+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why fields, in ALL sports, should be cleared....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Why fields, in ALL sports, should be cleared....

....when lightning is near.

He survived it:

http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/di...ring-cup-match

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Re: Why fields, in ALL sports, should be cleared....

WOW, I am glad both of those affected are OK.

FWIW, NOAA recommends taking delay of game action in a football game when the storm is within 8 miles.

I know a woman who knew someone who was killed getting into a car many miles from a thunderstorm. In her case the storm was far enough away for the others in the vicinity to say the sky was clear. Most lightning occurs within a 10 mile radius so to have one even hit when folks perceive a clear sky is rare but it happens.

I read local storm reports quite a bit to support my website (which is a hobby) and lightning reports are unusual. Usually they are reported when they cause damage, injuries or deaths. There was a woman killed riding a horse in Mississippi this past year by lightning.

+ Reply to Thread