+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 197 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Presidential Campaign

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

2016 Presidential Campaign

Yes, I admit it, I am a political-junkie! I like to follow national politics. Kind of a hobby...

So, with that said, I am launching this thread to begin following the 2016 run for the White House.

To start with, let's review the early favorites:

On the Repub side there is a long list. A list that will change often over the coming months, year. Near the top of the "list to watch" are:

Jeb Bush
    Rick Perry
    Mitt Romney
    Rand Paul
    Scott Walker
    Alan West
    Chris Christy
    Bobby Jindal

Those last two are already done, IMO.

On the Demo side are:

Hillary K.
    Elizabeth Warren
    Joe Biden

That it? Is this the best the Demos have to offer? Surely I am missing a name or two from the list.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2016 Presidential Campaign

Unless Chief Lizzy Warren undercuts her enough, I think its Clinton all the way for the Democrats.

The Republicans are gonna nominate the worst possible candidate in order to appease the Rinos. That would be Jeb. Mitt has the best shot but has stated publically that he won't run if Jeb runs. It will end up being a Clinton vs Bush Oligarchy Election.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yes, I admit it, I am a political-junkie! I like to follow national politics. Kind of a hobby...

So, with that said, I am launching this thread to begin following the 2016 run for the White House.

To start with, let's review the early favorites:

On the Repub side there is a long list. A list that will change often over the coming months, year. Near the top of the "list to watch" are:

Jeb Bush
    Rick Perry
    Mitt Romney
    Rand Paul
    Scott Walker
    Alan West
    Chris Christy
    Bobby Jindal

Those last two are already done, IMO.

On the Demo side are:

Hillary K.
    Elizabeth Warren
    Joe Biden

That it? Is this the best the Demos have to offer? Surely I am missing a name or two from the list.
    There are several different camps within the Republican Party that each candidate could specifically target.

Establishment: Jeb Bush (FL), Gov. Chris Christie (NJ)..."favorites of the donor class, RINOS, etc."
    Evangelical: Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum..."family values"
    Governors (Managerial): Scott Walker (WI), Rick Perry (TX), Bobby Jindal (LA), John Kasich (OH)..."Look at my track records in my states when I was governor, etc."
    Legislative (Center-Right): Paul Ryan (WI), Marco Rubio (FL)
    Legislative (Right): Sen. Ted Cruz (TX), Sen. Rand Paul (KY)
    Miscellaneous: Dr. Ben Carson

I think Paul Ryan will not run for President if Governor Scott Walker decides to run. If Jeb Bush runs (which he will), then Romney stays out.

I wouldn't eliminate Bobby Jindal from the race...yet. It's a year before the Iowa Caucuses, and one year is an eternity in politics.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

If Jeb Bush is nominated I will never vote Republican in federal election again.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Bush
    Christie
    Ryan

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...lls/president/

I vote none of the above

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    If Jeb Bush is nominated I will never vote Republican in federal election again.
    He's the frontrunner and the most likely to get $$,$$$,$$$'s thrown his way. He's got the nomination if he wants it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Every potential candidate mentioned, on both sides, have their share (MORE than their share!) of naysayers.

Already, in just a handful of posts, some have stated if "this candidate" is nominated I'm done! Okay. Since no one listed here, and/or mentioned elsewhere, seems able to create a consensus, who then?

WHO do YOU want to see run for POTUS, and why?

Just to reiterate, I think both Christie and Jindal are "dead in the water." They might enter the race, fine, raising some money to get in for Iowa, New Hampshire....but, they won't garner more than 3% of the vote and be finished early.

John Kasich is an interesting candidate. I think he might be able to pull it off.

On the demo side, is it just Hillary, Warren, and Biden? And, I say Biden only because as the sitting VP he will be expected to run.

How about Al Franken!!!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

On the demo side, is it just Hillary, Warren, and Biden? And, I say Biden only because as the sitting VP he will be expected to run.

How about Al Franken!!!
    There is also
    Formed Exploratory Committee:
    Senator Jim Webb, Virginia

Expressed Interest:
    Martin O'Malley
    Joe Manchin
    Howard Dean
    Luis Guiterrez
    Ed Rendell
    Bernie Sanders
    Brian Schweitzer

Suspected Candidates:
    Tammy Baldwin
    Steve Bullock
    George Clooney
    Andrew Cuomo
    Russ Feingold
    Al Franken
    Maggie Hassan
    Amy Klobuchar
    William McRaven
    Janet Napolitano
    Jay Nixon
    Antonio Villaraigosa
    Mark Mark Warner

There are probably more, but these are the only ones with "serious" support to maybe run.
    (sourced from wikipedia, huffpo, wsj, nyt, and various political sites)

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Just to reiterate, I think both Christie and Jindal are "dead in the water."
    Christie polls in the top five in most polls, while Jindal is in the bottom three in most polls. Christie is very much in the running; Jindal is not.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Rubio.

Why? He's great in a sound clip and that's all any GOP candidate will get...unless they're a rino. In my view, he's one of the few with an acceptible blend of conservative and electable. Rand will be marginalized just like his dad. Jindal will marginalized himself with horribly executed populism.

I figure whoever is elected, we lose.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Every potential candidate mentioned, on both sides, have their share (MORE than their share!) of naysayers.

Already, in just a handful of posts, some have stated if "this candidate" is nominated I'm done! Okay. Since no one listed here, and/or mentioned elsewhere, seems able to create a consensus, who then?

I'm basically done already. We have the illusion of self-government. But, to stay on topic, I would say it is easier to eliminate at this point. It would not be good for us to have another Bush in the White House. I know the Bushes are big government guys. But the Republican Party will shove him down our throats.

My guess is I vote third party this time around. I will not continue to vote Republican if they keep putting up the old retread big government candidates.

Bush
    Dole
    Bush
    McCain
    Romney

Yuck, that's as good as we can do?

I taste vomit in my mouth right now.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Rubio.

Why? He's great in a sound clip and that's all any GOP candidate will get...unless they're a rino. In my view, he's one of the few with an acceptible blend of conservative and electable. Rand will be marginalized just like his dad. Jindal will marginalized himself with horribly executed populism.

I figure whoever is elected, we lose.
    I think Rand is much more mainstream than his dad. I think he has a much better shot. While he leans Libertarian, he's still a Republican while his dad was, for the most part, a Republican in name only. IIRC His dad even ran for office as a Libertarian at one point.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I think Rand is much more mainstream than his dad. I think he has a much better shot. While he leans Libertarian, he's still a Republican while his dad was, for the most part, a Republican in name only. IIRC His dad even ran for office as a Libertarian at one point.
    You're right on both (Rand being more mainstream and Ron's Libertarian run). I still don't feel he's "mainstream" enough to get a fair shake from the media. Here's the deal with folks who have complex thoughts on complex situations...they don't sound good in a 30-second clip. The tragedy of our modern culture is that we'd rather a good sound-byte than a well written article. We'd rather a great tweet than a through treatise.

I think Rubio has substance and can operate in our sound-clip culture. We'll see I guess.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread