+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Woodall

Varsity Bulldog Laman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLaman1978 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Laman1978's Avatar

LaTech Alex Woodall

I remember him being a big commitment for the Bulldogs after choosing LaTech over Mississippi State. With the arrival of Driskel and all the talk about how well Price Wilson is progressing as a QB, where does this leave Woodall? Can anyone offer any perspective on Alex as a QB?

If Wilson is the surefire future starter for the Dawgs, is there any possibility Woodall switches positions? He seems to have wonderful measurables and could make an impact somewhere on the field if given the chance.

Thanks for your responses, and GO BULLDOGS!!!

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Alex Woodall

Alex Woodall could very well be the starter and future at the position for Tech. He will most likely need a redshift year to adjust to the speed in practice as well as develop a progression tree and touch on his passes, but Alex appears to have the talent after his RS year to push PW and Highhins and compete for a starting job. IMO Driskel coming helps Woodall it guarantees we won't be forced to put him into action as a true freshman and that he will be able to adjust and develop before he hits the field which will help him retain confidence instead of having to rebuild it. I'd much rather have a group of QBs who pushed one another and can develop on the practice field than have to throw a guy to the wolves every four years. Good G5s don't start a new QB every 4 years, they have a few transcendent athletes, but for the most part have guys who are in the system for 2 or 3 years before they take over and excel and improve their draft stock.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Didn't Woodall redshirt the 2014 season?

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Yes he did. Sic em may be thinking of J'mar Smith.

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Yes he did. Sic em may be thinking of J'mar Smith.
    Yep crossed them up. I should refrain from posts prior to my second cup of coffee in the morning.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

He has as good of a chance as any in the fold to win the starting job. Dont think a senior transfer gets the job automatically - certainly
    can't hurt competition and depth. Spring and fall should be a battle.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

The more QB competition...the better! I hope they are all so good that it will be difficult to name the starter. I'm sooooo looking forward to the Spring Game in April.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

The 3rd string QB will be playing in a national championship game very soon!
    Coach Skip has certainly broughtin some great talent for the Bulldogs...
    You have to wonder at Higgons size and ablity to run if he can catch the ball as well... pardon the spelling on the name...

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    The 3rd string QB will be playing in a national championship game very soon!
    Coach Skip has certainly broughtin some great talent for the Bulldogs...
    You have to wonder at Higgons size and ablity to run if he can catch the ball as well... pardon the spelling on the name...
    just blame it on spellcheck --not your fault

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

It's early but so far I'm very pleased with the talent Coach Holtz is bringing in at QB. I remember Dooley was having problems just getting QBs to campus. He couldn't recruit a QB to save his life. Driskel aside, a lot of us are expecting Wilson to eventually take over. It would be interesting if Woodall or Smith came in a grabbed the job. Would totally change our offense. I'm not pulling for anyone. May the best Dawg win!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    It's early but so far I'm very pleased with the talent Coach Holtz is bringing in at QB. I remember Dooley was having problems just getting QBs to campus. He couldn't recruit a QB to save his life. Driskel aside, a lot of us are expecting Wilson to eventually take over. It would be interesting if Woodall or Smith came in a grabbed the job. Would totally change our offense. I'm not pulling for anyone. May the best Dawg win!
    This!!!! Whichever QB that Skippy thinks did the best job during the Spring.....let him be the QB!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Where did some of you get the notion that Higgins can run? All I saw last season was a slow QB who couldn't make a defender miss, and overall just wasn't good at the read option or the pass game.
    Nothing against Higgins, but I can't see him starting another game at Tech. If he does, we are in trouble at the QB position.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    Where did some of you get the notion that Higgins can run? All I saw last season was a slow QB who couldn't make a defender miss, and overall just wasn't good at the read option or the pass game.
    Nothing against Higgins, but I can't see him starting another game at Tech. If he does, we are in trouble at the QB position.
    He was a redshirt Freshman playing his first college football. Holtz says he has really improved over the last year. I also heard his shoulder was injured in 2013. I'm not giving up on him yet because most Freshmen seem to look terrible (Colby Cameron, for example). I agree that he's not fast, but I think he looked faster than Sokol by just a little bit.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought he ran pretty well against Kansas. Except for the fumble on whayt would have been a touchdown.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    He was a redshirt Freshman playing his first college football. Holtz says he has really improved over the last year. I also heard his shoulder was injured in 2013. I'm not giving up on him yet because most Freshmen seem to look terrible (Colby Cameron, for example). I agree that he's not fast, but I think he looked faster than Sokol by just a little bit.
    Maybe faster than Sokol, but Sokol isn't a running QB either. Higgins isn't the least athletic QB to play the position, but he is definitely not a dual threat. If he starts at some point down the road, teams won't be gameplanning to stop QB run game like they will for Driskel.

+ Reply to Thread