+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weldon Brown

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Weldon Brown

Weldon was at my kid's school (Benton Middle) all decked out in LaTech gear today. He is a GREAT ambassador for our program! One of my favorites.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Weldon Brown

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Weldon was at my kid's school (Benton Middle) all decked out in LaTech gear today. He is a GREAT ambassador for our program! One of my favorites.
    Wow! so made my day. He is on the same list as Hunter Lee as my favorite Tech players with the heart to match. What is he doing with his life now.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Wow! so made my day. He is on the same list as Hunter Lee as my favorite Tech players with the heart to match. What is he doing with his life now.
    Heck of a player in the CFL!
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Well of course. That's the way all Bossier Bearkat/LA Tech alumni roll.
    Seriously though, we get more than our fair share of excellent-character people at Louisiana Tech- like Weldon Brown.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Looking good in the CFL ... http://www.cfl.ca/roster/show/id/3355

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

The day he decides to retire we should hire him to work in the Athletic department to foster realtions with former players, plan reunions, speak with recruits on campus, be an ambassador for Tech.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the memory! We need him this next season to help pump up our guys and give him much needed appreciation.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

That Tommy Spangler defense was awesome.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy JPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really niceJPetrus is just really nice JPetrus's Avatar

I was his Orientation Leader back in 2005 when he was a freshman. Nice dude, never got a big head, and always said hello on campus. I'm rootin for him.

His profile says he's 5'10 and 185lb linebacker? Wasn't he a DB with us?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    That Tommy Spangler defense was awesome.
    Yes, 2008 and 2011 were very good defenses. Unfortunately the 2012 D has ripped those from most people's memory. I have seen several people saying Diaz brought first real defense to Tech in 20 years but both of those units I would take every year. This year was probably a little better but not much, they just created more turnovers.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Awesome video! Love it. It makes me feel so good to see former players in the stands (Heart of Dallas) in their LaTech gear. We have had some GREAT guys!

Serious question. When there is a fumble, then scramble. A lot of times before the officials make a call, you see players (as in this video) start running off the field CERTAIN they recovered and the rest of us (me watching) can't tell who has it. I'm curious how, so often, it seems like the team who recovered KNOWS for sure they have it. Is dude (Weldon) on the bottom of the pile saying, "I got it."...

I'm sure it's a dumb question, but I'm a girl, so it's allowed.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Those not trying to fake out the refs probably got a good closeup look at his teammate with the ball before the dogpile. The last camera angle shows Weldon grabbing the ball.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

yeah, you see the usual beseeching the refs.."it's ours, its ours"...but it is just so hard to see with the grabbing and punching. It happens so often that the players call it BEFORE the ref decides. I've mentioned before that I would love a go pro on some of the players to see what they see. Evidently not allowed in NCAA, but perhaps in NFL?

I've been told you DON'T want to GO Pro on the actual huddle. Interesting hijinks in the pile to get the ball loose.

+ Reply to Thread