+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guard from Mansfield

Puppy bigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the ears

Guard from Mansfield

Does anyone know if we are checking on the guard from Mansfield - Ashlyn Jacobs.
    She had 32 in a win over Natchitoches Central.

She's been a solid player for former lady techster Kendra Neal and plays a lot like her.

I've seen her play for several years now and she doesn't get rattled, sacrfices her body, and puts her team in a position to win every game.

Puppy bigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the earsbigbradford1978 seems to have something between the ears

Re: Guard from Mansfield

For those of you that don't see the Shreveport Times... Jacobs picked up MVP award for the tourney after the Lady Wolverines beat El Dorado for the title.

"Thanks to another big game from Classic MVP Ashlyn Jacobs, Mansfield has more hardware to tote back to DeSoto Parish. Jacobs ran circles around the Wildcats’ defense on her way to a 15-point night. She scored 28 earlier in the day in a win over Minden.

“We had trouble containing No. 24 (Jacobs),” El Dorado coach Stephen Harshaw said. “She gave us trouble scoring or dishing to her teammates...”

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by bigbradford1978 View Post
    ...player for former lady techster Kendra Neal...
    I think there's the most reliable answer.

I'm absolutely confident Tyler began developing relationships (this summer, if not before) with every former Lady Techster coaching anywhere in the country. I'm also confident he's had contact with every secondary coach in Louisiana, telling them the kind of person he will be interested in recruiting.

Miss Jacobs is certainly having an awesome season--she's gotta be on many coaches' radars. Just enjoy the opportunity to watch her now. You never know where her path will lead. It's one of the many joys of sports.

In 1968 I was in Neyland Stadium wearing my "Archie Who?" button while we beat Ole Miss 31-0. Twenty-three years later, I was volunteering some time doing campus ministry on the Tulane and Loyola campuses. I began paying attention to the sophomore quarterback at Isadore Newman H.S. (which shares the same campus area).

Point is, I would remember just as fondly the quality of high school football I got to watch over those next three years, even if that QB hadn't gone on to my Tennessee (or Indy, or Denver, ...or Canton!).

I actually don't get to see her play like I used to... Was working in radio covering sports but have since gone into a more lucrative field.
    Just wanting to make sure that folks are aware of what talent there is in the backyard of Ruston.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by bigbradford1978 View Post
    I actually don't get to see her play like I used to... Was working in radio covering sports but have since gone into a more lucrative field.
    Just wanting to make sure that folks are aware of what talent there is in the backyard of Ruston.
    She is a really good high school player. I have reffed her games a few times. She is 5'2 or 3 but she can score.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    She is a really good high school player. I have reffed her games a few times. She is 5'2 or 3 but she can score.
    Tennessee won NCs in '07 and '08 with a 5'2 point guard named Bobbitt. She came to us after proving herself in the junior college ranks.

How's her assist game? Has Miss Jacobs had many opportunities to go up against college height in the front court? It'll take a little more anticipation to play big at the next level (all puns intended--even the subconscious ones) but that can become an advantage, too.

BTW: bigbradford, you mean there are more lucrative jobs than high school sports radio? Congratulations, man. Must've been a passion there.

And LouisianaSelect: I didn't realize you were a ... sorry, my bad ... I didn't realize you were a ref.
    God bless you for the abuse you take.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Have we signed all we can for 2015? I believe we have 4 so far.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Have we signed all we can for 2015? I believe we have 4 so far.
    Plus the 2 transfers that are with the team now. I think we are full.

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

We signed 5 plus the 2 transfers. I believe we will still have scholarships available but it looks like they are focusing on 2016 now and not looking to sign anyone else for 2015.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

There will be a lot of growing up fast next year for our newcomers. The two transfers and the ones we have coming back (we will be missing 4 of our starters) should help.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

The 2 girls from S Louisiana, the girl from Florida, and Kennedy Rushin. Who am I missing?

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

The 2 girls from S Louisiana, the girl from Florida, and Kennedy Rushin. Who am I missing?
    Kierra Anthony - G - Louisiana
    Jasmine LeBlanc - G - Louisiana
    Reauna Cleaver - P - Kentucky
    Kennedy Rushin - C - Georgia
    Dawn Gipson - F - Florida

Thanks. I thought we signed a girl from Kentucky but couldn't find her.

Thanks. I thought we signed a girl from Kentucky but couldn't find her.
    Yeah, we can't forget about her! Beat out Ole Miss, Oklahoma, and Michigan State for her (not to mention Kentucky and Western Kentucky, but she stated she wanted to play out of state).

+ Reply to Thread