+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diaz Candidate for LSU Def Coord

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Diaz Candidate for LSU Def Coord

I think a point was made yesterday on radio that one year is not going to make Diaz a rock star especially a gig like LSU. MS ST not so sure, but I hope he takes what we have coming back on defense next year and really hits a home run. He then will be ready and can name his price.

His little boy was cleaning the floor at the last bball game and Diaz was there. I think he feels comfortable with LATECH and stays but would not harbor hard feelings if he decides to take a $1mil pay day in SEC.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    I think a point was made yesterday on radio that one year is not going to make Diaz a rock star especially a gig like LSU. MS ST not so sure, but I hope he takes what we have coming back on defense next year and really hits a home run. He then will be ready and can name his price.

His little boy was cleaning the floor at the last bball game and Diaz was there. I think he feels comfortable with LATECH and stays but would not harbor hard feelings if he decides to take a $1mil pay day in SEC.
    Thank you, Larry. There's so many things wrong with that post, I don't know where to begin. So I won't.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Diaz does not fit the big SEC mold. Ms. state ran a lot of stunts in the old days to compensate for the size and speed of the bigger SEC teams. That's similar to what we really do. We have to compensate for speed and size like most G5 schools. Diaz succeeds in that realm. Texas was not an anomaly.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It just occurred to me that we have not loved on a dc this much since 2011

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he stays. Question is, will other teams have enough tape now to combat the blitzing, ball hawking style that MD coaches? I haven't looked at his teams defense from season to season with other schools.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

We won't have the success we had this year because of tape, however that works both ways. We adapt they adapt.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    It just occurred to me that we have not loved on a dc this much since 2011
    Not close to comparable imo. We've never had anyone close to Diaz (at this point in his career). The guy is a football clinic.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    If Diaz leaves, I hope Holtz offers Randy Shannon the DC gig.
    Was Shannon announced as going to Florida this morning?

Yes to be LB coach.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I may be wrong but I think pride would keep lsu from hiring Diaz from little ole la tech. I can't see them making this move. I think they would go to NFL first. I'd love to see us go after Gibbs again maybe from Houston. He was on campus before backing out and taking the Houston job this time last year. They played pretty good D but had no offense this year to suport them. I have no ideal who Houston hired or if he was retained but even if he was I'd give him a call. I believe Skip will have more poker chips to play with this go around.

I like the Shannon idea but not sure we could lure him to Tech for similar money to what he will make at UF.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Not close to comparable imo. We've never had anyone close to Diaz (at this point in his career). The guy is a football clinic.
    Yes, the love for Spangler was near worship level near the end of the 2011 season. It is a very close comparison. Not difficult to go back and find the threads.

I never said they were equal in ability, just that we loved on Spangler the same way we are now loving on Diaz.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yes, the love for Spangler was near worship level near the end of the 2011 season. It is a very close comparison. Not difficult to go back and find the threads.

I never said they were equal in ability, just that we loved on Spangler the same way we are now loving on Diaz.
    What's the implication?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

What's the implication?

I suppose that things can turn to $hit pretty quick like they did for Spangler. There was plenty of displeasure in our defense at times this year (most every time we were scored on ). Most of us appreciated the job done by Diaz, but fans are fickle and I love to observe the highs and lows.

Again, my comment was about the fans view of our DC (past and present), not how I feel about the two.

Same could be said about Holtz or any coach...what have you done for me lately??? Fans do not give much slack and expect consistency. I think our defense will be solid next year. If we have a QB emerge we will be solid on offense as well.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Heard Mike Stoops also interviewing.

+ Reply to Thread