+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Guice Blog with Campus Master Plan Map

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Dr. Guice Blog with Campus Master Plan Map

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I made a Side-by-side comparison to google maps. Can't wait for the official release of the master plan.

Full Image
    It's not showing up on my computer.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's not showing up on my computer.
    I reupload.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Will there be much left as we now know it? I'm just sentimental in that I don't want to be unable to recognize anywhere I once haunted when I was in school back in the dark ages. But progress is good they say! Like no quad? But a rectangle? If they just rebuild in the same style and not this new stuff they've stuck everywhere in the last go round, I might can live with it.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

From what I hear we better get in gear. ULL already has the best facilities in the Southeast.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    From what I hear we better get in gear. ULL already has the best facilities in the Southeast.
    No that was compared to Southeastern Louisiana.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I made a Side-by-side comparison to google maps. Can't wait for the official release of the master plan.

Full Image
    My observations-

Stadium Blvd is gone, new road running behind current rugby field,

8, 9, and 15 look like new parking structures (downward ramp in middle of building)
    W. Mississippi Ave - Parking Garage?
    Wisteria (lot across from Post office and where old water tower was located) - Parking Garage?
    Parking lot behind Nethken - Parking Garage?

West side of Hale Hall - New Building
    South side of Hale hall - green space
    Mitchell, Hut, Cottingham, Jenkins & McFarland dorms/parking lots gone along Tech Drive new fields

I would guess that 11, 12, 13, 14 are new dorms?
    Can't believe they still have Harper, thing needs to go eyesore and hell to upkeep.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Can't believe they still have Harper, thing needs to go eyesore and hell to upkeep.
    Good observation and I agree. There needs to be a building there that better suites being next to the plaza. Not the huge ugly eyesore girls dorm.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Good observation and I agree. There needs to be a building there that better suites being next to the plaza. Not the huge ugly eyesore girls dorm.
    Something in the same architechural style as Keeny or Bogard (1930's WPA) or maybe as late as Howard. Of course the Student Center is 1950's "modern".

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Yes. We must purge our campus of any evidence that the years between 1944 and 1994 ever happened.

Because our aesthetic taste is superior to those who went before us. Therefore we should be the final arbiters of what parts of Techs first century are worth keeping.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

That all looks great, with a lot of sensible and impactful changes. The presence of an extended green space is a huge asset for university. Really enhances the aesthetics of a university.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Yes. We must purge our campus of any evidence that the years between 1944 and 1994 ever happened.

Because our aesthetic taste is superior to those who went before us. Therefore we should be the final arbiters of what parts of Techs first century are worth keeping.
    That's what I meant in my earlier post. Let's just tear it all down and start over. Never mind I, and many others, spent some of our best years in that horrible Harper or that the quad has been a quad for 100 years but now needs to be a rectangle, etc.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Technically a rectangle is a quadrilateral.

Technically, you can take out the "technically" part, seeing as how a rectangle is, in fact, a quadrilateral.

But I wasn't a math major, so...

And it works for quadrangle also, seeing as how one may be a rectangle.

The good news is we can still call it a quad.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

It really did just have to go:

image.jpg
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Technically a rectangle is a quadrilateral.

Technically, you can take out the "technically" part, seeing as how a rectangle is, in fact, a quadrilateral.

But I wasn't a math major, so...

And it works for quadrangle also, seeing as how one may be a rectangle.

The good news is we can still call it a quad.
    Not sure that makes me feel better about it. 😊 I was thinking more in simple terms of sort of "squarish" quad as opposed to a long skinny quad. At least we won't have to speak of "the rec."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    It really did just have to go:

Attachment 12337

I'll play too.
    1. Afghanistan Taliban Muslims destroying Bamiyan Buddha Statues ...

► 4:14

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYYBlPWYb7YSep 20, 2011 - 4 min - Uploaded by SinhaleseBuddhist
      Read More: http://sinhalabuddhist.com/2011/09/palliyak/ The mainBuddha in the Bamiyan ...
    2. Cultural Landscape and Archaeological Remains of the Bamiyan ...

whc.unesco.org/en/list/208

Carved into the Bamiyan Cliffs are the two niches of the giant Buddha statues ( 55m and 38m high) destroyed by the Taliban in 2001, and numerous caves ...
    3. USATODAY.com - Why the Taliban are destroying Buddhas

usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/.../2001-03-22-afghan-buddhas.htm

Mar 22, 2001 ... In the Diamond Sutra, the historical Buddha, Sakyamuni (whose lifetime crossed ... As a result, the Taliban are destroying all ancient sculptures.
    4. After 1,700 years, Buddhas fall to Taliban dynamite - Telegraph

www.telegraph.co.uk/.../After-1700-years-Buddhas-fall-to-Taliban-dynamite. html

Mar 12, 2001 ... After failing to destroy the 1,700-year-old sandstone statues ofBuddha with anti- aircraft and tank fire, the Taliban brought a lorryload of ...

+ Reply to Thread