+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida QB Jeff Driskel to Tech?

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Re: Florida QB Jeff Driskel to Tech?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Driskel was good that year they lost to Louisville in the Sugar Bowl, wasn't he? It's not like bringing in competition will hurt the team.
    Competition, good. Transfer like this usually brings starter expectations, though. Driskel struggles. Florida D and running game was the story. I'm warming up to the idea, though.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post
    Competition, good. Transfer like this usually brings starter expectations, though. Driskel struggles. Florida D and running game was the story. I'm warming up to the idea, though.
    He'll have to win it off the field first but I LIKE it! I've felt all along that we'd be well-served by an experienced transfer. This guy is a LEGIT dual threat.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

another one
    https://twitter.com/SECfootball/stat...50717089570816

I think he will do just fine in Ruston… in fact he seems to be a high character kid that I always like seeing in Bulldog colors…my only concern is that we get the reputation of always looking for the 1 year fix, and maybe that hurts us recruiting the HS at the position. Someone tell me that concern is unfounded, please...

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

What I like about the deal, if Driskel is coming to Tech, is we're trying to build our stable of QBs in case Higgins & PW aren't ready next year. Better to have him here for Spring Camp to start learning the system and increasing the competition for the starting job. And possibly have 3 who could handle the position. It sure didn't hurt Ohio St to be three deep at the QB this year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

So...this Driskel guy is behind this UF QB, Harris, on their depth chart? Ah.....no thanks.

Driskel must be another Scotty Young, or worse! a Bo Wallace, egad!

NEXT!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I like this kid. He is humble, talented, experienced, and fairly mobile. He should fit in GREAT at LA Tech! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9KpeFB7kqI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub6cQh67Po4

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I would much rather pour all we have in who we have. Anyone else think PW may bolt if he doesn't get to play?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So...this Driskel guy is behind this UF QB, Harris, on their depth chart? Ah.....no thanks.

NEXT!
    Scotty Young never played a snap at Texas Tech. Who was Sokol behind at Iowa?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    He'll have to win it off the field first but I LIKE it! I've felt all along that we'd be well-served by an experienced transfer. This guy is a LEGIT dual threat.
    By that standard, so is Higgins. Driskel can run, no doubt. But he can also turn the ball over at a very nice clip.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Driskel's stats at U of Florida.

Passing
    320 of 535 (60%) for 3,363 yards, 23 TDs, 20 INTs

Rushing
    217 carries for 637 yards, 9 TDs

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

NEXT!
    You are missing the point. As a sophomore he lead Florida to the Sugar Bowl. uF is a cesspool and he happens to be mired in it. Young never started a game prior to Tech, Bo Wallace took his team to the Peach Bowl. If this kid listens and gets settled, something he never got a chance to do in FL, he will smoke most teams on our schedule. All he has to do is be competent next year and we will win a Conference title. Don't buy into the Florida Gator hype or whining. The Kid can play.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good thing whether he plays a down next season. He brings in solid competition and senior leadership which we both lacked.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post

Passing

Rushing
    Not flaming, but could you update with fumble stats? I remember there being many, but I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post

Passing

Rushing
    Competition level is light years ahead of us in the SEC. Look at Sokol and what he did in one year, plus he could possibly play two years here.

I get that everyone sees the benefit of "competition" at the QB spot. But I hardly think the staff is taking a flyer on Driskel merely to foster competition. They have to be thinking that -- based on their intimate knowledge of their team and personnel -- he'll come in and start immediately. This tells me what they think of Higgins, and unfortunately young Wilson.

+ Reply to Thread