+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Starting Lineup

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

Re: 2015 Starting Lineup

As we look at our receiving corps and running backs for next year...WOW - look what the NEW QB will have to work with. That speaks volumes to recruit someone in the 4 to 5 star caliber...pretty much well have the rains to start now if they can earn it. It's all there for someone who wants to play immediately, which most want that anyway - the trick is to fitting into the coaches scheme...should be a fun season next year.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    said it few times--Quinn Harris was one of the great ones-- remember him making 3 straight big plays when game on line, sacks and batted down ball ..
    Yes, Hunter Lee is an awesome young man. But, yes, in the Tech leadership class, the roll was short with the names Harris and Lee.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I have some inside info saying Blake Martin may not return for 2015. Apparently he is scheduled to graduate early, and is strongly considering forgoing his senior year of eligibility. Ya know.....a smart kid who gets a degree, nails down a good job and decides to move on with his life.

I hope Blake returns. He has excellent speed (I think he's faster than Dixon) and he offers our team a great "change of pace" when he enters a game. Blake's speed shocked Illinois late in the 4th qtr of the HOD Bowl. He came in, got two back to back carries, and picked up 12 yards on the first carry and scored on a 25-yard run in the 2nd carry, to seal the game. The Illini had no clue how to handle Blake's speed.
    That might be good scenario for Martin; graduate early, take less graduate hours and play; And get Tech to pay for his graduate school, MBA or whatever. The way the job market is now and times have changed, a lot more college grads than 30 or 40 years ago any further education couldn't hurt

Plus he'll have plenty of time to work like the rest of us stiffs but not play college football

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

If Martin is graduating this spring, he is graduating, not early, but in four years. Every year there are several seniors that have already graduated before the full quarter of the senior year of eligibility. I remember Matt Nelson working on and getting his Masters his senior year. Last year Kevin Kisseberth decided to forego his senior year of eligibility as he had earned by B.A. and it was time to move on with life. Maybe physical issues and/or risk of same help with this decision.

Which ever way Martin decides to go, I thank him for walking on at Tech and earning a scholarship and I will remember with fondness his performance and getting to know his family. All that being said, I sure hope he plays.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

What LT from LSU? Where have I been????.............no, not Bernice

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    What LT from LSU? Where have I been????.............no, not Bernice
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...jr_894324.html
    Derek Edinburgh, Jr.
    Class:
    RS Sophomore
    Hometown:
    New Orleans, La.
    High School:
    Edna Karr HS
    Last College:
    LSU
    Height / Weight:
    6-8 / 331
    Position:
    OT
    Birthdate:
    05/17/1994
    Experience:
    TR

2013 (LSU): Did not play.
    2012 (LSU):Redshirted as a true freshman in 2012.
    High School:One of the top offensive linemen in Louisiana for the class of 2012 ... Anchored an offense that went to two straight Louisiana 4A state championship games ... ESPN.com rated him as the nation's No. 76 offensive lineman and No. 27 overall prospect in Louisiana ... Rivals.com had him as the No. 29 offensive lineman nationally and the 10th overall player in Louisiana ... Ranked the No. 29 offensive lineman in the nation and No. 84 in the Southeast 150 by Scout.com ... 247sports.com rated him as the No. 49 offensive lineman and No. 17 overall in Louisiana ... Superprep All-America ranked him as the No. 5 prospect in Louisiana and the No. 25 offensive lineman in the nation ... Four-star prospect by Rivals.com and Scout.com ... Ranked No. 111 on the Press-Register Super Southeast 120 ... Member of the Times-Picayune Blue Chip list ... Named to the MaxPreps 2011 U.S. Air Force Medium School All-American Team ... A two-time 4A first team All-State selection in Louisiana ... Coached by Jabbar Juluke.
    Personal: Derek Edinburgh, Jr. ...Parents are Gretchen and Derek Edinburgh ... Born May 17, 1994.

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

Hog I was very surprised all yr that Blake was not called on as a change up in style at running
    back? He seemed to have extra speed when he got in the games and would make good things
    happen,

Varsity Bulldog 1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough

LaTech Re: 2015 Starting Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    try to bail you out here-- if we include fg kicker as offense -thats 12 and punter for defense-thats 12. So 12 starters both side of ball just 11 at time.
    I think it is fair to say that although 11 on field, the various options and packages mean you have more than 11 "starters" on each side of the ball...then they have back-ups. However, more importantly...

I hope that we replace Kicker and Punter (or they get A LOT BETTER)..maybe we beat Marshall if FG/PAT are good? Regardless we cannot let field position and 3-pt trys leave us relying on a D to be #1 in country in points from turnovers every year (just so that we can remain close in games). If that is the case we will be 6-6 +/- a game. Special Teams showing up will at least allow us to have an 'off day' on O or D once and a while.

Don't want to get my hopes up yet for next year...as others state QB will be the kingpin. If uncertain in ability then I would expect SH to revert to his 3-runs and a punt play calling of last season and that gets us nothing. Even though Sokol struggled some these past few games that guy was willing to take a hit - (good job with the OL sometimes) - and that at least keeps the opposing D honest. The previous year was look at 1 receiver and get rid quickly...or tuck and run (not much gain). Doesn't take long for opposing D to get the upper hand (painful memories still from last year).

Good job this year - having a QB in the mix was a big plus...looking forward to next few years if we can recruit well and follow it up.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Watching a duel threat QB beat lsu makes me like that skill in our next qb

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

And lsu was the #1 defense in the mighty sec

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I cannot remember us ever having a dual threat QB. Have we?

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Higgins...no I am not going to go there and make a joke at his expense. All I can say is I hope he pulls a Colby Cameron!!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Stallworth
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Matt Dunigan

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Higgins...no I am not going to go there and make a joke at his expense. All I can say is I hope he pulls a Colby Cameron!!
    AMEN!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread