+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Falls to Southern Miss in OT

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Usm W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Falls to Southern Miss in OT

The real Season starts this Sunday for the Techsters as they host
    Southern Miss. Women's basketball at the TAC!
    Southern Miss Women’s Basketball
    Record: 7-4
    LaTech Techsters Women’s Basketball
    Record: 5-6

Some common teams for both this year:
    The Golden Eagles
    12/14/14 vs. Mississippi State Hattiesburg, Miss. L, 73-46
    12/29/14 at Nicholls State Thibodaux, La. W, 89-57
    Techsters:
    12/11/14 at Mississippi State Starkville, Miss. L, 81-77
    12/15/14 vs. Nicholls State Ruston, La. W, 80-62

The Golden Eagles have a 6'6" Freshman and 2 6'3" players, one a Freshman...
    Not sure if the Big gal is getting much playing time but she could be a problem for the Techsters...
    We need to own our court and going to predick a "W" for our first home game of the conference season!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: New Season starts Sunday! C-USA

Need to start this off right with a WIN! GO Techsters!!!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Got in last night and stayed up catching up on all the games and BBB analysis I'd missed these past 6 days off line and up North. Gotta say, I missed the (relative) sanity we share here. The real world is far more challenging and unpredictable!

I'm afraid I'm a bit more pessimistic (which may just be "in-law lag") about Sunday--specifically, our ability to defend against height. Have we proven we can do that when we need to, even for 20 minutes? Gotta say I'm disappointed in our progress through the non-conference part of the schedule. There are some areas we have not yet improved, but more daunting, there are no areas in which we have become consistent. Or is my memory being selectively morose?

Sure, we could run past the taller Eagles, push the ball on offense, speed up the game, use our athleticism (which is becoming a euphemism for "lack of height") to create some 4-on-3, 5-on-4 opportunities... but if our shooting is off, and we don't control the offensive board, we'll just be controlling the pace of our own grave digging.

Besides, I don't think Tyler will toss out the plan now and consent to being one-dimensional just to get some Ws. That's the beauty of playing basketball in a conference: you can continue to learn, grow, and improve through the season and if you pull it all together at tournament time... you can get rewarded for being the better team at the end of the season no matter what kind of team you've been for the first four months.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Got in last night and stayed up catching up on all the games and BBB analysis I'd missed these past 6 days off line and up North. Gotta say, I missed the (relative) sanity we share here. The real world is far more challenging and unpredictable!

I'm afraid I'm a bit more pessimistic (which may just be "in-law lag") about Sunday--specifically, our ability to defend against height. Have we proven we can do that when we need to, even for 20 minutes? Gotta say I'm disappointed in our progress through the non-conference part of the schedule. There are some areas we have not yet improved, but more daunting, there are no areas in which we have become consistent. Or is my memory being selectively morose?

Sure, we could run past the taller Eagles, push the ball on offense, speed up the game, use our athleticism (which is becoming a euphemism for "lack of height") to create some 4-on-3, 5-on-4 opportunities... but if our shooting is off, and we don't control the offensive board, we'll just be controlling the pace of our own grave digging.

Besides, I don't think Tyler will toss out the plan now and consent to being one-dimensional just to get some Ws. That's the beauty of playing basketball in a conference: you can continue to learn, grow, and improve through the season and if you pull it all together at tournament time... you can get rewarded for being the better team at the end of the season no matter what kind of team you've been for the first four months.
    I have to agree that I am disappointed in the progress so far, as well. We can't put 2 wins together in a row yet, even. I really do believe the team is slowly improving, though. I don't have faith that we will run the table or can even win the conference this year. I just want to see a system in place and slowly (but very surely) building us back. I think it will take a few years to get the right players in, so recruiting is going to be very key for us.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Southern Miss is guard oriented. Jerontay Clemons 5'8 guard, Tamara Jones 5'11 forward, Brittany Dinkins 5'7 guard are the top options. Dinkins scored 18 or 19 against us last year. They also bring Kierra Jordan off the bench. She is a 6' 0 sophomore forward that Spoon recruited but lost out on. Additionally, there was a tweet from Techster account that hinted we received a new commitment in Thursday. But I have not been able to find a name yet

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts Southern Miss Sunday at 3 p.m.

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

After playing nine of their 11 non-conference games away from Ruston, Louisiana Tech has the luxury of suiting up in their own locker room for the first three Conference USA contests this year, starting with Sunday's opener against Southern Miss set for 3 p.m. at the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Southern Miss is guard oriented. Jerontay Clemons 5'8 guard, Tamara Jones 5'11 forward, Brittany Dinkins 5'7 guard are the top options. Dinkins scored 18 or 19 against us last year. They also bring Kierra Jordan off the bench. She is a 6' 0 sophomore forward...
    Doh't! I thought I read that S.Miss had three plus6-footers.
    Time to down to the basement, open the janitor's supply closet, and yell at the graduate assistant for my research errors!

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Time to down to the basement, open the janitor's supply closet, and yell at the graduate assistant for my research errors!
    Your research was correct. They have 6'3 Voche Martin and 6'3 Ashley Folsom who are part of their rotation and also have 6'6 freshmen Jessica Flowers; however, she doesn't play much. Of course with that said one of the three will probably go off for double doubles.

Your research was correct. They have 6'3 Voche Martin and 6'3 Ashley Folsom who are part of their rotation and also have 6'6 freshmen Jessica Flowers; however, she doesn't play much. Of course with that said one of the three will probably go off for double doubles.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts Southern Miss Sunday at 3 p.m.

GAME DAY!!!

Looking forward to dinner out after church, driving to Ruston, TECHSTER BASKETBALL in Ruston!!!

Go Techsters!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

6-0 USM, 4 fouls on the Techsters, 1 minute into the game.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

32. 31 Tech at half

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Thanks for the link, sportdawg! Like old times, watching the game on teletype.

Reading between the lines ( ), wondering if our girls might be a little too hepped-up, playing at home and opening conference play.

Any comments on the fouls? Does Langston have a difficult matchup? Are we a half-step slower than SMiss?

+ Reply to Thread