+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who gets drafted?

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who gets drafted?

A lot of pressure to make the right decision at 21 is almost unfair. The only reason for Dixon to come back for his senior year is to get a degree (study his azz off) and become a Tech legend. The only reason to leave is money and to avoid risk of injury.

I know most scouts will discount Dixon because even when he is not injured he acts injured getting up from a play and the conference he played in. If he comes back and stops showing every pain as injury he will move up in draft status. He is a tough little guy and runs hard for his size which are pluses showing pain and fumbling are the only downgrades for Dixon. 10 to 20 years ago he would be a high 2nd or 3rd rounder. Backs are not drafted high anymore because there is too much depth at that position.

Either way, I want Dixon to succeed at Tech or the NFL. I will thank him and respect him for his decision either way!

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I may be biased, but I have no idea why Dixon wouldn't get drafted in the first 3 rounds. Now, there is a HUGE difference between 1st and 3rd/4th round (in terms of guarantees). If Dixon comes back, I think he's good enough to go in the 1st round of 2016. I think he's that good.
    Looked over the last three drafts (2012-2014):
    • 19-24 RBs drafted per year (None in the first round the last two years).
    • Only 6-8 RBs drafted in rounds 1-3.
    • So, theoretically, Dixon would need to be in top 8 to get selected in first few rounds of draft this year...
    • The following running backs are draft eligible, top 10 as ranked by cbssports: Melvin Gordon (Wisc), Todd Gurley (UGA), Ameer Abdullah (Neb), Tevin Coleman (Ind), Duke Johnson (Miami), T.J. Yeldon (Bama), Mike Davis (USCe), Jay Ajayi (Boise), Javorius Allen (USCw), David Cobb (Minn) [all underclassman except Abdullah and Cobb].
    To your point, I don't see any way Dixon would be a first-three-rounds RB this year with that top 10 group of RBs. Further, if Gurley (even prior to injury) and Abdullah are not even getting first round grades on some boards, ain't no way Dixon will next year [only Gordon is projected first rounder this year].

Oddly, Dixon is not even listed in top 75 RB 2015 draft prospects on cbssports.com

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rank him 6-8 among those you listed but my opinion doesn't matter. If he isn't projected to go in the first 3 rounds, he'd be better off at Tech.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

At best Dixon would be invited to camp and signed as a free agent. If he comes back next year and has a solid year without injury, I could see him going in the 4th round or later.

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'd rank him 6-8 among those you listed but my opinion doesn't matter. If he isn't projected to go in the first 3 rounds, he'd be better off at Tech.
    I get it, fandom tends to trump objectivity most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    At best Dixon would be invited to camp and signed as a free agent. If he comes back next year and has a solid year without injury, I could see him going in the 4th round or later.
    Without injury, won't happen. Have to hope for "without career-threatening injury". Dixon has been overworked, and it often shows.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post
    Without injury, won't happen. Have to hope for "without career-threatening injury". Dixon has been overworked, and it often shows.
    It can happen, if Dixon isn't rode into the ground. He's got the whole off season to rehab any lingering injuries he may have. If he has injuries that can't be overcome in 8 months, he doesn't have a prayer of getting drafted.

And if you're watching the Outback Bowl, you'll see why Gordon is so highly rated. He's running over Auburn.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    And if you're watching the Outback Bowl, you'll see why Gordon is so highly rated. He's running over Auburn.
    To be fair those buffet busters are giving him some very nice holes. I do agree however that this class is not good for a RB to come out early. IMO Dixon is best served coming back and letting the much improved Oline (IMO) give him a chance to put on some real shows for the NFL scouts. After the tear he had he will be on a lot of preseason award watch lists and will get a lot of love when we lay the wood to Kstate and MooState next year on the way to a Cotton bowl win over Lpisswho.

+ Reply to Thread