+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Add temporary stands and finally sell out the Joe. This is a good game for us. Southern travels well and they spend well. There will be a lot of happy store owners in Lincoln and Ouachita parish on GameDay. Good job by Tmac.

Also to answer the question about the difference between PA or Texas southern and the LA HTC schools. Southern and Grambling are known world wide in the black community. They have fans everywhere.

Puppy JrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really nice

I just hope they allow Southerns band to play at the half

Puppy JrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really niceJrRem is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Guys, you do realize this is Southern, don't you???? The way you all are going crazy, you would have thought we signed the NE Patriots to come to Ruston!!!!

I am not so concerned with how many people a team will bring of their fans, but rather how many 'on the fence' Tech fans we pull in!!!! I just don't think that the folks in SBC, Monroe or even the Homer or Minden folks will come running to see us play the Jags!!!! Band or no band...........

For the opening of the SEZ project, we should have done a better job of planning and gotten a bigger name.

IMHO
    Do you want a bigger name or a bigger crowd to open you stadium with? A big name school does not travel well to a team they feel they are above my friend. We have not earned the rep to fill the stadium with a big name. ULM hosted baylor on TV and baylor didn't pack the stands

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JrRem View Post
    Do you want a bigger name or a bigger crowd to open you stadium with? A big name school does not travel well to a team they feel they are above my friend. We have not earned the rep to fill the stadium with a big name. ULM hosted baylor on TV and baylor didn't pack the stands
    While I agree with your general point, I was at that Baylor/ULM game (as bad as I hate to say it) with my wife who has 3 degrees from there. I can promise you someone packed that stadium because it was nearly full at the start of the second quarter.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Add temporary stands and finally sell out the Joe. This is a good game for us. Southern travels well and they spend well. There will be a lot of happy store owners in Lincoln and Ouachita parish on GameDay. Good job by Tmac.

Also to answer the question about the difference between PA or Texas southern and the LA HTC schools. Southern and Grambling are known world wide in the black community. They have fans everywhere.

Need to contact Ruston shop owners now and get their pulse on working a few extra hours. Closing at 5 on Friday and noon on Saturday will not generate any extra revenue. Have been saying for a long time that shops in a college town need to adapt away from 8-5 and 9-12 schedules. How do you think they will react to that?

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Because if you MUST schedule an FCS opponent it makes sense to play one that brings a good crowd..See NSU. Only makes sense.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I just hope they allow Southerns band to play at the half
    We always have in the past...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    . Perhaps I have lived in Houston too long,
    The University of Houston opened with Southern in 2013 and played Grambling in 2014.

Maybe they weren't expanding their stadium, but I still don't see the problem. We're going to play an FCS team. Might as well be as good of an FCS team (and again, I mean in terms of drawing crowds, not on the field) as we can get.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Why do I get the feeling the accounting alumni are more excited about this than most?
    So I'll ask my question: How much are we paying them?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    So I'll ask my question: How much are we paying them?
    My guess - $125k to $150k
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Add temporary stands and finally sell out the Joe..

Maybe not but add extra concession stands and workers.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Need to contact Ruston shop owners now and get their pulse on working a few extra hours. Closing at 5 on Friday and noon on Saturday will not generate any extra revenue. Have been saying for a long time that shops in a college town need to adapt away from 8-5 and 9-12 schedules. How do you think they will react to that?
    I expect the new mayor to be all over this

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

This will be a game for Tech fans to celebrate the new SEZ and for fans of both teams to celebrate the beginning of a new football season. Tech fans should turn out in huge numbers to celebrate this facilities upgrade milestone, and it is generally believed Southern will bring lots of fans who will add to the environment for the game. It should all be good -- as long as we win.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Personally I think you are wrong on both counts. Big name schools not travelling well would be a huge crowd for us when you add it to our already die-hard 20k. Secondly, we would fill the stadium with a big name school given the right promotion and ground swell. We are essentially opening a brand new look for our stadium after a successful season with a bowl win and a new QB who played in the SEC for a couple of seasons. On the right night (not on a Thursday or Friday evening - but a Saturday evening 6 o'clock or later), we would be the 'place to be' in N La for that event! Be it Baylor, Ms St, or one of the lesser successful B12 or SEC teams, 'schedule it and they will come' (using my best James Earl Jones voice).

I cannot speak to what NLU does or did when they get these teams to come to their spot, I have not worried about them since the 80's......

Guys, we have a better product to sell than most of you think, we just have to tell the right story and get the right opportunities for people to come see it!

DFiH

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Maybe not but add extra concession stands and workers.
    We had a great crowd with NSU, I think Southern will surpass that attendance. Need to remember we took down two wings of seating.

If Grambling isn't playing, I expect many Grambling fans will come over and watch the game.

+ Reply to Thread