+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What the Heart of Dallas committee thought of today's Bowl game

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: What the Heart of Dallas committee thought of today's Bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Look at the Orange today. Wow, you telling me a couple thousand more Miss State fans couldn't get away from their farm chores to attend the friggin Orange Bowl? I would donate a body part to see MY DAWGS play in the Cotton,Orange, Peach or Sugar Bowl.
    Why should Miss State have more fans in attendance that GEEAYE Tech?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Look at the Orange today. Wow, you telling me a couple thousand more Miss State fans couldn't get away from their farm chores to attend the friggin Orange Bowl? I would donate a body part to see MY DAWGS play in the Cotton,Orange, Peach or Sugar Bowl.

Exactly! I thought for sure that more people would take off on arguably the busiest work day of the year to see their favorite team play. Come on Miss St fans. Didn't you just complete a stadium expansion that proves how dedicated you are? I mean come on.... 20,000 students and all those alumni and you can't fill a stadium for a major bowl game?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I'm just not getting the dissing of Miss State when Ga Tech is closer and has more students/alumni.

I'm just not getting the dissing of Miss State when Ga Tech is closer and has more students/alumni.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Because they are in the mighty sec west! They should fill every stadium they play in and beat non-sec schools by 50!

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Because they are in the mighty sec west! They should fill every stadium they play in and beat non-sec schools by 50!
    Yeah, what I figured.

I have a bit of a soft spot for them since they are the only sec school to ever consider playing us in Ruston. Yeah, they will probably buy out 2016, but at least we had 2 home games with them on paper. Even Vandy wouldn't do that.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yeah, what I figured.

I have a bit of a soft spot for them since they are the only sec school to ever consider playing us in Ruston. Yeah, they will probably buy out 2016, but at least we had 2 home games with them on paper. Even Vandy wouldn't do that.
    I have no problems with either school to be honest. I want us to be GA Tech in some categories. GA Tech has been there, MS State has not. There shouldn't be a soul in Starkville for this game.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

The Louisiana Tech/Illinois Heart of Dallas Bowl drew a 1.5 final rating and 2.3 million viewers on ESPN Friday afternoon, up 650% in ratings and 600% in viewership from North Texas/UNLV on ESPNU last year (0.2, 332K) and up 200% and 148%, respectively, from Oklahoma State/Purdue on ESPNU in 2012 (0.5, 943K).

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014...lege-football/

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    The Louisiana Tech/Illinois Heart of Dallas Bowl drew a 1.5 final rating and 2.3 million viewers on ESPN Friday afternoon, up 650% in ratings and 600% in viewership from North Texas/UNLV on ESPNU last year (0.2, 332K) and up 200% and 148%, respectively, from Oklahoma State/Purdue on ESPNU in 2012 (0.5, 943K).

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014...lege-football/
    I told you guys prior to the HOD Bowl that it would draw good ratings for 2 reasons:

1) After Christmas, Americans were ready for some football by Dec 26th, and the HOD Bowl was the first game up!

2) Playing Illinois allowed us to tap into the Chicago and Big Ten TV markets.

I love the fact that our Dawgs won a bowl game over a Big Ten team in front of 2.3 MILLION TV viewers. WOW!!!

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I told you guys prior to the HOD Bowl that it would draw good ratings for 2 reasons:

1) After Christmas, Americans were ready for some football by Dec 26th, and the HOD Bowl was the first game up!

2) Playing Illinois allowed us to tap into the Chicago and Big Ten TV markets.

I love the fact that our Dawgs won a bowl game over a Big Ten team in front of 2.3 MILLION TV viewers. WOW!!!
    Not to mention Tech for whatever reason seems to draw fairly well given our market size and G5 status in regards to TV viewership. I always wear something Tech when I travel and we have a lot of casual fans who root for X (Arkansas, MooState, Nebraska, A&M, etc.) but pull for Tech. The much coveted Boise status in the eyes of the public is way closer than you think if you don't get out of the state of Louisiana. JFW and everything else will follow. I hope HCSH sees this and realizes the situation he is in. West Texas, South Arkansas, North Louisiana and East Mississippi want a winner in there backyard. JFW!!!!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post
    Not to mention Tech for whatever reason seems to draw fairly well given our market size and G5 status in regards to TV viewership. I always wear something Tech when I travel and we have a lot of casual fans who root for X (Arkansas, MooState, Nebraska, A&M, etc.) but pull for Tech. The much coveted Boise status in the eyes of the public is way closer than you think if you don't get out of the state of Louisiana. JFW and everything else will follow. I hope HCSH sees this and realizes the situation he is in. West Texas, South Arkansas, North Louisiana and East Mississippi want a winner in there backyard. JFW!!!!
    ...as well as East Texas and West Mississippi!

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    ...as well as East Texas and West Mississippi!
    Haha. On my phone so I can't edit, but yea I guess we should go after those two first. However if we can get east Texas and west Mississippi then east Mississippi along with west and central Texas should be our next goal.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think those numbers are gambling #s on the first game of day

Not much better than the NO Bowl which was also first game out of the chute
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think those numbers are gambling #s on the first game of day

Not much better than the NO Bowl which was also first game out of the chute
    Ill take luck and circumstance over crickets any day of the week.

+ Reply to Thread