+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Statboy View Post
    I'm sure that you did. I'm even surer that when they said it, they had some type of relationship with the person it was directed to.

If not they were in for a royal ass whupping. That's the 70's I grew up in.
    What are you talking about?

The only "royal ass whupping" will take place on the gridiron. It should be the Dawgs administering it.

Again, what are you talking about?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am just looking forward to seeing the Southern band again. Used to go to those games when I could and been to several Bayou Classics in the Dome. Extremely entertaining and fun!

As for the game, we just need to play our game and not get taken off guard.

Varsity Bulldog Statboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am just looking forward to seeing the Southern band again. Used to go to those games when I could and been to several Bayou Classics in the Dome. Extremely entertaining and fun!

As for the game, we just need to play our game and not get taken off guard.
    Well hopefully our coach come in with an actual game plan other than to collect a check. If we can get our running game going and control the ball I think there will be a few surprises.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Well hopefully our coach come in with an actual game plan other than to collect a check. If we can get our running game going and control the ball I think there will be a few surprises.
    We should have a very stout defense and I am thinking our offense should be improved from last year, actually. I don't expect we will be taken off guard by an FCS team again (hopefully, we learned our lesson). I expect Southern to give us a game, though. You will probably give us a better game than ULL did last year. I have nothing but respect for Southern, so I expect a good battle - the different divisions means nothing when we hit the field.

I am the true optimist that sees a chance for us to go undefeated this year and break into a major bowl, so I do expect us to win. I am a Tech fan, though. I would expect that many of your fans are thinking Southern has a chance to win it, as well.

Varsity Bulldog Statboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

We should have a very stout defense and I am thinking our offense should be improved from last year, actually. I don't expect we will be taken off guard by an FCS team again (hopefully, we learned our lesson). I expect Southern to give us a game, though. You will probably give us a better game than ULL did last year. I have nothing but respect for Southern, so I expect a good battle - the different divisions means nothing when we hit the field.

I am the true optimist that sees a chance for us to go undefeated this year and break into a major bowl, so I do expect us to win. I am a Tech fan, though. I would expect that many of your fans are thinking Southern has a chance to win it, as well.

I concur, I'll hold my prediction on the score until after a week of practice So I can gauge just how much of an affect, not being able to participate in spring practice caused.

I concur, I'll hold my prediction on the score until after a week of practice So I can gauge just how much of an affect, not being able to participate in spring practice caused.
    I have a hard time judging practice to game outcomes, anyway, though. Everything changes when the players are on the field. Plus, the level of competition has to be taken into account. Last year, I would never have predicted our defense to be so great from practice. Playing against yourself in practice is much different. I was thinking our offense was not that great. Turns out we had a productive offense and an awesome defense.

Of course, after a loss to an FCS team to start the year, I would not have guessed we would have gone on to win CUSA West and beat Illinois in the Heart of Texas Bowl.

Just tough to guess......... I do expect an outstanding year from us, though.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

I just hope there is more Tech Blue in the stands than Jaguar Blue. Should be a great atmosphere to open the season.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I have a hard time judging practice to game outcomes, anyway, though. Everything changes when the players are on the field. Plus, the level of competition has to be taken into account. Last year, I would never have predicted our defense to be so great from practice. Playing against yourself in practice is much different. I was thinking our offense was not that great. Turns out we had a productive offense and an awesome defense.

Of course, after a loss to an FCS team to start the year, I would not have guessed we would have gone on to win CUSA West and beat Illinois in the Heart of Texas Bowl.

Just tough to guess......... I do expect an outstanding year from us, though.
    Heart of Dallas Bowl.....Champ, I know you were tired from taking care of cats, etc., but.....c'mon man!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I don't know... Back in the '70s, everytime somebody said "Yo Momma" we all laughed. Has something changed?
    I'm sure that you did. I'm even surer that when they said it, they had some type of relationship with the person it was directed to.

If not they were in for a royal ass whupping. That's the 70's I grew up in.
    "That's a momma joke!"

Yo mama joke From Remember the titans - YouTube

► 0:57
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MXKiFrlokMay 30, 2012 - 57 sec - Uploaded by TheBigtJoke
    Funny "yo mama" jokes from remember the titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Heart of Dallas Bowl.....Champ, I know you were tired from taking care of cats, etc., but.....c'mon man!
    Sorry about that...... Actually, I was just typing fast in between work. I don't show dogs or cats anymore. Have to travel too much. One dog and one cat house now. Maybe the song Deep in the Heart of Texas was in my head or something.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We ruled all of Texas that day! So, Champ, you got it right.

Ran into a former high school coach of Blake Martin this week (while vacating in Colorado). He asked where we were from, when I answered Louisiana, he commented, Oh, you must like LSU, then. Ah....no. I support Louisiana Tech. That's when he said he was at our bowl game and that he was a coach at Martin's HS. Went on to say how impressed he was with the Dawgs, our fans, the whole atmosphere. Had plenty of compliments, that one could take as back-handed negatives. Such as he was surprised by our attendance....heck! you guys greatly out-numbered the Illinois crowd. Y'all were VERY loud and into the game....just like big time schools are. I smiled and thanked him.

He asked about Martin's prospects of getting significant playing time this year. I shrugged, cuz I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We ruled all of Texas that day! So, Champ, you got it right.

Ran into a former high school coach of Blake Martin this week (while vacating in Colorado). He asked where we were from, when I answered Louisiana, he commented, Oh, you must like LSU, then. Ah....no. I support Louisiana Tech. That's when he said he was at our bowl game and that he was a coach at Martin's HS. Went on to say how impressed he was with the Dawgs, our fans, the whole atmosphere. Had plenty of compliments, that one could take as back-handed negatives. Such as he was surprised by our attendance....heck! you guys greatly out-numbered the Illinois crowd. Y'all were VERY loud and into the game....just like big time schools are. I smiled and thanked him.

He asked about Martin's prospects of getting significant playing time this year. I shrugged, cuz I have no idea.
    I have a new Board member from Austin and we met for coffee a couple of weeks ago to get some contracts signed. She said she loves Louisiana and, without me prompting, she asked "Are you are lsu or Louisiana Tech fan?" I told her Tech with a smile on my face. She is from Texas A&M and stated that she only knew the two schools in Louisiana, so figured we must hate each other like A&M and UT.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

One dog and one cat house now. Maybe the song Deep in the Heart of Texas was in my head or something.
    .....So, you run a "Cat House" now??

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    .....So, you run a "Cat House" now??
    That would be a lot more fun......

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

...and more profitable.

+ Reply to Thread