+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlas Shrugged

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Atlas Shrugged

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Although I detest 11 AM kickoffs as well, particularly for the effects on attendance and tailgating, I agree that the government has no place in making such decisions.

"Libtard" often is used to demonstrate a superficial and ineloquent approach to, well... everything.
    This in spades.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    How is this a liberal/conservative thing? .
    Everything is when you're effing obsessed ...

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    So says the moderate.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Exactly.

I would say a restriction of freedom (here the freedom to play football when you want to play) is a liberal idea, but the Rebublicans are no better. They do somewhat talk the talk, but about the last time I remember any significant repeal of a law restricting freedom by a Republican was the repeal of the 55 mph national speed limit. Otherwise it is new law after new law after new law passed year after year after year.

We need a house of repeals; a third house whose only job would be to repeal laws.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

When there were only two people in this old world, there was only one rule. (And they couldn't even get that right.)

More people = more dumb = more laws. It is what it is.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Politicians should be required to work at freaking real jobs for 20+ years before "working for the American people" as politicos. Oh and Champ...everything these days, and I mean everything, boils down to politics and religious beliefs don't you know that yet?
    And Christ wasn't impressed at all with politicians or organized religion in his day or now either I would imagine. So that tells you how bad things are in this worldly messed up world now. But that has been prophesied too.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 12-31-2014 at 11:09 PM.

I agree with all the above statements. Republicans have done just as much to take away freedom at Democrats. It's the dystopia society where the rich and the poor collude to screw the middle class. I know we are talking a football schedule but dang! What the hell business is it of any government about what time a team plays football?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

When there were only two people in this old world, there was only one rule. (And they couldn't even get that right.)

More people = more dumb = more laws. It is what it is.
    I come close to agreeing with that statement, but smart people don't control themselves either. Bad manners = more laws

It's usually the smart people that think laws will change bad behavior.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I agree with all the above statements. Republicans have done just as much to take away freedom at Democrats. It's the dystopia society where the rich and the poor collude to screw the middle class. I know we are talking a football schedule but dang! What the hell business is it of any government about what time a team plays football?
    Had to look that one up. Nice word!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Politicians should be required to work at freaking real jobs for 20+ years before "working for the American people" as politicos.
    As you might have guessed, I'm not inclined to subscribe the public service vs. real job dichotomy you've laid out.

Nevertheless, I could support your proposal if you would similarly agree that every CEO must first serve 20 year term of community service prior to being allowed to run a company.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    . Oh and Champ...everything these days, and I mean everything, boils down to politics and religious beliefs don't you know that yet?
    Everything? Really? EVERYTHING?

What color underpants did your beliefs tell you to put on this morning?

Like I said ... politics only relate to everything when one is OBSESSED.

Everything? Really? EVERYTHING?

What color underpants did your beliefs tell you to put on this morning?

Like I said ... politics only relate to everything when one is OBSESSED.
    Maybe that explains why I think everything relates to sex.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Quote of the day:

The Guvner then said "If you want to tailgate, you have to be there by 9 a.m.," Dayton said. "Most students I don't think are awake at 9 a.m."
    I'm there no later than 8:00 no matter what time the game starts! I would agree that 11:00 kickoffs hinder tailgating though. I prefer to eat good food and drink all day long than for only a couple of hours

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

As you might have guessed, I'm not inclined to subscribe the public service vs. real job dichotomy you've laid out.

Nevertheless, I could support your proposal if you would similarly agree that every CEO must first serve 20 year term of community service prior to being allowed to run a company.
    Why? What's that got to do with increasing shareholder value?

+ Reply to Thread