+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 197 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2951

Thread: 2016 Presidential Campaign

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: 2016 Presidential Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    It's naive to think it wouldn't. The ONLY way it gets legalized is if it can be taxed and controlled. Tax enforcement, healthcare, law enforcement (for starters) spending all go up.
    The same arguments that weee used for prohibition.

What we are doing clearly isn't working. The collateral damage to innocents is tremendous. The cost of the men with guns forcing your moral values on others is astronomical. The cost of all the lawyers and court personnel it takes to prosecute and defend drug charges it incalculable. The cost of imprisoning people who don't agree with your moral values is staggering. You have given El Chapo a monopoly on a product because you think it is immoral.

I wouldn't regulate it at all. I know you can't help yourself because you think getting high is immoral. Regardless of the extent you would regulate the behavior of others, it will be less than it is now.

For what it's worth, I think drug use is about as stupid of a thing a person could do, other than watch The Apprentis. I just have no desire to force at gunpoint what you do to your body. Otherwise I would arrest everybody who watches Duck Dynasty. I think reality shows kill brain cells.
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 03-29-2016 at 01:05 PM.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Voting for the Libertarian is a half vote for Hillary. I hope you'll have reconsidered by the time the general election takes place.
    The surest way to ensure evil reigns is to continue to vote for the lesser of two evils. If you don't want me voting for a 3rd party then make sure Cruz wins the Republican nomination. A vote for Trump is a half vote for Hillary.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    A vote for Trump is a half vote for Hillary.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Many legal substances and behaviors cause death, destruction, and ruined lives.
    Yeah, when done or used improperly or by idiots.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Otherwise I would arrest everybody who watches Duck Dynasty. I think reality shows kill brain cells.
    +1000

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The same arguments that weee used for prohibition.

What we are doing clearly isn't working. The collateral damage to innocents is tremendous. The cost of the men with guns forcing your moral values on others is astronomical. The cost of all the lawyers and court personnel it takes to prosecute and defend drug charges it incalculable. The cost of imprisoning people who don't agree with your moral values is staggering. You have given El Chapo a monopoly on a product because you think it is immoral.

I wouldn't regulate it at all. I know you can't help yourself because you think getting high is immoral. Regardless of the extent you would regulate the behavior of others, it will be less than it is now.

For what it's worth, I think drug use is about as stupid of a thing a person could do, other than watch The Apprentis. I just have no desire to force at gunpoint what you do to your body. Otherwise I would arrest everybody who watches Duck Dynasty. I think reality shows kill brain cells.
    I wasn't around for that era, but I don't remember reading anything that applies my statement to prohibition.

All those cost you are hating? They increase with legalization. Is there a solution that allows us to have our cake and eat it, too? Maybe. But you aren't getting it with simply legalizing everything. And there being a monopoly is good idea to a libertarian, isn't it? I have no clue. I'm not libertarian.

You wouldn't regulate it, but it will be. This can not be ignored. The regulations would be even more intrusive than they are now. I have no opinion on the morality of drug use. I just know it's not for me. I get high (not a literal high) enough in other, typically non-destructive ways. What you want to do is up to you. Just don't expect me to be happy about having to pay more taxes for your selfish ways.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    We desperately need a flat tax, flat tax, flat tax!!!!
    A flat tax will not allow us to meet even our most basic obligations.
    Wrong. a 14% - 16% across the board by corporations and individuals alike would solve a ton of our woes. But I would have no problem in your senario above.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Wrong. a 14% - 16% across the board by corporations and individuals alike would solve a ton of our woes. But I would have no problem in your senario above.
    A flat tax will solve nothing except make a tax accountant's job a little easier.

You shouldn't be okay with the scenario.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

It's naive to think it wouldn't. The ONLY way it gets legalized is if it can be taxed and controlled. Tax enforcement, healthcare, law enforcement (for starters) spending all go up.
    Exactly how does law enforcement spending go UP when you make the major portion of their current focus a legal activity? Furthermore, why would healthcare necessarily go up? Are you presuming that there are a lot of crackheads in waiting who don't partake now because it is illegal?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I thought you might like that. LOL.

http://alibertarianfuture.com/2016-e....mbcUhgH8.dpbs

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Exactly how does law enforcement spending go UP when you make the major portion of their current focus a legal activity? Furthermore, why would healthcare necessarily go up? Are you presuming that there are a lot of crackheads in waiting who don't partake now because it is illegal?
    Perhaps I should have used "lion's share" instead of major? Would that have helped in formulating a response JuBru?

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Drugs becoming legal doesn't change law enforcement's pursuit of drug users, sellers, etc. Mostly everything illegal about drugs now would still be illegal. Selling, growing, producing, et al would be confined to businesses, not individuals (unless they are selling to businesses). That is more places law enforcement has to cover. Add in the increase in crime while you're at it. Overtime is going to bankrupt a few municipalities.

Healthcare will go up because of the numbers of users and abusers needing counter-drugs and other health needs met. Insurance companies will not "eat" that (presuming their even still around after the left is done). Yes, there is a significant amount of people that don't do drugs or other illegal activities simply because it is illegal. I also have seen the affects drugs have on people and what happens when there is an increase in users. The worse the drug offered, the worse off the people we will get.

There's probably more I could get into with it all, but why get wordy? You've made up your mind

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Drugs becoming legal doesn't change law enforcement's pursuit of drug users, sellers, etc. Mostly everything illegal about drugs now would still be illegal. Selling, growing, producing, et al would be confined to businesses, not individuals (unless they are selling to businesses). That is more places law enforcement has to cover. Add in the increase in crime while you're at it. Overtime is going to bankrupt a few municipalities.

Healthcare will go up because of the numbers of users and abusers needing counter-drugs and other health needs met. Insurance companies will not "eat" that (presuming their even still around after the left is done). Yes, there is a significant amount of people that don't do drugs or other illegal activities simply because it is illegal. I also have seen the affects drugs have on people and what happens when there is an increase in users. The worse the drug offered, the worse off the people we will get.
    Much of this similarly applies to alcohol, tobacco, Coca-Cola, and Big Macs.

Should those be outlawed?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

There's probably more I could get into with it all, but why get wordy? You've made up your mind
    Because we are rational individuals. We can have an engaging discussion and be better off for it.

Reasonable people can disagree. Some can even be friends.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Reasonable people can disagree. Some can even be friends.
    You are so gay!

+ Reply to Thread