+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody remember this game?

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Re: Anybody remember this game?

Russdawg says I attended a game or two during the 78 Tech season, a few months before my birth.

I like to think that at 8 hours I watched my first sporting event, Super Bowl XIII (Pittsburgh 35, Dallas 31).

I remember watching Venus Lacy and Nora Lewis in 88-89 but not a specific game.

The first specific Tech games that I remember attending are Colorado State and Maryland (I-Bowl).

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    That's awesome! Do you remember the program?
    No, not really. Didn't hardly need a program back then with only 40-50 on the team. I had three friends from down the hall in the dorm on the team. They were all from Pineville as were my roommates (that's plural). One had been a childhood friend from elementary school. Two of them -- Lucian Conway and Tommy Dunbar -- stayed with it all four years.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    That game was way before my time. However, I did come across this a few years ago.At the time I remember thinking "where the hell is The University of Southwestern LA". After doing a quick google search I found out that it's a former name for ULL. It seems like quite a stretch to go from Southwestern LA to "Louisiana"

Was a fitting cover for Mr &Mrs OLDBLUE. Was our last game attended that year because of an "Autumn" wedding, and, our last game attended as students at Louisiana's greatest university.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

My first Tech game was NLU at The Joe in 1971. Some early, early version of Timeout for Tech.
    Bulldog QB Ken Lantrip ripped the Idiots.
    Afterwards I went and legally bought my first six pack at Moon's at the Cheniere Exit. Arkansas age was 21. Louisiana? 18?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread