+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois has the whitest band and cheerleaders and flag team

Varsity Bulldog ceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Illinois has the whitest band and cheerleaders and flag team

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    None of the above post go against the ideals you stated here.

We don't need anybody who can't think past what's been stated in this thread.

The thread was started by one of our posters who most of us know has a sense of humor and does not walk on egg shells regarding stupid PC thoughts. Anybody who is offended by this thread is too much of a tight ass. I'm not at all surprised by some of those who ACT like they are offended just to be part of the "cool kids club".
    Well it is easy to misinterpret things on the world wide web sometimes, especially considering I don't know most of the posters here like a lot of y'all do.

I can assure you I'm not acting nor am I a member of the "cool kids club" maddawg. I'm not part of the PC crowd either, this kind of stuff just genuinely offends me. Maybe I'm just a bit of softie haha. I've also heard much worse than anything I've ever seen on this board from some of my fellow Tech students, and that didn't stop me from loving Tech or understanding
    that they don't represent the school as a whole, so I don't know what I'm really worried about. Maybe I just have a deep rooted fear of us coming off as incompetent hicks due to past experiences.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ceb420 View Post
    Well it is easy to misinterpret things on the world wide web sometimes, especially considering I don't know most of the posters here like a lot of y'all do.

I can assure you I'm not acting nor am I a member of the "cool kids club" maddawg. I'm not part of the PC crowd either, this kind of stuff just genuinely offends me. Maybe I'm just a bit of softie haha. I've also heard much worse than anything I've ever seen on this board from some of my fellow Tech students, and that didn't stop me from loving Tech or understanding
    that they don't represent the school as a whole, so I don't know what I'm really worried about. Maybe I just have a deep rooted fear of us coming off as incompetent hicks due to past experiences.

A sense of humor is a good thing.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

I'm not at all surprised by some of those who ACT like they are offended just to be part of the "cool kids club".
    You must be talking about the Rustonites. Those that think they have money and take out loans to be members of Squire Creek.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I just have a deep rooted fear of us coming off as incompetent hicks due to past experiences.
    That's exactly how the liberal elite and Hollywood view the entire south and the "fly over" portion of our great country.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

The thread was started by one of our posters who most of us know has a sense of humor and does not walk on egg shells regarding stupid PC thoughts.
    You must not know what political correctness is because you are very very PC.

Uh, what? This is laughable. So America is a "country of white people" according to you?
    Did I say it was a country of white people? No! What I'm saying is to let the white people have something. White people are having everything taken from them, and eventually they'll have nothing if they don't realise it.

Puppy BandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Their band made ours look like a junior high school.
    What are your criteria for this observation? Just wondering.

Varsity Bulldog DoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the rough DoubleDDawg's Avatar

Sorry banddawg, but all you have to do is listen!!!! Tubas jumping around missing and cracking notes, no balance, forget about people marching, we can't even walk in step. There are high school bands that make ours look like a junior high band.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    White people are having everything taken from them, and eventually they'll have nothing if they don't realise it.
    Dangerous mentality. This thread is ridiculous.

Puppy BandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her gameBandDawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDDawg View Post
    Sorry banddawg, but all you have to do is listen!!!! Tubas jumping around missing and cracking notes, no balance, forget about people marching, we can't even walk in step. There are high school bands that make ours look like a junior high band.
    Thx, appreciate your candid response.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BandDawg View Post
    What are your criteria for this observation? Just wondering.

I know our guys and guys do more with less.....and I am proud of them. But Illinois looked and sounded like a true collegiate band. Scholarships and funding have a lot to do with it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

35-18

Next topic!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

In 2000 I spent a week on campus in champaign rehearsing and performing on my professor's doctoral recital.

Regarding diversity, African Americans are very noticeably absent from campus and the community. Meaning, maybe I saw one. But I don't think so. Lots of Hispanics though.

Regarding their band, yeah the band program and overall music program is in another universe from ours. It is an extremely well respected grad program for music. I was in awe for that week. They spend more money in the music dept than we spend in athletics.

They have a typical big 10 marching band, it's big time, and in another league from what we can expect. Their band makes the NSU...and LSU for that matter...band look and sound bad.

But that's ok, because it's not our band's mojo. Ours is to be laid back and have a fun experience, and the band of pride does that very well.

Varsity Bulldog DoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the rough DoubleDDawg's Avatar

Sorry, but It's not your mojo to march 8 to 5 in step?To where your headgear kicked back on your head instead of down with your brim on your brow? To play the correct notes with articulation and intonation? That has nothing to do with money. And no.Their band does not make LSU or NSU sound bad. We can't even float a symmetrical "T" at pregame.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDDawg View Post
    Sorry, but It's not your mojo to march 8 to 5 in step?To where your headgear kicked back on your head instead of down with your brim on your brow? To play the correct notes with articulation and intonation? That has nothing to do with money. And no.Their band does not make LSU or NSU sound bad. We can't even float a symmetrical "T" at pregame.
    I'd estimate I spent over 100 more hours rehearsing in a season than my current counterparts because we were serious about the results more than just having a good time. That is mojo. You are describing results of a less dedicated mojo with a focus on the experience and not the quality of the product, not the mojo itself. It's a culture thing.

And, pretty much every big 10 marching band marches and plays better than every Louisiana collegiate band. Different styles, granted, but still true. And by "pretty much every," I mean all of them.

+ Reply to Thread