+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Scheduling Games with ULL

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Re: Stop Scheduling Games with ULL

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    You sure about that?
    I'm not giving any interviews. Call my secretary on Monday and schedule a meeting.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    As long as we spank their ass 48-20 or more, play them every year. Send them back to FCS with nlulmnop.
    That didn't happen with Northwestern State.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    I'm not giving any interviews. Call my secretary on Monday and schedule a meeting.
    Have your secretary contact my assistant secretary.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Puppy exflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your time exflash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Have your secretary contact my assistant secretary.
    -------If you don't play the LaLaff in football then you won't be playing us in anything--this was the policy by LaLaff after you guys stopped the football series---kinda tough when you lose LaLaff on the schedule in all sports---BTW I thought LaLaff would win in FB but think we would win in all other sports--actually the only things left are baseball and softball since we won in MBB and WBB---I like our chance there!! I also realize that nobody cares about any sport other than football and y'all really embarassed us in that game. We are not close to the program LaTech is.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by exflash View Post
    -------If you don't play the Cajuns in football then you won't be playing us in anything--this was the policy by UL after you guys stopped the football series---kinda tough when you lose UL on the schedule in all sports---BTW I thought we would win in FB but think we would win in all other sports--actually the only things left are baseball and softball since we won in MBB and WBB---I like our chance there!!
    "You are dead to us"

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Exactly! Time to play up. Nobody wants to watch Southern and ULL at home. I guess nobody remembers the praise going around for cutting out the whoring out of the team on the road and the playing crap teams at home.

Those two games are going to be the highest attended games of the season and maybe that last 10 years. One may be the highest ever.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Those two games are going to be the highest attended games of the season and maybe that last 10 years. One may be the highest ever.
    Only because P5 teams aren't coming to Ruston. How many did we have for Texas A&M in shreveport? Have you looked at other CUSA OOC schedules? They have p5's coming to them . And they aren't 2 for 1's.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

ULL won't bring near as many as Southern to JAS. That is fact and proven. For scheduling an FCS team, Southern was a good choice. ULL (and the rest of the belt) don't travel well, unless it is to New Orleans for their pre-game to the bowl season.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

The series with UL Lafayette is just like the series with Northwestern State that ended 35 years ago. The more we play it the less interest there is and the more lopsided the series becomes in our favor. I think we should move on from it.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion (which only matters to ME, I get that), We need to draw a line in the sand for our program that says: We will play anybody in-state, or NOBODY in-state. It's very simple. If we choose to play in-state schools, we risk losing to them...DUH. If we choose to not play anyone in state, problem solved...except, We risk losing to Sam Houston, Lamar, or UCA. Is there a big difference? If we view ourselves as an FCS program on steroids, then yes. if we view ourselves as a legitimate FBS program, we deal with the W's and L's and move on.

Let's be honest with ourselves guys. We are not head and shoulders better than ULL. We have taken more risks than them, and it has mostly paid off for us. Maybe that makes us better? I'll leave that right here for y'all to debate. As far as ULM, I think there's little question our program top to bottom is superior...TODAY. In ULM's case, they're severely handicapped by their lack of financial resources.

As far as playing the twins or anyone instate? I personally don't care one way or the other. I'd just like our "policy" to be consistent, and for our fan base to be less paranoid.
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 01-11-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post

Let's be honest with ourselves guys. We are not head and shoulders better than ULL. We have taken more risks than them, and it has mostly paid off for us. Maybe that makes us better? I'll leave that right here for y'all to debate. As far as ULM, I think there's little question our program top to bottom is superior...TODAY. In ULM's case, they're severely handicapped by their lack of financial resources.

As far as playing the twins or anyone instate? I personally don't care one way or the other. I'd just like our "policy" to be consistent, and for our fan base to be less paranoid.
    As you know, LaMon is not going away. We might as well play them if we are going to play LaLaff.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    As you know, LaMon is not going away. We might as well play them if we are going to play LaLaff.
    Yep. I went around Lottie's house to attempt to say that, but I completely agree. We need a consistent policy with these schools. I think the appearance of avoiding ULM like the plague does way more harm to us than we even realize.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

This is stupid. The myth that we can schedule to build attendance is way overblown. Just win and it doesn't matter who you play. We can't expect our opponents to bring the fans. LSU fills it's stadiums because of IT'S reputation not it's opponents. When they don't win Alabama can't fill their stadium. JUST WIN and the rest will take care of itself.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I can not think of any team more likely to have great crowd in Ruston more than southwestern Cajuns --
    You --and others-- have been told a thousand times that ULL NEVER travels well to Ruston, and we have the data to back this up. I don't understand the "love fest" some of you people have for the old Southland Conference schools.

FWIW, it's real hard for those of us supporters living out of state to get excited about playing other Louisiana schools, save for LSU. I guess my goals for LA Tech are just bigger than yours.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    This is stupid. The myth that we can schedule to build attendance is way overblown. Just win and it doesn't matter who you play. We can't expect our opponents to bring the fans. LSU fills it's stadiums because of IT'S reputation not it's opponents. When they don't win Alabama can't fill their stadium. JUST WIN and the rest will take care of itself.

THIS^^

Build a program that is a year in year out winner. Schedule who you can to fill the slate. Winning seasons, outright conference titles, and winning bowl games will max out our attendance possibilities. If our attendance is still averaging 21,000 after stringing together 5-6 winning seasons, then complain about trying to get the big boys to play here.

+ Reply to Thread