+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Scheduling Games with ULL

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: Stop Scheduling Games with ULL

I don't have problems with playing either of the ul twins. They probably wouldn't want too much money for their one and done in Ruston. After those games we would have to assess if the attendance is worth doing it again.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I don't have problems with playing either of the ul twins. They probably wouldn't want too much money for their one and done in Ruston. After those games we would have to assess if the attendance is worth doing it again.
    I agree on that. We play them in Ruston or NOT AT ALL!!

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

Wonder what ever happened to the rest of the multi years Tech was supposed to play Houston?
    Tech and Houston only played Home and Home and I think we were supposed to play at least
    two times but we got into CUSA and were to be conference mates and they went tpo the American Conf. They appear to have gotten a pass?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETXBULLDOG View Post
    Wonder what ever happened to the rest of the multi years Tech was supposed to play Houston?
    Tech and Houston only played Home and Home and I think we were supposed to play at least
    two times but we got into CUSA and were to be conference mates and they went tpo the American Conf. They appear to have gotten a pass?
    Getting in C-USA happened. We did some kind of favor for Rice to help them keep their series with Houston in place for at least one year. It's been a while since this was discussed so the exact details are sketchy.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You --and others-- have been told a thousand times that ULL NEVER travels well to Ruston, and we have the data to back this up. I don't understand the "love fest" some of you people have for the old Southland Conference schools.

FWIW, it's real hard for those of us supporters living out of state to get excited about playing other Louisiana schools, save for LSU. I guess my goals for LA Tech are just bigger than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    USLLaf has never travelled well unless they are going to BR to watch the tiggers play sombody.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    The series with UL Lafayette is just like the series with Northwestern State that ended 35 years ago. The more we play it the less interest there is and the more lopsided the series becomes in our favor. I think we should move on from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I don't want to watch us play either one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Play an ooc schedule against teams that the casual fan knows. Bottom tier SEC, BigXII, ACC, or even the MWC and AAC.

Primary targets are Mississippi State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Louisville, Kansas/Kansas St, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech.

Secondary targets should be SMU, Houston, New Mexico, Colorado St, Tulsa, Memphis, UCF, Tulane.

Tertiary targets should be FCS schools.

The Sunbelt should be a LAST resort. The more we associate with them the more the general public confuses us with them. Absolutely NO advantage in playing them. I'm not buying the attendance thing about UL-L; I was in Ruston the last time we played and they brought a paltry crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Monroe is 30 minutes away. You can't anywhere in a large city in less than 30 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Totally agree with this. SMU's campus is a solid 30 min from DFW. More, depending on the traffic and the time of day. And TCU is probably worse.

The airport excuse is not valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    I agree on that. We play them in Ruston or NOT AT ALL!!
    These

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Was speaking with my wife, a nlulm grad, about the SU game this next season. She asked who else we were playing at home. I told her UL-L. Her comment......

"Why are y'all playing UL-L? Aren't they in the sunbelt?"

"I know."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Was speaking with my wife, a nlulm grad, about the SU game this next season. She asked who else we were playing at home. I told her UL-L. Her comment......

"Why are y'all playing UL-L? Aren't they in the sunbelt?"

"I know."
    Exactly!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly!!
    The other hidden point here is that my wife was at nlulm for 4 years and wasn't sure ull was in the same conference as them.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Because goodness knows their program isn't nearly as successful as ours. Goodness knows they've only won four, straight bowl games. They certainly are up to our level....

wait....

Ludicrous. ULL and ULM are our only, natural rivalries. You can't INVENT rivalries. ULL and ULM games put people in seats.

I respectfully but strongly disagree. I would like to see ULL in CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly!!
    The other hidden point here is that my wife was at nlulm for 4 years and wasn't sure ull was in the same conference as them.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I thought ULL was a GOOD win for us this year. We benefited from it. I also enjoyed going to Lafayette and watching the game. Ultimately, it might have been our best road win of the year.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Bulldog ronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of light ronmyster's Avatar

That's what I'm talking about! We may have had 2million watching us in the bowl win and that is great. They respect us and all but we don't recruit in there backyard like ull, ulm ,LSU,Tulane and all the others.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

We don't recruit Florida either, but we have the 2011 #1 dual-threat QB recruit in America playing for us next year. He is coming because Holtz and Sokol recruited him and he watched us beat a decent Big10 team in the HOD Bowl.

You guys reeeeeally need to grow some tougher skin regarding NSU, UL-X,... going forward. We have much bigger fish to fry as a program! It is not 1971 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    ULL and ULM games put people in seats.
    Never have and never will. Maybe a few extra of our fans come and watch to see us give them an arse whipping but not NLU or USL fans. They travel terrible to Ruston and everyone knows it! They both are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    We don't recruit Florida either, but we have the 2011 #1 dual-threat QB recruit in America playing for us next year. He is coming because Holtz and Sokol recruited him and he watched us beat a decent Big10 team in the HOD Bowl.

You guys reeeeeally need to grow some tougher skin regarding NSU, UL-X,... going forward. We have much bigger fish to fry as a program! It is not 1971 anymore.
    Amen! Throw this thread to the Pit with the other 1000 like it on the same stupid topic.

+ Reply to Thread