+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida QB Jeff Driskel to Tech?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Florida QB Jeff Driskel to Tech?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    He'll have to win it off the field first . . . .
    +1

That's the only way Sokol won his starting spot first game of the season.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    He'll have to win it off the field first but I LIKE it! I've felt all along that we'd be well-served by an experienced transfer. This guy is a LEGIT dual threat.
    Surely you meant "on the field" -- as in practice field. I'm arguing that he'll already be the pseudo-starter "off the field" by inference of his transfer.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post
    I get that everyone sees the benefit of "competition" at the QB spot. But I hardly think the staff is taking a flyer on Driskel merely to foster competition. They have to be thinking that -- based on their intimate knowledge of their team and personnel -- he'll come in and start immediately. This tells me what they think of Higgins, and unfortunately young Wilson.
    Leave it to the Tech faithful to see this as a glass half empty situation. PW is a redshirt freshman. Higgins is not a good QB. This is a Sokol deal.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Surely you meant "on the field" -- as in practice field. I'm arguing that he'll already be the pseudo-starter "off the field" by inference of his transfer.
    No, they are saying he is gonna have to sell his teammates on his leadership first.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

This tells me what they think of Higgins, and unfortunately young Wilson.
    Wilson will be a RS Freshman. Very few of those are ready to start (especially if they had injury issues their first year). Higgins is a big question mark. I would expect Driskel to start over both of them. Could be the best thing to happen to Price Wilson.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

The article says he is a Junior. But how many years of eligibility left. If he were red shirted he could have two. Since he will have graduated will not have to sit out a year. The only other times we had this (Tyler Bennet and Cody Sokol) they both only had one year. But like techmman05 said I worry about Wilson and Higgins. It could hurt recruiting down the road. You try to sign a hot QB prospect and he sees you getting these transfers, will he want to come. Cody sure helped, but it's time we see if Peterson is as good a QB developer as promised.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Driskel is playing now..just sacked lol

Varsity Bulldog rmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of lightrmc020 is a glorious beacon of light

I 100% disagree. This staff isn't just going to GIVE anyone anything. But looking at the roster at QB for next year you have Higgins (no big expectations), Wilson (supposedly the future, but has never taken a snap in college), Woodall (hurt this year, probably ends up playing TE) and a true freshmen. I've always heard that they will probably be bringing in a transfer just for depth purposes. And if you can get a former #1 rated hs QB who has led his team to the sugar bowl then you take him! I would challenge anyone to find a transfer that would be better. And to not take a transfer is just plain dumb. Higgins is liable to transfer to FCS and then you're left with 3 was that have a combined 0 starts and combined 1 year on a collegiate scout team

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    No, they are saying he is gonna have to sell his teammates on his leadership first.
    Yeah, I don't buy this rhetoric. If he can play and help his teammates succeed on the field with a team-first attitude, that'll be all the supposed "selling" he'll need to do.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    Driskel is playing now..just sacked lol
    Will be watching to see if UF makes Driskel look bad or if he takes care of that himself.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Leave it to the Tech faithful to see this as a glass half empty situation. PW is a redshirt freshman. Higgins is not a good QB. This is a Sokol deal.
    No kidding. I see this as a good thing for PW, he gets one more year to develop before having to take over. I would be disappointed if Holtz did not find significant playing time for PW during next season if this happens.

I would not blame Higgins if he transferred.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

What I was writing was Sokol had to be interviewed, vetted, and given the password by Hunter Lee.
    Any questions?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by rmc020 View Post
    I 100% disagree. This staff isn't just going to GIVE anyone anything. But looking at the roster at QB for next year you have Higgins (no big expectations), Wilson (supposedly the future, but has never taken a snap in college), Woodall (hurt this year, probably ends up playing TE) and a true freshmen. I've always heard that they will probably be bringing in a transfer just for depth purposes. And if you can get a former #1 rated hs QB who has led his team to the sugar bowl then you take him! I would challenge anyone to find a transfer that would be better. And to not take a transfer is just plain dumb. Higgins is liable to transfer to FCS and then you're left with 3 was that have a combined 0 starts and combined 1 year on a collegiate scout team
    I ain't talking about "giving", like it's charity. I'm talking about expectations. They'd be bringing an upperclassman transfer in in the belief (and expectation) that he would upgrade the QB position, not by way of 3 QBs is better than 2, but by way of 1 better QB is an upgrade over 2 average ones.

And, as to better transfers -- Miller (OSU) and Golson (ND) to name a few.

I personally think, from what I've heard, Wilson is the future now. How's that glass half empty?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    What I was writing was Sokol had to be interviewed and vetted by Hunter Lee.
    Any questions?
    So, Hunter Lee for La Tech Athletics consultant? Can we lock that up today?

+ Reply to Thread