+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Year Since Switching to D1-A?

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Best Year Since Switching to D1-A?

We won a bowl (only the 2nd) against a Power 5 School (1st Time)

Well???

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Best Year Since Switching to D1-A?

No

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    We won a bowl (only the 2nd) against a Power 5 School (1st Time)

Well???
    1977...9-1-2 and won the Independence Bowl as an underdog (probably shouldn't have been) against Louisville.

If this team had gone 12-2 or maybe even 11-3, it would have been clear #1 of the I/I-A/FBS era. But the NSU loss is an automatic disqualifier.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 12-26-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

1977 was before we switched.

9 wins all against FBS/D1-A (or whatever it is called now) is that an all-time record?

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong...1975 was when we switched. Everything from 1975-1977 counts as FBS since it was before the I-A/I-AA original split which saw Tech still in I-A through 1981.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

A good year, but a little inconsistent. I still give congrats to the coaches and team. I hope they enjoy the moment.

9 wins all against FBS/D1-A (or whatever it is called now) is that an all-time record?
    Ties the 9 full FBS wins in 1997. Didn't have 9 full FBS wins in 2012 due to transition FBS teams.

Varsity Bulldog LaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the roughLaTechAlum2014 is a jewel in the rough LaTechAlum2014's Avatar

I'd say the Bates-Sokol 1-and-Done year was pretty successful. Now the big question is what can fans expect next year?

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

It was an awesome year giving what we were expecting. We had a pretty special team this year that didn't make a lot of mistakes ( minus two games). So proud if this team and what they accomplished. Now on to signing day and our new o-line coach!

Don't believe anyone on this board would not have taken an 8-win season with a bowl game going into this year.

NO ONE would not have taken 9-win season including a bowl win.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Since 1988 should be the question. And I can't say it is because we are not conference champions.

But it was a very good year.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    1977...9-1-2 and won the Independence Bowl as an underdog (probably shouldn't have been) against Louisville.

If this team had gone 12-2 or maybe even 11-3, it would have been clear #1 of the I/I-A/FBS era. But the NSU loss is an automatic disqualifier.
    those 3 losses (NSU, ODU, and Marshall) were a combined 9 pts. Still a magical season.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

No, it was before there was 1AA. We played two seasons as Division 1 before moving down to 1AA

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Wrong...1975 was when we switched. Everything from 1975-1977 counts as FBS since it was before the I-A/I-AA original split which saw Tech still in I-A through 1981.
    I knew we were Div1 in the mid 70s but did not know we remained 1A thru '81.

+ Reply to Thread