+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Game

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: The Game

Their receivers were so much bigger than our DB's. That post was almost impossible for us to defend and it hurt us. The 4-5 times we threw to Henderson on the flare route set up the wheel perfectly. They never had a chance. Our offensive woes are more from execution than play calling. I believe it was Watts on one play that just stood still as Sokol threw to an empty spot about 12 yards down the field. That was a head scratcher.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think Tony Johnson would've batted down a couple of balls and discouraged O'Toole from running it. But Villamez was awesome and Thomason held his own.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

The Ill no. 5 is suffering from reality deficit disorder. He gets 18 yards on 6 carries and he thinks they can power run on us? The power run was stuffed all day.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

So, Logan "shankster" McPherson doesn't punt one time, some kid named Grouse does, and we get a 60-yarder? This correct? If so, why isn't Grouse our punter?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So, Logan "shankster" McPherson doesn't punt one time, some kid named Grouse does, and we get a 60-yarder? This correct? If so, why isn't Grouse our punter?
    The kid that finally came in and made a great punt in the 3rd quarter was "Shouse", #28.

I swear, after halftime I came back from the concession stand and DFIH told me that we had a skinny little punter ....#28......who was punting the ball 60 yards with regularity in halftime warmups. DFIH said Skip Holtz must be smoking crack because this kid ......#28......was a hell of a lot better punter than McPherson. He said he couldn't understand why Holtz kept using McPherson for punts.

Sure enough, #28 "Shouse" comes in for his first punt in the 3rd qtr and BOOMS a 60-yard punt when we badly needed it. He literally got a standing ovation from the LA Tech crowd who by that time was very frustrated with Tech's punting woes.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Thanks. Shouse.

I wasn't paying attention and thought, when at the game, McPherson had finally nailed one. In fact those Tech fans, who this was their first game this year, and in a long time, also thought it was our regular guy and commented, "Ya see, he can punt!" The ovation, I thought at the time, was that McPherson finally booted one. Then I heard after the game while walking to the car Tech fans saying it was someone else. I just checked the boxscore today and sure enough....Grouse....er, Shouse.

We may have found a punter. Now....for a kicker.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Thanks. Shouse.

I wasn't paying attention and thought, when at the game, McPherson had finally nailed one. In fact those Tech fans, who this was their first game this year, and in a long time, also thought it was our regular guy and commented, "Ya see, he can punt!" The ovation, I thought at the time, was that McPherson finally booted one. Then I heard after the game while walking to the car Tech fans saying it was someone else. I just checked the boxscore today and sure enough....Grouse....er, Shouse.

We may have found a punter. Now....for a kicker.
    He punted 6 times this year with an average of 41.6 (if memory serves me). Had 5 last year for an average of about 40. He hasn't exactly kicked the cover off the ball but he's done slightly better than McPherson (38 yds/punt in 2013; 36.8 in 2014). I can only guess the coaches didn't see much promise. Maybe they'll visit the soccer field in the spring and find someone for P, K, or both.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The kid that finally came in and made a great punt in the 3rd quarter was "Shouse", #28.

I swear, after halftime I came back from the concession stand and DFIH told me that we had a skinny little punter ....#28......who was punting the ball 60 yards with regularity in halftime warmups. DFIH said Skip Holtz must be smoking crack because this kid ......#28......was a hell of a lot better punter than McPherson. He said he couldn't understand why Holtz kept using McPherson for punts.

Sure enough, #28 "Shouse" comes in for his first punt in the 3rd qtr and BOOMS a 60-yard punt when we badly needed it. He literally got a standing ovation from the LA Tech crowd who by that time was very frustrated with Tech's punting woes.
    . I noticed the same thing, he was almost putting them in the stands. Glad he did well under pressure.

Puppy DangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really nice

I've been keeping up with the stats all season and Shouse had a 45.1 avg until he had one go out of bounds early. He hasn't punted since. McPherson shanks the ball continuously and they keep sticking him out there. Another stat that sticks out is Shouse has 0 return yards and 2 punts directly turned into points for the Dogs. I agree with Sean Isabella, the Shouse kid should be the punter.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Like DawgFaninHouston I was also paying attention to the punters at halftime and favored a change. BUT, we caught them off guard with that long punt. It, and most of his warm-up punts, were pretty low. On a regular basis, that could be a real concern regarding returns.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

I believe Shouse is better than McPherson, but I do not believe either of them is the clear answer at punter. I have a relatively strong confidence with the kicking situation. 43 and in I believe Barnes is the man. He seems to be more accurate than Fischer. Fischer has the stronger leg so I believe he should be the long range guy and handle the kickoffs. I have heard that Andrew Doughty a walk on from Captain Shreve can crush some kickoffs so he may be the answer there. 3 kickers may be a little much though.

Puppy DangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really niceDangDawg is just really nice

I remember Brent Mussberger going off about a 55 yard bomb Shouse punted at Auburn. Most of the punts I've seen from him have been pretty awesome, especially the one at North Texas. That punt had awesome hang time and landed on the six yard line with backspin and richocheted off their player and recovered by us. TD pass next play. A bunch of us that sit together have been watching him for a while and nobody can figure out why he hasn't been given much of a chance. The McPherson kid seems like a nice kid but he's at the bottom of the list as far as his avg again. His avg is worse this year than last year i think.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Could be anything keeping Shouse out of the starting spot. I'm not saying any of this with any certainty, but attitude/work ethic/team releations could be an issue, maybe McPherson was "promised" the starting job, and maybe Shouse is a little slower in his kicks than McPherson. Seems like they only bring Shouse in when McPherson is having an exceptionally bad day, so I think there's gotta be some behind the scenes stuff going on there. Who really knows... just thinking out loud.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Could be anything keeping Shouse out of the starting spot. I'm not saying any of this with any certainty, but attitude/work ethic/team releations could be an issue, maybe McPherson was "promised" the starting job, and maybe Shouse is a little slower in his kicks than McPherson. Seems like they only bring Shouse in when McPherson is having an exceptionally bad day, so I think there's gotta be some behind the scenes stuff going on there. Who really knows... just thinking out loud.
    I hope whatever is keeping him out changes- it is painful to watch us punt.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I hope whatever is keeping him out changes- it is painful to watch us punt.
    It really is. It's bad when I think to myself that I could punt the ball at least as far as most of ours go.

I'm 30, but look much younger (still get carded everywhere), so maybe I'll just try to walk on.

+ Reply to Thread