+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Fall on the Road to Ragin' Cajuns

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: 12/10 @ ULL game

Plain and simple this is another bad loss. Should have beat this team and Temple. We aren't as good as a lot of us thought we would be...BUT. We still have a very real shot to win CUSA. I think any chance of an at large will be out the window unless we beat BOTH Syracuse and NC State.SO win the conference haha.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    My opinion, he's young, skinny and learning college ball at its faster pace. He's being coached and getting playing experience. He's only 205 lbs but will naturally put on muscle weight and I'm sure they're working with him on strengthening. He moves well and he has good awareness of the court.

He's also a little on the quiet understated side but I won't say timid. But so was Kareem Abdul Jabar. He just needs to learn big man college ball and physically grow up some.
    Take it a step further, he can't learn to play against talented big men if he doesn't have playing time. ULL has big fast, athletic, talented big men and Joniah got significant playing time. Hopefully he, and the rest of the freshmen, will learn a lot before conference play starts. I don't like losing to ULL at all, but I want to win the conference and conference tournament more.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

We have no size in the middle. Kyser is a weak side defender, he is great at leaving his man and blocking a shot by another defender's guy. He cannot body up on a big boy and shut him down, he just doesn't have the size. He is a 4, we need a true big boy 5, and those are hard to get at the non-elite programs (at least one that can walk and chew gum at the same time).

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Plain and simple this is another bad loss. Should have beat this team and Temple. We aren't as good as a lot of us thought we would be...BUT. We still have a very real shot to win CUSA. I think any chance of an at large will be out the window unless we beat BOTH Syracuse and NC State.SO win the conference haha.
    Yep. Even beating both Syracuse and NC State may not be enough if we don't run the table in conference play, which is nearly impossible. Those are both bubble teams at best right now. Neither are projected to win 20 regular season games. This is the worst Syracuse team Boeheim has put on the floor in a long, long time. And the committee knows that Temple's two best players missed their first 10 or so games or so even if Temple improves, it doesn't improve our resume.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Another FAIL by Tech. They add to our humiliation by referring to ULL as Louisiana in the boxscore on our official website.
    Sometimes you start typing and your ignorance really flows out. The game was played in Lafayette. It was a ULL home game. They refer to themselves as Louisiana. Our SID's office can't edit the box score when we're the visiting team.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

15 of 25 60% from the FT line, won't get it done, especially on the road. Out-rebounded...again. That never helps....

This team has ONE shot at dancing this year. Get hot in the CUSA Tourney and win the auto-bid. Other than that, forget it. UTEP and ODU will be tough to beat out for the regular season crown. I also like Charlotte as a dark horse contender. But, truthfully, no one is setting the world on fire, so Tech has as good a shot as anyone. That's why it will come down to who's hot in the tourney. The regular season is more about positioning yourself for an NIT bid, or other post season tourney bid.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Sometimes you start typing and your ignorance really flows out. The game was played in Lafayette. It was a ULL home game. They refer to themselves as Louisiana. Our SID's office can't edit the box score when we're the visiting team.
    Wrong. They've edited it in the past.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Football Box Score
    Louisiana Tech
    Scoring Summary (Final)
    Louisiana Tech Football 2014
    Louisiana Tech vs UL-Lafayette (Sep 06, 2014 at Lafayette, La.)
    Louisiana Tech (1-1) vs. UL-Lafayette (1-1)Date: Sep 06, 2014 • Site: Lafayette, La. • Stadium: Cajun Field • Attendance: 25607
    Louisiana-Lafayette
    Louisiana (1-1) vs. Louisiana Tech (1-1)

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

Other than the bad defense, especially in the post, the one thing that sticks out to me is we only had six assists on 31 makes. Speedy usually has that, or more, by himself. We are a better team when we share the ball.

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

Yes. I know we should win a game we score 86 points, but it was still something that caught my eye.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Need to put a clause in our coaches contract regarding losing to an instate school. They should get penalized in the form of reduced pay for losing.
    Sounds like a GREAT idea to me.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Tech is not a direction. Southwestern is. You are Southwestern, always, no matter what you try to call yourselves. Nevertheless, they seem to have our number in MBB.
    If you want to live in the past so be it. The post I responded to called them double directional. Lafayette is directional as is Austin chapel hill Knoxville Reno LA. That's a bunch of other "double directional" schools tech can't beat according to the original posters definition.

I'm out and I'm loving it.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: CSN Chicago (Alternate) HD to Televise Tech-ULL Game on December 10, 2014

After the game was removed from DirecTV's guide, the recording that was set up to record also disappeared. I knew I was beat so I didn't even check to see if the game was being shown, nor did I record anything.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: CSN Chicago (Alternate) HD to Televise Tech-ULL Game on December 10, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by S'PortDawg View Post
    ULL video feed is beyond pathetic. Like already mentioned, the audio is on a 10 second delay. They'll show 3 replays of ULL scoring while Tech is on offense, they've missed at least 5 scoring plays and steals by Tech. The camera man will follow the action only about 50% of the time. He usually will pan to ULL players away from the ball. Is he high or stupid? Of course this is U LaLa, so probably both. On a positive note, rebounding seems to be a little more of a priority from the players, and if Keyser misses a block, McCree has been picking up the defensive slack. If we could finish our lay up opportunities instead of missing, we'd be up by 10.
    The video was so-so for me. I know ULL was running the video, but like you I'd rather see what Tech is doing instead of seeing a ULL basket replay from multiple angles.

I turned off the ULL audio since it wasn't in sync with the video, but found that the Tech All Access audio was a couple of seconds ahead of the video. So I paused the Tech audio for a couple of seconds so that the audio ended up being only a split second off. It was a crazy way to watch a game, but at least I got it to a bearable state. The game itself was painful to watch.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Fall on the Road to Ragin' Cajuns

This week I was working in the New Orleans and Baton Rouge area and WWL referred to them as UL and the ESPN affiliate in BR did the same. A year ago that would have never happened. It appears to be slowly becoming common place for all south of Hodge and the entire G&L community.

+ Reply to Thread