's recruiting efforts and how they're doing things too. Like everything else, dealing with high school prospects is a changing and evolving process. I think he's very engaged and knows where he's going to take the program.

Made a believer out of me on what's going on with Women's Softball. Mrs. TD and I are going to have to add Women's Softball to our schedule of things we do at Tech. Things could really heat up this year.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Softball HC Montgomery & AsstC Doria @ Lions Club - Homer. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Just got back from the Homer Lions Club where Head Coach Mark Montgomery and one of his assistant coaches, Emerald Doris gave a presentation and talk. Came away very impressed with them. The presentation media info was professional and Coach Montgomery speaks with great clarity and conciseness while being very interesting and engaging.

His talk was based on a presentation he made to the LHSAA about team building and what they are doing at Louisiana Tech. He discussed the team's recruiting efforts and how they're doing things too. Like everything else, dealing with high school prospects is a changing and evolving process. I think he's very engaged and knows where he's going to take the program.

Made a believer out of me on what's going on with Women's Softball. Mrs. TD and I are going to have to add Women's Softball to our schedule of things we do at Tech. Things could really heat up this year.
    I agree. Very good presentation by Coach MM.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

I work with Coach MM a great deal helping with special projects--I can't give much money but I can paint a dugout and pull weeds. I couldn't be happier with the direction of this program. Last year was a challenge since we played 10 or so Top 25 teams but he's bringing in quality players--ladies that represent Tech well on and off the field. His contacts are allowing nationwide recruiting as well as bringing in Louisiana girls. We've got four North LA girls coming in this fall, the most LA signees I remember in the past 15 years. Also recruits from Pennsylvania and Utah.

Improvements to the facilities are ongoing. For me, watching his practices is an awesome experience. It's not just rote repetition but actually teaching the game, instilling an understanding of why he wants them to perform in a certain way. He goes out of his way to develop connections with the community. The Twitter and Facebook efforts are keeping fans engaged like never before. We're on the right track but like everything else, money is what's going to get us back to the days when we routinely went to the NCAAs with three softball world series appearances. I do believe we can see those days again if we keep our quality coaches, continue facility improvement, and invest in recruiting.

Games during fall camp are scheduled every weekend in October:
    Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result
    10/03/14 vs. Bossier Parish CC Ruston, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
    10/04/14 vs. Intrasquad Scrimmage Ruston, La. 10:00 a.m. CT
    LA Tech Fall Tournament 1
    10/11/14 vs. Northwestern State Ruston, La. 11:00 a.m. CT
    vs. LSU-A vs. Northwestern State Ruston, La. 1:15 p.m. CT
    vs. LSU-A Ruston, La. 3:30 p.m. CT
    10/18/14 vs. Louisiana-Monroe Ruston, La. 10:00 a.m. CT
    10/24/14 at Louisiana-Monroe Monroe, La. 5:00 p.m. CT
    at Louisiana-Monroe Monroe, La. 7:00 p.m. CT
    LA Tech Fall Tournament 2
    10/25/14 vs. Tyler JC Ruston, La. 11:00 a.m. CT
    vs. LSU-E vs. Tyler JC Ruston, La. 1:15 p.m. CT
    vs. LSU-E Ruston, La. 3:30 p.m. CT

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Softball. @LATechSB 2014-15 News

Louisiana Tech coach Mark Montgomery announced that the Lady Techster Softball Winter Clinic will be Dec. 13 at the Lady Techster Softball Complex.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Went to Lady Techster Softball scrimmage this morning with about 40 others. In years past, often had trouble getting 40 to a real game much less a scrimmage. The team looks very good considering it's early in fall practice. LIGHT YEARS ahead of this point last year especially defensively. Very talented bunch. This year's incoming freshmen will see considerable playing time I think. Several battles for positions likely, which is a testament to the depth we will have.

Softball. LA Tech Softball Releases Spring Schedule

Louisiana Tech softball fans will have plenty of opportunities to watch their team in 2015 as the Lady Techsters schedule features 31 home games, including two tournaments and a weekend round robin.

More...

Discuss it here.

Softball. Eight LA Tech Softball Players Earn NFCA All-America Scholar Athlete Award

Louisiana Tech softball earned national recognition late last week when eight Lady Techsters were named National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) All-America Scholar Athletes.

More...

Discuss it here.

Softball. LA Tech Softball Blanks BPCC 18-0 in Fall Exhibition Play

Louisiana Tech banged out 20 hits and four Lady Techster pitchers combined for the shutout in an 18-0 10-inning win over Bossier Parish Community College on Friday night in fall action.

More...

Discuss it here.

Softball. @LATechSB Moves Saturday games to Friday

Due to the weekend weather forecast calling for thunderstorms, Louisiana Tech softball has rescheduled its games against LSU-Alexandria and Northwestern State.

More...

Discuss it here.

Softball. @LATechSB Postpones Friday Games

Due to the increased chance of rain as the afternoon and evening progress, Louisiana Tech and LSU-A have opted to postpone today's doubleheader.

More...

Discuss it here.

Softball. @LATechSB Hosts ULM Friday at 7 p.m.

Louisiana Tech softball will host ULM Friday night at 7 p.m. at the Lady Techster Softball Complex as Mark Montgomery and Co. play only their second game of the fall season.

More...

Discuss it here.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Softball. @LATechSB Hosts ULM Friday at 7 p.m.

Does Mr. "standing room only" know about this game?

The Lady Techsters defeat ULM 13-2. In two fall games, the Techsters have outscored opponents 31-2.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    The Lady Techsters defeat ULM 13-2. In two fall games, the Techsters have outscored opponents 31-2.
    I'm only guessing, but I guess LaLaff would beat them 9 our of 11 times.

+ Reply to Thread