+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xavier Woods

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Xavier Woods

Houston Bates was the legit MVP but I think most of us are overlooking Xavier.

After re-watching the game on http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#t...port/football/,
    this guy played his heart out and would have been a fine choice for MVP, too. Remember, he ran down the Illinois guy in the first quarter to save a TD. Personally responsible for at least 10 points.

The BEST part? He's only a sophomore.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Xavier Woods

Not overlooking X. Still processing the game and going thru it segment by segment. When you think of the D the obvious player to focus on first is Bates. Woods had a HUGE game! No doubt about it. Also, Liggins was tough. Lots of pass break-ups, tackles, and tight coverage.

Bates said it himself: Louisiana Tech beat Illinois. It was a team effort.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Woods always seems to give 110%.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

On the pick six I loved how two clueless Ill players were concentrating on diving on one of our linemen on the ground and Woods just ran right by them.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Illinois knew we were missing 5 starters?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

It was a big time team win-- I love Bates and been on his wagon since August ( those at Ralph and Cacoos will remember guy asking Coach if he was as strong a leader as he appeared) . That said, Dixon to me was MVP. 2 TDs, took focus on himself from Illinois defense and not sure we win the game without his hustle to create turnover which lead to his TD. TEAM win-- X-man had MVP game as well as V-- did know know he was not allowed to tackle during practice ( Villemez) because of all the injuries he has?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I wonder if Illinois knew we were missing 5 starters?
    5? Who were they? I thought it was only 4?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Bell
    Brown
    Carter
    Johnson
    Pinson

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Bell, Carter, Johnson, Pinson, and Aaron Brown, who went from the scout team to starting 8 of the last 9 games. http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m....html#IGBG.PLY I sure hope Brown gets his academics straight and comes back. He's another walk-on from Texas.

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    It was a big time team win-- I love Bates and been on his wagon since August ( those at Ralph and Cacoos will remember guy asking Coach if he was as strong a leader as he appeared) . That said, Dixon to me was MVP. 2 TDs, took focus on himself from Illinois defense and not sure we win the game without his hustle to create turnover which lead to his TD. TEAM win-- X-man had MVP game as well as V-- did know know he was not allowed to tackle during practice ( Villemez) because of all the injuries he has?

Villemez would be my choice for runner-up MVP. When he came off the field during the game, his shoulder looked separated and his arm would hang limply. The trainers would come talk to him, but he would just go back into the game and act like nothing was wrong with him. As a side note, my respect level for him as a man grew even more after the game. With the Locks of Love story, you could already guess he was a decent guy but after the game I saw him trying to wheel Caellan Carmichael around the field to make sure he could celebrate with the team. His shoulder was so messed up he couldn't even push the wheelchair. Hester noticed and came over to take over the job for Villemez. Seeing that just reaffirmed how special our players are.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech_dawg_fan View Post
    Villemez would be my choice for runner-up MVP. When he came off the field during the game, his shoulder looked separated and his arm would hang limply. The trainers would come talk to him, but he would just go back into the game and act like nothing was wrong with him. As a side note, my respect level for him as a man grew even more after the game. With the Locks of Love story, you could already guess he was a decent guy but after the game I saw him trying to wheel Caellan Carmichael around the field to make sure he could celebrate with the team. His shoulder was so messed up he couldn't even push the wheelchair. Hester noticed and came over to take over the job for Villemez. Seeing that just reaffirmed how special our players are.
    WOW! He made a lot of key tackles. I guess the biggest complement I can give him is that he has the same heart as hunter Lee. Maybe there should be a Giving It All You Got Huter Lee Award!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

This was a very special team. Many of their names will be brought up in conversation on this board for years to come.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing V's story - I didn't even know he was injured. So proud of our bulldawgs!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Thanks for sharing V's story - I didn't even know he was injured. So proud of our bulldawgs!
    read the post game interviews and when they got to Diaz he mentioned Bates and X-man but then went straight to V -- he said he has bodyparts with words he can not pronounce and not allowed to tackle in practice, he made big effort to express his admiration of V and what he brought to team. Of course most folks know the hair will be donated to make wigs for ?cancer? patients --- I like WWdog idea of HL award--this team has some serious warriors--who come back from broken collarbone after 3 games and god only knows how many body parts are damged on Dixon.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

So, the BBB MVP voting looks like it might have gone like this:

1) HB 2) V 3) X

+ Reply to Thread