+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vote for Houston Bates!

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Vote for Houston Bates!

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    That's just the way I am. I never follow the herd like you and maddawg do. I always call them the way I see them. Did you ever think about having a thought of your own or are you afraid somebody will make a derogatory remark about you if you don't agree with them.
    You're right. Just following the crowd here. I should've known you would know more about Auburn's history and traditions than Auburn itself. My bad.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    You're right. Just following the crowd here. I should've known you would know more about Auburn's history and traditions than Auburn itself. My bad.
    One other thing, I really don't give a shit what you think about me. I'm just glad I don't have to work for that rag of a newspaper you work for. If old Bill Carter is still around, tell him Don White said he can kiss my ass. He'll definitely remember my name. I'm the guy that sent his favorite team into a downward spiral back in 1980 when I turned them in for cheating.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

One other thing, I really don't give a shit what you think about me. I'm just glad I don't have to work for that rag of a newspaper you work for. If old Bill Carter is still around, tell him Don White said he can kiss my ass. He'll definitely remember my name. I'm the guy that sent his favorite team into a downward spiral back in 1980 when I turned them in for cheating.
    I've never met Bill Carter. He was long gone by the time I got to The Town Talk. It's 2015, Don. Time to stop living in a time before I -- and many others who have been out of college for more than a decade -- were even born.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I've never met Bill Carter. He was long gone by the time I got to The Town Talk. It's 2015, Don. Time to stop living in a time before I -- and many others who have been out of college for more than a decade -- were even born.
    You finally hit a nerve, Perfesser. Please tells us why we should quit living in our time. We've given your generation everything else.

PS--Bill Carter left a bad impression of Tech on everyone in that community following him.

Oh.....IMHO.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    You finally hit a nerve, Perfesser. Please tells us why we should quit living in our time. We've given your generation everything else.

PS--Bill Carter left a bad impression of Tech on everyone in that community following him.

Oh.....IMHO.
    As far as I can tell, Bill Carter died before I entered high school. He's been gone for 20 years. You of all people, T-Mo, know how much the industry has changed in 20 years. Look, I get defensive about my employer, but I'm also realistic and have been critical myself (to the point of getting myself in trouble; there are folks in Monroe who even today don't like me). There are plenty of reasons to be critical or not like The Town Talk or Gannett. That's fine. A former sports editor who hasn't been here in more than two decades isn't one of those reasons. Sorry. Join us in the 21st century, please.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Only if I choose to, young man! That's a privilege us old folks have. We DO have perspective on all things new & OLD.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. Join us in the 21st century, please.
    Where the truth matters not in reporting anymore? No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Where the truth matters not in reporting anymore? No thanks!
    Hah! There is more information available today than ever before. It's hilarious that you post this at this time, that day after Martin Luther King Jr. was honored for his role in the civil rights movement. For years and years, my industry, especially in the South, turned a blind eye to the atrocities that occurred every single day to minorities. You weren't finding the truth in reporting back then.

I think you mistake "reporting" for opinion, which there is far too much of on the national news these days. There's still plenty of good reporting going on in stories across the country.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I can tell, Bill Carter died before I entered high school.
    Can you find out where he is buried? DonW needs to put on his dancing shoes.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's a funny story they have about that eagle circling the field and diving into the ground and killing himself. I've never heard of a bird committing suicide before. It must have taken a while to come up with that story.
    The Boise folks always CLAIMED that their football field attracted birds the same way, with the same end result. Apparently they think they are divng into a blue lake. I'm kinda surprised the PETA folks haven't protested that blue field over the years.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Hah! There is more information available today than ever before. It's hilarious that you post this at this time, that day after Martin Luther King Jr. was honored for his role in the civil rights movement. For years and years, my industry, especially in the South, turned a blind eye to the atrocities that occurred every single day to minorities. You weren't finding the truth in reporting back then.

I think you mistake "reporting" for opinion, which there is far too much of on the national news these days. There's still plenty of good reporting going on in stories across the country.
    Can you take this nonsense to another thread. Talk about a hijack........Geeez.

+ Reply to Thread