+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: W. Tennis. LA Tech Tennis 2015 Spring News

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Tennis. @LATechTEN Falls to No. 30 Rice

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech played competitive tennis against Conference USA opponent and nationally-ranked Rice, but fell 5-1 on Saturday afternoon at the George R. Brown Tennis Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Tennis. LA Tech to Face North Texas in First Round of C-USA Tournament

The Louisiana Tech tennis team received the No. 11 seed and will face No. 6 seed North Texas on Thursday, April 16 at 3 p.m. in the first round of the Conference USA Women's Tennis Championship, announced today by the league office.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: W. Tennis. LA Tech to Face North Texas in First Round of C-USA Tournament

I don't know if anyone reads this forum and I'm not much of a tennis fan, but isn't 11th seed pretty bad? All those international players don't seem to be doing so well.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

The international players that our budget allows us to recruit are not close to the level of some of our peers. It's not even to the level of what some would consider 1-AA schools. My wife and I are supporters of the tennis team. He has done well with what he has gotten so far.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I don't know if anyone reads this forum and I'm not much of a tennis fan, but isn't 11th seed pretty bad? All those international players don't seem to be doing so well.
    We're not 14!

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I hope they do well.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    The international players that our budget allows us to recruit are not close to the level of some of our peers. It's not even to the level of what some would consider 1-AA schools. My wife and I are supporters of the tennis team. He has done well with what he has gotten so far.
    Yes the coach has. There has been a strong improvement in performance.

DallasDog, I plead ignorance when it comes to tennis. How does our budget allow us to recruit players from all over the world and not some from the US? Is tennis ruled by the NCAA? Is there a limit on scholarships?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Of course tennis is ruled by the NCAA just like all the other sports on campus. The top U.S. Players get gobbled up by schools with big budgets and tennis history. Think about the strangle hold that a handful of programs have had on women's basketball over the years, tennis is the same.

Top that off with a very strong representation in the top 25 from the south. Georgia, Baylor, Florida, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Vandy, Alabama, Texas Tech, TCU, Lsu, Georiga Tech, Ole Miss, Kentucky etc......

That leaves smaller schools G5 and below to fight for international players. There a lot of schools (almost all) that have put more resources or effort into their programs. Then there is Tech, which has really just started to have some serious commitment at least in terms of a solid coach. Now we need to give him resources to continue to build.

The one good thing at least is the women's programs are given 8 scholarships in D1. Men's teams only get 4.5. This is in an effort to balance opportunities. Title IX for another day.......

W. Tennis. @LATechTEN Opens C-USA Tournament Play on Thursday

The Louisiana Tech tennis team is making its whopping fifth trip to the city of Houston this 2014-15 season, but the stakes are the highest this time as they get ready to take on North Texas in the first round of the Conference USA Tournament on Thursday evening.

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Tennis. Season Comes to an End for @LATechTEN with 4-0 Loss

Louisiana Tech had its spring season come to an end on Thursday afternoon in a 4-0 loss to North Texas in the first round of the C-USA Tournament at Chancellors Racquet and Fitness Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Tennis. Starkova, Britos Named All-Conference USA

For a second consecutive season, Louisiana Tech's Alexandra Starkova and Jazmin Britos earned All-Conference USA honors which were chosen by the league head coaches.

More...

Discuss it here.

W. Tennis. Starkova Earns Second Team All-Louisiana Honors

For the third straight season, Louisiana Tech's Alexandra Starkova was named to the All-Louisiana second team as voted on by university sports information directors as part of the Louisiana Sports Writers Association.

More...

Discuss it here.

+ Reply to Thread