+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 12/23 @ NC State game

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

Re: 12/23 @ NC State game

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post
    A game like this once again shows me that: our 8 deep last year was a significantly better group than this year. And, that crew couldn't even make it to The Tournament. Expectations this year were ill-propotioned.
    Oh yeah, the past two years we had a different guy step up from game to game. This year the leading scorer is going to be Hamilton or Appleby, the majority of the time. No bench production, last year we had 8 guys average 20+ minutes, this year just our starting 5. 2 years ago was even more impressive. No one averaged 30mins and had 10 average 10+.

Everyone had high expectations because we had four starters returning, but that is the only experience we had returning.

Stapleton seems to be the only freshman Coach seems to have confidence in now. Boykins only played 1 minute, and I think that was at the end of the first half when Appleby had a couple of fouls.

With that said, having Appleby and Hamilton gives us a chance come conference tournament time. Having 2 guys that can go off for 30 on a given day always gives you a chance.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Yes. The ones that show up only when the Dawgs are winning or maybe a homecoming every other year.
    And most of those never give a dime to the university except to buy their tickets. Some are actually here on BB&B. Nuff said as this is not the thread.
    Let us all praise TT's amazing fandom!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    If we don't get a spot up shooter, we are going to be in trouble. Not a scorer, but a shooter.
    I think Stapleton can be that guy. He and Boykins both can get hot and make shots. I like Stapleton better though. His height will enable him to get off some tough shots.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I think Stapleton can be that guy. He and Boykins both can get hot and make shots. I like Stapleton better though. His height will enable him to get off some tough shots.
    Stapleton is definitely a scorer, but not sure he is the spot up shooter Select is talking about. I think Boykins could possibly be.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not just a shooter, but a scorer. Don't need any more "takers" we need a "maker."

Varsity Bulldog former_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really niceformer_d1 is just really nice

I finally got to watch the 1st half of the game. We looked really goid and controlled the game.

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

NC State is currently leading #2 Duke by 14 with about 7 minutes to play.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

NC State beat Duke. Good win for them.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Speaking from experience, the PNC (and Hillsborough St later) gets crazy when State beats Duke.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post
    Speaking from experience, the PNC (and Hillsborough St later) gets crazy when State beats Duke.
    Didn't you get your Masters Degree at NCSU, CaseyDawg?

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Didn't you get your Masters Degree at NCSU, CaseyDawg?
    In my 18 months in Raleigh, I witnessed the Wolfpack beat FSU in football and Duke and UNC in basketball.

I still follow NC State closely.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post
    In my 18 months in Raleigh, I witnessed the Wolfpack beat FSU in football and Duke and UNC in basketball.

I still follow NC State closely.
    You didn't actually answer my question, but I seem to recall you attending grad school there. Even now, I spend a lot of time in Raleigh myself. Like many high tech companies, we have a big corporate campus in RTP. Wonderful area. I attended a UNC-Duke game 2 years ago when Austin Rivers hit the game winner at the buzzer for Duke. That was wild! College basketball over there is a real event!!
    Last edited by HogDawg; 01-11-2015 at 07:20 PM.

I have a masters degree from NC State.

I did not fully appreciate the impact of basketball on the state until the ACC post season tournament. A Friday-Sunday event at the time, the entire state practically shut down on Friday to watch the tournament.

+ Reply to Thread