+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diaz Candidate for LSU Def Coord

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Diaz Candidate for LSU Def Coord

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Me too
    So how much did he get from Florida to leave Arkansas to be linebacker coach vs what we would pay as DC here?

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

If he does leave, I hope we build a huge bridge showing him that he is welcome back anytime. He was at Miss State once and left for UT money. They might put a short leash on him this time.

It's a real nasty world at the P5 level. He could easily be thrown out as the scapegoat like UT did to him. After all, all he has done is turn around a middling G5 defense in a so-so conference (as seen through the eyes of the media).

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard he really likes living in Ruston, oh nevermind.......
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    So how much did he get from Florida to leave Arkansas to be linebacker coach vs what we would pay as DC here?
    We can't pay enough if money is what drives him.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Mississippi State also in the mix of considering Diaz. As I watched Boise St. Upset Arizona- Why do they and East Carolina seem to keep evaluating their football programs and we seem to be "off and on " and not consistent. Very frustrating.
    We are in survival mode--get tired of posting this--I am the Ultimate Sunshine Pumper but also a financial realist--you cant be consistant when you do not have $$ --Nike pumped millions into Oregan--TCU pumps millions into Oregan - Boise gets millions--we are at bottom of list for money, we operate on pocket change for most programs. We do incredible job of fielding solid athletic programs with little resources -- the frustration over money has been here for the 50yrs I have been die-hard dog. took 30 yrs before I realized the financial battles we faced

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    If he does leave, I hope we build a huge bridge showing him that he is welcome back anytime. He was at Miss State once and left for UT money. They might put a short leash on him this time.

It's a real nasty world at the P5 level. He could easily be thrown out as the scapegoat like UT did to him. After all, all he has done is turn around a middling G5 defense in a so-so conference (as seen through the eyes of the media).
    the only person who could convince him to hang around woukd be Coach Holtz, think Dykes/Franklin. Conversation would be "one more year-- win another title and write our own ticket" - nothing wrong with being a team ...it will boil down to his perception of future with Holtz

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We can't pay enough if money is what drives him.
    I'd imagine Diaz was offered the linebacker gig for more money than Tech paid him as DC. He wanted to be the DC. That's the carrot imo...
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    We are in survival mode--get tired of posting this--I am the Ultimate Sunshine Pumper but also a financial realist--you cant be consistant when you do not have $$ --Nike pumped millions into Oregan--TCU pumps millions into Oregan - Boise gets millions--we are at bottom of list for money, we operate on pocket change for most programs. We do incredible job of fielding solid athletic programs with little resources -- the frustration over money has been here for the 50yrs I have been die-hard dog. took 30 yrs before I realized the financial battles we faced
    This is truth. A good starting point is finding a football HC who will stay on more than 3 years and WIN. If and when that happens the die hard fan base will grow as well as the funding. Our problem has always been consistency. With winning and with establishing a brand. 3 years we're a defensive minded 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense under Dooley, then we go the complete opposite direction under Dykes for 3 years, and now we've changed again. It's hard to build a program and a bigger fan base when the program doesn't have an identity.
    I hope Holtz is the man that will be that for Tech. I hope he will be the coach that brings consistency to a rather inconsistent program. Only time will tell.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I've heard he really likes living in Ruston, oh nevermind.......
    Been in Ruston 29 years and there is almost nothing that would keep me here with an offer of double my current salary on the table. Ruston ain't Chatham, but it's not Austin, Nashville, Starkvegas, or Charleston either.

Varsity Bulldog DoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the rough DoubleDDawg's Avatar

If he leaves, offer the job to Giles........or probably lose him too.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    As tired as you are of posting it - still do not understand why we can't duplicate Boise St or East Carolinas
    Rise in prominence and $$. In a decent year we worry to get 20,000 butts in seats. There just aren't enough of us die-hearts(since 1966), Terry Bradshaw types and Davidsons with $$ to take our program off when we start seeing a little light like this season. It is very disheartening. It seems Tech alums in general say yeah I went to Tech - go lsu Instead of showing some loyality.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I think we lose Diaz this offseason. (Of course, I HOPE not.) I was in the car listening to one of the Bowl games yesterday and the 2 ESPN radio announcers started talking about MANNY DIAZ, of all people, and how he might circle back to work with Dan Mullen again at Mississippi State. They talked quite a bit about Diaz and what a "hot commodity" he will be this off season.

IMO, it's time to start thinking and looking for Diaz's replacement at LA Tech.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

As tired as you are of posting it - still do not understand why we can't duplicate Boise St or East Carolinas
    Rise in prominence and $$. In a decent year we worry to get 20,000 butts in seats. There just aren't enough of us die-hearts(since 1966), Terry Bradshaw types and Davidsons with $$ to take our program off when we start seeing a little light like this season. It is very disheartening. It seems Tech alums in general say yeah I went to Tech - go lsu Instead of showing some loyality.
    We usually follow a good year with a crap year. Look at Boise. They've managed to keep good coaches that win in place for long term. We haven't.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think lsu will up their offer and keep Chavis. The real risk might be A&M. Wouldn't they love to hold that over UT's head.....
    Chavis to A&M is a done deal.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    Chavis to A&M is a done deal.

......and JFK was assassinated in Dallas, TX.

Sorry....just having fun with ya. This story was all over the Dallas Morning News this morning.

+ Reply to Thread